Finally Got The Vrs Decked!

Hello there all!

Well after months of deliberation on what kit to get and so on decided on weitec hicon GT's and a neuspeed 22mm front arb

Got it all fitted yesterday by a friend who just happens to be a vw tech, handy eh? lol

so here we are: (oh and can i just say pics arent the best, i believe in simply point, shoot and hope! lol )

Before:

CarCleaning019.jpg

Note that hideous arch gap!

and now:

Hatty001.jpg

Hatty003.jpg

Hatty005.jpg

Hatty007.jpg

Pretty damn chuffed with the outcome, handles SOOOOOOooo much better andeven with the coilovers wound right the way down i can just about clear speed bumps!

thanks for looking.....

The naked brummell.....

Looks nice that. I'm using the same suspension and roughly the same height but I'm thinking of changing the rear spring as I'm finding them a bit harsh.

I only out them on yesterday so still finding it a luxury. my previous shocks were blown well front n/s and rear o/s so it was like navigating a ferry rather than a hot hatch lol will wait and see how it goes i personally dont do that much mileage in it so will wait and see how i feel about it in a few months :)

Makes such a difference, looks very well (and clean), not too sure about the red covers on the wheel nuts though

they're flouro orange actually, sadly i shouldnt be allowed near any paint as i am like a child and not to be trusted! those wheel bolts just prove that! ha

i will be getting the wheels refurbed in black so the caps will go the same colour.

Looks good, but you might find it to low, try going around a left hand corner at speed and you will destroy the right hand side drive shaft as it will rub the inner wing pretty bad, Been thee and done that in the past. You may also find the CV joints and there protective boots life shortened very dramatically, so expect to replace them a lot more frequently.

Needs more lower! :D

Nah, looks good!

The vRS is very low at the front end from the factory, I'm sure most people have scraped their bumpers before!

Air ride is the way forward...

• 1 month later...

mmm

looks nice mate, but its tooooo low for me lol. Ive had mine down pritty low and the ride gets a bit horrid after a while, you get tired of it and actually the handling is not that good either. I raised mine last year a bit and Have just raised it again lol and nothing is set up yet ie Geo but just on the short trip to Dominos I find the ride is a lot more pleasurable and firm at the same time and it handles much better on the 3 roundabouts to get there.

STD bar the rims

HPIM0684.jpg

First height with Weitecs

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

After I raised it(was a great improvement in the ride)

2642_76299415239_713485239_2742870_.jpg

BILD0779.jpg

Ill get some of the car now in the morning.

I found that even tho it looks ace low down the drive is very choppy and harsh and generally not nice but when you lift it up it smooths out and stays firm but not choppy.

Ive gone a bit higher again

billy

Edited by billy2981

Guest westallc

have you got a sump guard????

because you will come acropper at some point with it that low lol

but have to say looks the nuts

UPDATE!!!!

ok so finally got the wheels refurbed! only taken me 22months :rofl:

so here she stands currently

hattysnewshoes019.jpg

Any c&c always welcomed

That looks very nice. How much did it cost to get the wheels done? The finish looks top notch. :thumbup:

Was going to ask exactly the same, looks very nice, though still dont like the wheel nuts......could they not have done them black for you at the same time? :D

Billy, your pics have just reminded me that i need ot order a splitter on monday. Cheers

Edited by Choongmu

Like the look. Mine was like that, but as Billy stated with the splitter on I could not get over speed bumps and in multi story car parks, so raisd mine slightly.

I also changed the ARB links more often as they get a lot more stress when car low.

Looks very mean though.

got them done at wicked wheels in guildford, surrey. A mate works there so he did at 'mates rates' but they still arent that expensive to do.

theres no sump guard atm, i am very cautious with it but its on the 'to buy' list

thanks guys