Fitting a Boost Gauge MK1 VRS

Hi does anyone know how to fit a boost gauge in a MK1 OCTAVIA VRS? Ive searched but not found anything for the octavia.Im not really bothered about the inside of the car its the fitting of the boost pipe under the bonnet that i need to know...many thanks.

Hi does anyone know how to fit a boost gauge in a MK1 OCTAVIA VRS? Ive searched but not found anything for the octavia.Im not really bothered about the inside of the car its the fitting of the boost pipe under the bonnet that i need to know...many thanks.

I bought a liquid gauge. No pipes. Just plugs into the diagnostics port. Does all sorts of other readings, plus g force, fault readings, throttle body reset etc. Quite pricey, but I'm well impressed.

Guest westallc

the liquid guage isnt the best if im honest should stick with aboost gauge on its own.

liguid guage good for the first few weeks but relies on to many things being perfect to get good readings...

the liquid guage isnt the best if im honest should stick with aboost gauge on its own.

liguid guage good for the first few weeks but relies on to many things being perfect to get good readings...

The liquid gauge uses the OEM pressure sensor which measures total pressure ie; static pressure + intake air velocity.

Taking a boost reading from the fuel pressure regulator will only give a static pressure reading, which will be less than total pressure.

I dont agree with your comments about the liquid gauge.... they display real time boost and peak boost levels at the same time, from the same sensor the engine ECU is using, which has got to be better than using a non-calibrated mech or electrical boost gauge.

And as for connecting into the FPR pipework......well that is simply wrong, wrong wrong :rofl:

:)

can anyone describe where and how you get power to the gauge, I like the idea or having a boost gauge but am not 100% sure on how to do it. I'm half tempted to pay someone to do it for me. Anyone on here fancy doing it?

use your head light switch on your right of the steering wheel under the air vent.......pull it out tilt it down and on your right end of the plug

the wires theres a brown one thats earth...go a long the same line of the wires to your left and the end one is live...the live will only work when you use your side or mine lights hope that helps

Guest westallc

The liquid gauge uses the OEM pressure sensor which measures total pressure ie; static pressure + intake air velocity.

Taking a boost reading from the fuel pressure regulator will only give a static pressure reading, which will be less than total pressure.

I dont agree with your comments about the liquid gauge.... they display real time boost and peak boost levels at the same time, from the same sensor the engine ECU is using, which has got to be better than using a non-calibrated mech or electrical boost gauge.

And as for connecting into the FPR pipework......well that is simply wrong, wrong wrong :rofl:

:)

okay fella but as i had this in the octy first and was using it real time i wasnt impressed witht the unit to small and a bit of a gimic if you ask me thats why i sold it after a couple of months..

weak maf = strange readings

Edited by westallc

I'm a little bit more interested in the "wrong, wrong" part :D. I know a LOT of people who have it hooked up this way...all of them wrong?

Yeah there's nothing wrong with tapping off the FPR line. No issues arise from doing this.

You can't beat the instantaneous accuracy of a mechanical pressure guage.

• 5 months later...

hi guys im new on here can any 1 help me ive jus fited a boost gauge to my skoda octavia vrs everything is all connected but all it does is light up so something is wrong plz can sum1 help me

hi guys im new on here can any 1 help me ive jus fited a boost gauge to my skoda octavia vrs everything is all connected but all it does is light up so something is wrong plz can sum1 help me

Can you give more details? Pics of how you plumbed it in?

Cheers.

Can you give more details? Pics of how you plumbed it in?

Cheers.

well i cnt give u pics at the mo because im at work lol but i cnt work it out i found info on how to fit from this website and i followed ur pictures aswell well my dad fited it 4 me its lighting up but it wont move

well i cnt give u pics at the mo because im at work lol but i cnt work it out i found info on how to fit from this website and i followed ur pictures aswell well my dad fited it 4 me its lighting up but it wont move

ive fited it the way u have done ur the t piece is connected on t to the fuel pressure regulator. and the is all connected to the ignition so wen u turn ignitio on the gauge comes on its really doing my head in

Was it working before? Could just be a bad join to the sensor, or a wire not joined some gauges have one wire for the light and another for the gauge it's self