Picked up new vRS today trouble already

m0bov

I was starting to wonder if the cold had caused the battery volts to drop or something, its dead still out there and frosty. Anyway, its the vRS Combi with DSG, xenon, auto lights/wipers, seats, glass, BT and rails and well pleased with it. Got my TyTN2 paired to the GSM2 prep and works ok on the drive. The amount of tech is amazing, got Venture Shield fitted to paintwork and LEDed up the inside, got my vRS mats in and all so looks puckka. Except tax disc indoors now, will let it warm up and use hairdryer on glass to warm it up tomoz.

Edited by m0bov

So the interior sensors work emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

What I do with suction cups before attaching them to the windshield is, just hold them under warm water to warm them up and than attach them to the windshield. Dont heat up the glass! (it can crack).

They are gel pads, its a richworths thing, i'd only warm the glass so it takes to it, wrong time of year really but hay ho. Means I am populating the ECU with data though.

Mine is the same, keeps falling off, although it has stayed on for at least a week this time!

Don't panic if it goes off again: mine did it occasionally and the dealer made a quick adjustment to something while I waited.

If it starts crying in the night (new babies do), you could lock the doors manually, which won't activate the alarm at all. (Maybe not a good idea if you live in a high-crime area.)

If you lock it manually the alarm will still be on.

Pushing the lock knob on your remote twice will turn it off.

But you could also turn the interior sensor off. There is a knob on the B-pillar.

All is written in the manual (sounds friendlyer than rtfm....)

This of course only if you have a Skoda alarmsystem.

if I tap a sensor, it does continuous tone. :( Anyone else noticed this?

Is that not it letting you know you crashed?

My car alarm went off twice last night, once evening and once at 0200. I am wondering it it is the cold weather.

Oh dear, now the reversing sensors are playing up, if I tap a sensor, it does continuous tone. :( Anyone else noticed this?

Sorry to hear you are having troubles, But I have to ask................................Just how did you find out about tapping the sensors ? :wonder:

Sorry to hear you are having troubles, But I have to ask................................Just how did you find out about tapping the sensors ? :wonder:

I was wondering that?

Let us know how you get on with the alarm trouble. If it's windy, you can close the vents.

Also, what is the advantage of an alloy tax disc holder?

My alarm went off a couple of times this morning also. In the end I opened all the doors and gave them a good shutting and that sorted it. Although they all appeared to be shut tight obviously something wasn't engaged properly. Maybe something similar in yours?

I do think its the cold doing the alarm thing. Regard the reversing sensor, it goes continous even when there is nothing behind the car, if I tap the suspect sensor, it then stops.