Yeti Colour, Engine & Trim Survey

The Plumber

Colour of your Monster  

700 members have voted

1. 1. If you own a Monster what colour is he/she? (please owners only-thanks)

• Candy White
    • Corrida Red
    • Pacific Blue
    • Brilliant Silver
    • Storm Blue (withdrawn May 2011)
    • Aqua Blue
    • Cappucino
    • Steel (Platin) Grey
    • Anthracite Grey (withdrawn Sept 09)
    • Amazonian Green (withdrawn May 2011)
    • Muscovado (Mato)
    • Black Magic
    • Rosso Brunello
    • Tangerine Orange (from June 2010, withdrawn May 2011)
    • Terracotta Orange (from June 2011)
    • Lava Blue (from June 2011)
    • Malachite Green (from June 2011)
    • Safari Beige (from June 2011)
    • Orange Cayenne (Special Ed 2011)
  2. 2. your engine

• 1.2TSI
    • 1.8TSI 160 4x4
    • 2.0TDI 110
    • 2.0TDI 110 4x4
    • 2.0TDI 140 4x4
    • 2.0TDI 170 4x4
    • 1.2TSI DSG 7 Speed (from Feb 2010)
    • 140TDI 140 4x4 DSG 6 Speed (from June 2010)
    • 1.4TSI (from July 2010)
    • 1.6TDI GreenLine II (from Nov 2010)
    • 1.8TSI 152 4x4 (from April 2011)
    • 1.8TSI 152 4x4 DSG (From 2011, MY12)
  3. 3. and trim (This is a new question on request (23/01/10) and if you have already entered details for colour & engine and wish to contribute then please delete vote and re-submit thanks)

• E / Yeti
    • S / Active
    • SE / Ambition
    • Elegance / Experience
    • Champion Limited Ed (April 2010)
    • S / Active GreenLine II
    • SE / Ambition GreenLine II
    • Elegance / Experience GreenLine II
    • SE Plus/Family Edition
    • AllDrive Edition

Interestingly, a couple of the dealers I spoke to when looking at Yeti's said that it was bringing a younger demographic of interested people into the showroom than they had been traditionally used too.

Exactly my experience also. Everyone ive been to look at or test drive have had the 30 something parents and a couple of kids climbing all over the poor thing!

Exactly my experience also. Everyone ive been to look at or test drive have had the 30 something parents and a couple of kids climbing all over the poor thing!

38, two kids, 1.2tsi Yeti on order, first ever Skoda. How disappointing I fit straight into the demographic - and here I was thinking I was being different!

The dog's enough!!

dogs are as hard work than kids!!!

maybe we could do our first 'match making' service with retro gal and shrub - 2 Yeti's, 1 dog and 1 baby (tbc)! lol. x

Edited by Krooked

dogs are as hard work than kids!!!

maybe we could do our first 'match making' service with retro gal and shrub - 2 Yeti's, 1 dog and 1 baby (tbc)! lol. x

Woah, steady on there Krooked. I'll be well and truly pruned by Mrs Shrub if this carries onemoticon-0104-surprised.gif

Woah, steady on there Krooked. I'll be well and truly pruned by Mrs Shrub if this carries onemoticon-0104-surprised.gif

Tell me about it! I doubt my partner would be too chuffed either :no: Who'd have thought...Sign up for a Skoda forum and get set up on a date!!

Tell me about it! I doubt my partner would be too chuffed either :no: Who'd have thought...Sign up for a Skoda forum and get set up on a date!!

Just imagine having to find the guy (or gal) with the Yeti under the clock on Waterloo Station!

;)B):giggle: :wonder:

tom

• 4 weeks later...

Another thanks to all members who have contributed to the survey; currently standing at 113 entries. Just missing an 'E' trim and that very rare and elusive Anthracite fur coat otherwise all boxes are now ticked :)

As predicted by Skoda there's a strong showing for the 1.2TSI but close on her heels is the 140 4x4 :wonder: what effect the DSG introduction from WK22 / 2010 will have on these figures.

Also wonder how reflective our little survey is with Yeti production as a whole; surprised if they've not run of of a rather fetching shade of brown :giggle:

Regards,

TP

• 2 weeks later...

Who'd have thought a brown one with the smallest engine and the top spec would have been the most popular choices overall (even if not always together at the same time!)

That would probably be the spec I'd choose too, tbh.

Good money spinner for Skoda - metallic paint, home made engine and they make more money on top specced versions too! Think that proves VW should stop sticking their oar in and let Skoda do their own thing :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ordered mine 2 weeks ago , have been waiting for the DSG diesel box 4x4 Elegance , Candy White & because of no sunroof option have opted for the Gobi Btown interior which hopyfully will brighten up interior during the dark winter months.

Very satisfied Octavia owner at present ,but admit even at 60 years old must confess to some excitement at the prospect of owning a Yeti ! B)

Looks like it is decided!!

140 SE 4x4 in either Tangerine or White with:

off-road button

rough road pack

tow bar prep

full towing electrics

front & rear mud flaps

Am thinking about the 110 SE 4x4 Allams have offered, but am concerned about the drop of 30bhp and towing the caravan

Am thinking about the 110 SE 4x4 Allams have offered, but am concerned about the drop of 30bhp and towing the caravan

Plenty of people towed caravans with the old 1,9 TDI lump!!! So 110 is still plenty for that. You can always chip it - if one can these days with the DPF.

Just got mine on Saturday, 1.2 TSI Red - wanted the white one but my other half wouldn't agree. Red looks nice too...

Got a wave from another silver blue on Bramhall Lane - glad to see a Yeti on the road in my area (Stockport, Manchester).

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered mine yesterday so believe I am now entitled to vote.

I've gone for a 2.0L TDI CR140 4x4 Elegance with DSG in tangerine metallic and plus a few choice extras of; Spare wheel, 3 spoke steering wheel, 12 speaker sound system, heated windscreen, rough road pack, TPM

Hoping for delivery mid September onwards; can't wait.

You can always chip it - if one can these days with the DPF.

No problem at all there, even with the high output CR170 (although remap gets reigned in slightly to protect the DPF).

I'm certainly planning to get my CR140 remapped to about 175/180 bhp. Would have bought the CR170 and got that remapped but these days need an auto g'box.

Friday lunch time. All set to part company with my 1.6l petrol Meriva, and collect yet another Muscovado, 110 HP 2wd SE. Seems to have been a long wait since 15 April. Dear lady and myself getting quite excited now.

Friday lunch time. All set to part company with my 1.6l petrol Meriva, and collect yet another Muscovado, 110 HP 2wd SE. Seems to have been a long wait since 15 April. Dear lady and myself getting quite excited now.

.... but that's only 10 weeks. Pretty good going I'd suggest.