• RS6
    • Dare to be different

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dare to be diffrent... i was going to go for 19" RS6, 'but thats like just soo last year!' ;)

got my eyes on some 18" wheels trying to keep decent ride, cost of tires down, and feel the 19" can look a bit over sized, also going for a BIG drop on my coil overs if they ever turn up :rolleyes: ...so you will have to wait and see..ASAIK no one else has a set of these wheels on an OCTY.... :D

Joel

Joel, watchout going to low with the standard arb, the handling goes to pieces and I nearly ended wrecking the driveshaft on the drivers front due to contact with the inner wing at 90+ mph on the ring.

19s will give better turn in, but on a bumpy surface like the ring you loose some of the traction because there is less sidewall to deflect so the car will bounce and jump around the corners towards the armco.

Joel' date=' watchout going to low with the standard arb, the handling goes to pieces and I nearly ended wrecking the driveshaft on the drivers front due to contact with the inner wing at 90+ mph on the ring.

19s will give better turn in, but on a bumpy surface like the ring you loose some of the traction because there is less sidewall to deflect so the car will bounce and jump around the corners towards the armco.[/quote']

not planning on going on track days just yet but will bear that in mind...how about everyday use ?

Joel

not planning on going on track days just yet but will bear that in mind...how about everyday use ?

Joel. it was ok in everyday use, I just kept hitting the front spoiler on kerbs and road humps.

Nice wheel but I wouldn't buy from rochford tyres. Yes they are cheap and when you have a problem with the wheel you will understand why!

I bought a set of 17's off them last year and within 2 months most of the chrome had flaked off. When I informed Rochford tyres they said that they would have to be sent back to the manufacturer (wolfrace) for 'inspection'! Bit difficult to do that when you no longer have the original wheels to keep using on the car! They also said that because 1 of the wheels had a very slight evidence of curbing (I mean it was more of a scuff mark no more than 3 cm long) they said that wolfrace wouldn't even accept them for inspection!!!

Moral of the story is to buy elsewhere and spend a few pounds extra. :mad: :thumbdwn:

Nice wheel but I wouldn't buy from rochford tyres. Yes they are cheap and when you have a problem with the wheel you will understand why!

I bought a set of 17's off them last year and within 2 months most of the chrome had flaked off. When I informed Rochford tyres they said that they would have to be sent back to the manufacturer (wolfrace) for 'inspection'! Bit difficult to do that when you no longer have the original wheels to keep using on the car! They also said that because 1 of the wheels had a very slight evidence of curbing (I mean it was more of a scuff mark no more than 3 cm long) they said that wolfrace wouldn't even accept them for inspection!!!

Moral of the story is to buy elsewhere and spend a few pounds extra. :mad: :thumbdwn:

that seems more to do with Wolfrace then Rochford...at the end of the day if you had spent 'X' amount more on a set of wolfrace wheels from say Helfruads there is a chance you woudl have had the same problem...how can a shop be resopsible for something they just sell and not manufacture..

Joel

wolfrace wheels had a big problem with crome and black silver finished wheels a few years ago, i know of a few people that had the same problem of the paint flaking off.

all got the same answer from different dealers "they'll have to go back to wolfrace for inspection".

thing is if the wheel was scuffed then you cant expect them to replace it.

Ok...don'y buy from Wolfrace and don't buy form Rochford tyres.

Rochford tyres were very helpful when selling the wheels and assured me that if there were any problems with chrome flaking off then the wheels would be replaced under warranty from ROCHFORD tyres. No mention was made about having to send the wheels to wolfrace for inspection. If I buy a digital camera from Currys I wouldn't expect them to send it back to Sony for inspection, they would either replace or refund, so why should buying wheels be any different? Anyway it all turned out ok in the end becuase i paid for the wheels with my CC and they saw fit to refund me, I went and bought a decent (OZ) set of wheels from a decent supplier and all was well. ;)

I'm looking for a set of Rs4's now as cleaning the octy standard alloys are a royal pain in the butt.

Shops do send faulty items back to the manufacturer for testing before giving a refund / replacement or repair. I have had this happen on several occasions at different shops, the 1st was a car stereo that had a faulty amp, I cant remember what the other one was. They do this so that they can elliminate user error as the cause.

Will I buy from Rochford Tyres, why not. I used to work just round the corner from their operation, very proffesional looking operation and always very busy.

• 2 weeks later...