Yeti Colour, Engine & Trim Survey

The Plumber

Colour of your Monster  

700 members have voted

1. 1. If you own a Monster what colour is he/she? (please owners only-thanks)

• Candy White
    • Corrida Red
    • Pacific Blue
    • Brilliant Silver
    • Storm Blue (withdrawn May 2011)
    • Aqua Blue
    • Cappucino
    • Steel (Platin) Grey
    • Anthracite Grey (withdrawn Sept 09)
    • Amazonian Green (withdrawn May 2011)
    • Muscovado (Mato)
    • Black Magic
    • Rosso Brunello
    • Tangerine Orange (from June 2010, withdrawn May 2011)
    • Terracotta Orange (from June 2011)
    • Lava Blue (from June 2011)
    • Malachite Green (from June 2011)
    • Safari Beige (from June 2011)
    • Orange Cayenne (Special Ed 2011)
  2. 2. your engine

• 1.2TSI
    • 1.8TSI 160 4x4
    • 2.0TDI 110
    • 2.0TDI 110 4x4
    • 2.0TDI 140 4x4
    • 2.0TDI 170 4x4
    • 1.2TSI DSG 7 Speed (from Feb 2010)
    • 140TDI 140 4x4 DSG 6 Speed (from June 2010)
    • 1.4TSI (from July 2010)
    • 1.6TDI GreenLine II (from Nov 2010)
    • 1.8TSI 152 4x4 (from April 2011)
    • 1.8TSI 152 4x4 DSG (From 2011, MY12)
  3. 3. and trim (This is a new question on request (23/01/10) and if you have already entered details for colour & engine and wish to contribute then please delete vote and re-submit thanks)

• E / Yeti
    • S / Active
    • SE / Ambition
    • Elegance / Experience
    • Champion Limited Ed (April 2010)
    • S / Active GreenLine II
    • SE / Ambition GreenLine II
    • Elegance / Experience GreenLine II
    • SE Plus/Family Edition
    • AllDrive Edition

Muscovado most popular colour! who'd of thought Brown would have been so popular and Silver the least (well metallic paint option in the UK)

I thought exactly the same! If I had bigger conka's I'd have ordered the brown and not the grey - it looks very nice indeed. I'd guess the reason for few going for the silver is that it doesnt contrast at all with the front and rear silver bumper insert bits, nor the silver roof rails if specified.

Interesting results so far

This poll suggests c.41% of respondents have gone for 2wd, while Skoda predicted IIRC 70%.

Is the SMOC unrepresentative of UK ownership do we think? Or are Skoda predictions wrong? Or possibly the 2WD options available are not attractive to the full range of potential owners?

To throw into the mix, I would have guessed the 110 tdi in 2wd would be a big seller, but it's not particularly. Perhaps some potential buyers went for the 1.2tsi which has such excellent reviews and is a fair bit cheaper

It is still early days yet and we are in the midst of a depression though the govermnet are at pains to say that it is over. I read somwhere that this car was targetted at the young upwardly mobile but on this forum at least that does not appear to be the case we have a more midde aged audience but I feel that that has changed recently a little. Of course all the youngetser might be out parra gliding off cliffs or scubba diving in the abis and are too caught up to be exchanging view on the ineternet. :rofl: My gues is that either proper surveys and market resurch where not done at all by SUK or done very poorly. Iether would not suprise me, they seem to me to be a complete shambles.

How about adding another field, "Age of Main Driver".

Under 20

20-30

30-40

40-50

50-60

over 60

tom

I think that might be a good idea except that who ticks what box is public and some may not want anyone knowing that they are 110 years old or only 5 :wonder:

How about adding another field, "Age of Main Driver".

