highland summer drive date set 27th -30th august

dazjenks

1. dazjenks - any of the 3

2. chrisw880 - july/august (maybe)

3. nokiauk - july/early august

4. Kay (MudPuppy) - august / september

though september would be better as it's difficult for me to get time off in summer.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought any of the three months would have been ok for me but the other guys at my work have beeting me to them :doh: the dates i have are leave friday the 27th sat 28th sun 29th and back on the monday 30th . Hope that sounds good to ppl thats the only dates i could really get :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have been watching a similar run out develop over on northern mini. There choice adds more west coast missing out the loch ness link and coming down from Inverness via Braemar.

Touching on* Culloden* Grantown-on-Spey* Tomintoul* The Lecht* Balmoral* Braemar* Glenshee* Pitlochry* House of Bruar.

This is a run they do every year with some minor tweaks. The photos from the 3 day run starting at Stirling look stunning. We are going to use the route as a basis for our own drive round Scotland in the V8.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been watching a similar run out develop over on northern mini. There choice adds more west coast missing out the loch ness link and coming down from Inverness via Braemar.

Touching on* Culloden* Grantown-on-Spey* Tomintoul* The Lecht* Balmoral* Braemar* Glenshee* Pitlochry* House of Bruar.

This is a run they do every year with some minor tweaks. The photos from the 3 day run starting at Stirling look stunning. We are going to use the route as a basis for our own drive round Scotland in the V8.

Steve.

Hi Guys,

Read through the string, and yes the roads can be fabulous,( I also ride a KTM Adv in NW Sutherland) . When out in the cuds be on the lookout for deer, esp when travelling through treed areas, like after the Contin curves heading towards Ullapool. Hitting on of those feckers can ruin your entire day ! They blend in so well and jump out at 'the point of no return', in the dark if you see two red dots, it's not the return of the Jackal, it's a red deer at the road side. Enjoy, great weather can occur in May and again in Oct, watch out for the towerists spotting sheep and looking for 'eagles' perched on fence posts.

Mike

we need a date! I start a new job in three weeks , would like to go armed with "holidays already booked..." :thumbup:

27 - 30th August ;)

I'll have to wait til closer to the time to puy my name down for this. My mum will be visiting at some point in August and while she'd like the drive she wouldn't be keen on the camping :lol: Plus I already have my name down for a highland drive a few weeks before this and if it's the same route we'll be taking then I might choose not to do it again :)

Sounds good. Could we arrange to meet somewhere in inverness? (big tesco's just off the a9) cos i could join yous there and do the top loop. The roads are amazing as i drive them everyday as part of my job!! Mind you never done it in the fabia.

Sounds good. Could we arrange to meet somewhere in inverness? (big tesco's just off the a9) cos i could join yous there and do the top loop. The roads are amazing as i drive them everyday as part of my job!! Mind you never done it in the fabia.

was planing to stop off at tesco to get some supplies anyway so that wont be a prob if you want to join :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Heading up that way next month (April 15th) from the Northeast of England up to Durness about 2hour north of Ullapool on the coast for a long weekend. A jolly boys outing, four of us going for a long weekend. I have relatives up there so have got their static caravan for number of days, I wont be taking the Skoda (shame) going in my mates Company BMW... free go go juice......just need beer money now, strong pair of shoes, and a few morning sickness tables.....leaving the kilt at home thou. Will take some photos and upload them when the time comes........Will have a look around if you lads want for cheap accommodation etc etc ....just let me know

went up to inverness yesterday for a drive to see culloden battlefield.

made me remember this thread lol

i'm up for a drive but stretching it over 4 days is too much for me, its hard enough trying to get one day off a week.

went up to inverness yesterday for a drive to see culloden battlefield.

made me remember this thread lol

i'm up for a drive but stretching it over 4 days is too much for me, its hard enough trying to get one day off a week.

i was thinking 4days might be a bit much to so i might just make it 3days :yes:

Same here, 4 days would be enough for me not to come either.

Got a young family i'd rather not spend 4 days away from just for a drive, no offence :)