Trading my Fab for an Octy, options advice.

Hi people.

Im currently running through my head the chance to upgrade my 07 Fabia VRS for a brand new Octy VRS TDi Hatch.

My first dilema is colour. Do I have the balls to get White or do I opt for Blue?

Also what options are a must? Maxidot, Xenons.........

I prefer the look of the standard seats over the leather too.

Opinions please

Go for white like me - I had a black mk1 which looked great but fancied a change and the demo I tried was white - got the wheels painted satin black before pick-up and it looks awesome - get loads of positive comments and people often give it a double take on the road - go on, you know it makes sense !

I really like it in White...but I'm not that brave. I think blue is a safe option, plus looks great.

I think Maxidot for the money is one to add to the list, as is a spare wheel (£50=no brainer).

I had the dilemma of whether to go for leather seats or Xenons - I chose the leather and for me, I'm now 100% sure that was the right choice (or will be when I get the car!). If you liked the leather interior, then I'd say go for the leather over Xenons because at the end of the day, you use the seats every time you get in the car whereas you only use the Xenons at night. Main thing about the leather for me, was the standard seats look difficult to keep clean/looking smart....plus the leather looks awesome IMO.

I have the same dilema(s), need a bigger car so the Furby is going, decided that petrol estate is right for me as I do very little annual mileage, also I'm going DSG.

Colour Anthracite looks good, was going white or red, but after seeing this: Anthracite vRS

As for other options, curtain airbags, F&R parking sensors, Full size spare wheel, Sunset glass, Auto dimming rear view mirror etc.

Maxidot is standard on vRS with DSG

D.

Must haves

Auto dimming rear view mirror / light assistant (optics of the standard mirror are dire and it looks a bit rubbish, just stuck on the screen)

Maxidot (less vital than before the facelift, but I'd still get it)

Rear parking sensors (not too expensive and so useful)

Spare wheel

Nice to haves

Xenons

Leather + heated

Curtain air bags (safety + fabric trim on A-pillars looks posher than plastic)

Thanks for the quick replies!

For me then it looks like

Xenons - as im not spending the cash on leather

Maxidot

Spare <----Full size steel or 5th alloy?

Heated Seats

Rear Parking Sensors

Auto Dim/Light assist

How did you get your wheels painted athracite? I fancy being different and Having mine white..... How much did it cost?

Thanks for the quick replies!

For me then it looks like

Maxidot

Spare <----Full size steel or 5th alloy?

Heated Seats

Rear Parking Sensors

Auto Dim/Light assist

How did you get your wheels painted athracite? I fancy being different and Having mine white..... How much did it cost?

I did the same by moving up from the Fabia VRS. I went for race blue and am really pleased with it, but the pictures of the red vrs on here look good. Try and find an octavia in the colour you want so that you can check you like it in real life.

Other option I would consider are sunset privacy glass, variable boot floor and silver roof rails.

The dealer option spare is a steel.

Options I went for:

1) Rear parking sensors - don't know how I did without these before

2) Full size spare - peace of mind but have already used mine (got puncture at 800 miles !)

3) Tow-bar prep - haven't fitted actual tow-bar yet but hopefully will help with electrics link

4) Auto lights/wipers & auto dim mirror - for the money good value

5) Maxi-dot - useful toy and can tune car to your needs

6) MDI - can control my iPod from the Bolero radio touch screen - probably never use a CD again !

Maxidot

full size spare

Heated Seats

Rear Parking Sensors

Auto Dim/Light assist

**MDI + Ipod cable** <------ My final list :-)

Edited by bazwaterboy

go for blue, or red or silver or black or yellow....................but not white.

At this reate white will be the new blue :(

Anthracite, wish I had gone for that... Although I'm happy with my blue one (or will be again when I fix the s*dding bumper)

Ordering my car last Sept, when choosing the colour the dealer said white had become the most popular choice recently. Personally, I think it's the last colour I'd choose but each to their own :)