Under 20

20-30

30-40

40-50

50-60

over 60

tom

I've got nothing to hide so I'll start the ball rolling; not a bad idea to build up a profile of the average Yeti driver. I am 34 and only chose a 1.2 TSI 2WD because I couldn't afford a 2.0 TDI 170 CR 4x4, it is just rather fortuitous that the 1.2 is a peach. Companies pay market research organisations a fortune for this sort of info. Maybe Briskoda can sell it on to VAGemoticon-0105-wink.gif .

Nothing to hide (or confess to) either, being a very young 48... Wanted a Yeti from the first time I saw the pictures of the concept SM. Went for the CR170 because I didn't want to be wanting more after the remapped Fabia vRS - and I haven't been left wanting!

Another point of interest would be how many peoples choice has been decided upon after visiting this forum - probably the best place to see different colours and learn more about experiences and other things like options. A good plug for Briskoda perhaps with SUK.

I would have guessed the 110 tdi in 2wd would be a big seller, but it's not particularly. Perhaps some potential buyers went for the 1.2tsi which has such excellent reviews and is a fair bit cheaper

I went for the 1.2, partly as a bit cheaper, but no DPF is a big plus.

Got a quote to change insurance over from a Pug 107 today - a whopping extra £16 until renewal (and £10 of that was admin charge !).

33 here.

Im trying to get one more sensible family car in before Im allowed my mid life crisis and go and buy a two seater. I went for the 1.8TSi as the engine is a gem with loads of tuning potential - I prefer the way it drives and I dont have to worry about DPF issues. From what Ive seen of them on test drives I'd say it will be the perfect family carry all with the security of the 4x4 for when things get damp or slippery.

I am VERY YOUNG acting 33 (going on 15). Love all things fresh and funky. I've always wanted a 1960s mustang or a big ford bronco!! I'm still trying to get my head around the fact that I'm buying a Skoda from years of jokes at school about the brand...My friends think I'm nuts but there's just something about this little chunky motor that appeals...

Neither do I! Just like the car. A lot.

LOL! Neither do we (yet!), but we need one practical car, and the Yeti is so much better/more interesting than a Golf/A3. It's not an MPV or a run of the mill estate car. I love the way it looks and drives. We've just got to wait another three weeks! :doh:

Aqua Blue - cos it is not silver! Elegance - cos it has all the bits. Sound system upgrade - cos with advancing years comes the creeping deafness! 170bhp oiler - cos i like a bit of poke at little cost of economy! Yeti - cos i got fed up being snowed in in mid-Wales, being above the snow-line! And because this car gives me performance, economy, and internal space for guitars, speakers, amps, change of clothing, sleeping bag, shoes, deodorant, toothbrush, and last weeks newspaper! Bring it on (ordered Friday at Sinclair Skoda - great people).

I wondered in a previous post if the SMOC was representative of the UK Yeti owning population given the distribution of ownership between 4wd and 2wd c60:40 against Skoda's predicted share IIRC of 70% 2wd (and of course Skoda's market research could be wrong too!).

Another slight surprise to me is the percentage of owners electing Elegance spec, as the SE at £2k less is virtually as well specced as an Octavia Elegance. I guess a factor is that Yeti Elegance is good value, and with the smaller engines in particular simply a lot of car and spec for the money. Nevertheless Elegance still requires a considerable outlay.

I think the higher spec models were launched first so it would be interesting to see if the profile changes over time, or whether SMOC members like to treat themselves!

I think that the elegance is good value if certain types of kit are wanted as they are collectively cheaper than up specking a lower specification car. The 17CR is not available in anything other than Elegance, this might change the tilt.

It has been my feeling that Skoda UK did not do a very good market research, a bit like some other things that they have done. I think that the balance of Yeti owners on this Forum at least, is older than what might have been predicted.

Edited by Anthony 1

It has been my feeling that Skoda UK did not do a very good market research, a bit like some other things that they have done. I think that the balance of Yeti owners on this Forum at least, is older than what might have been predicted.

Interestingly, a couple of the dealers I spoke to when looking at Yeti's said that it was bringing a younger demographic of interested people into the showroom than they had been traditionally used too.