New Toy

Its arrived!

My Octavia II vRS FL in Race Blue has arrived at the dealers, all the PDI has been done I'm just waiting for the DVLA to process my private number plate moving from my current car to my new one. All been well I should have it early/middle of next week, I will post pictuers up when I get it and its not dark.

nice! petrol/diesel?

Went for the diesel in the end as the performance is meant to be very similar & I’ve gotten very use to my Fabia vRS been able to go very very far on one tank. :-)

Good choice - Diesel is the best for economy and performance is very similar to the petrol (wait's for Babs!) ;)

However,diesel cannot match the petrols more linear power delivery. Diesel only works out cheaper in the long run as well, and only if you do more that 10k a year.

In gear performance on the diesel is great, but tsi engine is not that different as it has enough torque to match the oil burner.

The problem I always found with diesel cars is the amount of turbo lag they have, and then when the power does arrive, it arrives all at once, and as you are recovering from the surge of power, it quickly runs out of puff. This is when a DSG on a diesel is essential.

Anyway, McScooby enjoy the new car, as I can't wait for mine to arrive too.

I like the strenght and sturcture of your argument and am now converted to petrol. emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Your choice of engine should only really be based on the mileage you intend doing. Ordering the CR diesel vRS was a no brainer for me as I cover 25- 30k a year, so should make a substantial saving over the 3-5 years I intend keeping the car. One month and 1800 miles into ownership and I'm already averaging 47 mpg, and I don't hang around :-) It's the best diesel I've driven so far for smoothness - there is no discernable turbo lag that I've noticed - the power's there instantly whenever you call for it, and is smooth throughout the rev range - there's no wait for the "kick in the back" which is a feature of some turbo diesels, particularly the TDCi Mondeo which I previously had, and it's a very enjoyable car to drive. Once it's warmed up it seems as smooth and quiet as a lot of petrol cars I've driven, just more torque.

However if I worked on my doorstep and only did less than 15k miles a year, I would have bought the petrol version....

Bob

--

However if I worked on my doorstep and only did less than 15k miles a year, I would have bought the petrol version....

Bob

--

Same as me, I'd down to about 25k mile a year but there's always the risk of that going up again, but at less than 20k a year I'd be considering petrol and at 15k it would be petrol...

341 miles on my CR VRs so far, can't wait til I can actually give it some proper welly :-)

Well I picked her up this afternoon and I'm well impressed with it so far, does feel very different to my Furby vRS though. :)

Already had a play with the MDF & putting some MP3 CD's in, just got to sort out my collection now!

Before anyone asks pictuers will be posted at the weekend as its to dark here now to take good pictuers, now wheres my route map to plan a good drive. :yes:

Well I picked her up this afternoon and I'm well impressed with it so far, does feel very different to my Furby vRS though. :)

Already had a play with the MDF & putting some MP3 CD's in, just got to sort out my collection now!

Before anyone asks pictuers will be posted at the weekend as its to dark here now to take good pictuers, now wheres my route map to plan a good drive. :yes:

Not another one who's been to B & Q :rofl:

Edited by Brimma

Been out having a play this morning and I'm very impressed with how much better than the Furby it is, I mean I knew it was going to be better but this much?!

I've also had a tweak with Vag-Com and I've been able to setup Cornering Fog Lights, CHL & LHL - I take these only work when its dark, it make sense but best to be sure.

I want to change the number of indicator flashes but I can't seem to find where to set them, checked the obvious like instruments but can't see them in there. Also can the alarm beeps be changed so that they are louder, I know the MFD can turn them on & off but not the level of the beep.

Pics to follow when its not so wet outside.

Cheers

Been for a run out this morning in the Peaks although given the conditions I just had to guess they where there!

Octavia's in the mist!

hpim2321.jpg

hpim2322.jpg

These where taken outside the Cat & Fiddle pub, a bit lower down the conditions where much better and had some fun getting to know my new car. :yes:

Edited by McScooby