New Scout

Hi All,

Picked up my new Scout a few days ago, and i have to say i'm extremely impressed so far. Sorry to see the ol' Octy L&K estate go

I'm taking it reasonably easy so far, have to say the Xenons are extremely good (thanks for all the advice to add then). :thumbup:

Interms of options i added - Xenons, Maxidot, MFSW, VB floor and electric front seat.

Ride quality is very good, not harsh at all but it does sit on 50 series rubber. its also quieter than the ol' L&K which surprised me.

attached are couple of piccies, apologies but its rained ever since i bought it :D

Scout front

Scout side

Scout back

Scout dash

Jon

PS bet the VRS boys are loving the wheel arch gaps ! :thumbup:

Edited by kumquat

Hi All,

Picked up my new Scout a few days ago, and i have to say i'm extremely impressed so far. Sorry to see the ol' Octy L&K estate go

I'm taking it reasonably easy so far, have to say the Xenons are extremely good (thanks for all the advice to add then). :thumbup:

Interms of options i added - Xenons, Maxidot, MFSW, VB floor and electric front seat.

Ride quality is very good, not harsh at all but it does sit on 50 series rubber. its also quieter than the ol' L&K which surprised me.

attached are couple of piccies, apologies but its rained ever since i bought it :D

Scout front

Scout side

Scout back

Scout dash

Jon

PS bet the VRS boys are loving the wheel arch gaps ! :thumbup:

Did yours come with electric folding mirrors as a recent poster was surprised to find his did?

Thanks everyone :D

Yes the folding mirrors were definitely a surprising bonus, Foo i'll post a piccie just for you when its light. ;)

Dan - in terms of the brown stuff, not really had a chance yet. We are off to Flintshire at Christmas, so i'll have a play then. i've got an old Diahatsu fourtrak for proper playing (and towing).

DRLs and cornering lights are via the Xenons, which seems to work well, not sure if this is the norm now?

Only niggle so far...... the nearside passenger door mirror doesn't dim? Guess its a cost saving thing

not sure to be honest? dealer wasn't sure either way...sorry :doh:

My new Scout didn't come with folding mirrors. This was a option, at least here in Switzerland. Got mine 3 weeks ago and I'm extremely pleased with it :-)

Here are some pictures of it!

http://gallery.me.com/dual533/100183

regards

John

Edited by Johncoffee

Hi John

Welcome to Briskoda

Your Scout looks great, i was tempted to have the same colour as you.

It's nice to see one with snow on it :) Out of interest, how does it handle in the snow?

Jon

Edited by kumquat

Whats the reason for the non-standard alloys?

Well - my I've put the summer tires onto the standard alloys. They are currently doing a 'winter sleep' at my dealer.

Will put them on in spring next year.

The current winter tires are 16" only. Summer tires are 17".

regards

John

Hi John

Welcome to Briskoda

Your Scout looks great, i was tempted to have the same colour as you.

It's nice to see one with snow on it :) Out of interest, how does it handle in the snow?

Jon

Hey John - pleased to meet you - thanks for the warm welcome.

I like the Cappuccino color a lot - well red was tempting for me, but I decided to keep the color somewhat unobtrusive ;-)

Snow performance: I only did drive on 20cm of snow here in the valley. Performance was rock solid - like a riding on rails. The Haldex didn't engage so far I think, but how would I know this anyway.

I do have the 1.8TSI engine, it runs that quiet. Amazing, almost like a electro motor-)

By the way - here is my current fuel consumption:

369960_41.png

http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/369960.html

Best regards

John

Edited by Johncoffee

Finally, another TSI Scout owner!!!!.

IF i remember rightly from my drive through Switzerland in the summer in the MX5 (stopped at Leysin and Bern for a couple of nights) petrol is pretty cheap in Switzerland.

Dan - in terms of the brown stuff, not really had a chance yet. We are off to Flintshire at Christmas, so i'll have a play then. i've got an old Diahatsu fourtrak for proper playing (and towing).

I was amazed with my quattro, 1 in 3 wet muddy grass slope and it went straight to the top like it was on the flat! And this was on Peformance Road Tyres! My front wheel drive passat two weeks earlier wouldnt set a tyre off the track

• 4 weeks later...

Hi do all new Scouts now come with folding mirrows?

I emailed Skoda UK re do scouts now come with electric folding mirrors? and got a phonecall today from them to say, according to their paperwork all new scouts should be now be fitted with them as standard. He couldn't give a build week for when this change came into being so I'll have to wait and see if mine has them!

Edited by stokey

• 3 months later...

I emailed Skoda UK re do scouts now come with electric folding mirrors? and got a phonecall today from them to say, according to their paperwork all new scouts should be now be fitted with them as standard. He couldn't give a build week for when this change came into being so I'll have to wait and see if mine has them!

Hi stokey. Did you get your new Scout ? Did it have the folding mirrors ?

Cheers

Hi,

Picked up my new scout this week. Definitely no folding mirrors! :(

Ahh.. Nevermind. What colour GGG. Diesel or Petrol ?