Change from Mk1 vRS to new facelift TDI vRS

JUST ORDED NEW SKODA HATCHBACK 2.0 TDI CR VRS .. ( TRADING IN MY 04 BLACK VRS)

METALLIC SILVER

AUTO DIMMING MIRROR AND LIGHT ASSISTANT.

MAXIDOT.

REAR PARKING SENSORS.

SPARE WHEEL

£17,600.00

THE THING IS THE DEALER (D.M.KEITH)DID NOT HAVE ONE IN TO TEST DRIVE! SO I HAVE TOOK A GAMBLE AND BOUGHT IT.

GOOD OR BAD MOVE?

THE THING IS THE DEALER (D.M.KEITH)DID NOT HAVE ONE IN TO TEST DRIVE! SO I HAVE TOOK A GAMBLE AND BOUGHT IT.

GOOD OR BAD MOVE?

Too late really, but I am sure you will love it. You will have to get used to the diesel, but with the CR that isn't too hard.

JUST ORDED NEW SKODA HATCHBACK 2.0 TDI CR VRS .. ( TRADING IN MY 04 BLACK VRS)

METALLIC SILVER

AUTO DIMMING MIRROR AND LIGHT ASSISTANT.

MAXIDOT.

REAR PARKING SENSORS.

SPARE WHEEL

£17,600.00

GOOD OR BAD MOVE?

CapsLock.jpg

lol

it will take some getting used to driving a diesel after having the petrol. totally different way of driving

My gut reaction answer would be that you should always try a car on for size before you buy it....... however i picked up a petrol fl vrs the end of last week, and had, until i picked mine up not even seen an FL in the flesh. Did drive a mk2 a long time back when they first came out mind you. I too had a mk1 vrs moved from that to a lexus 220d and liked the way it drove, it may not have been the fastest but mountains of torque i think it was 400nm!!! was worried coming from that to a petrol that i wouldnt be able to do without the torque, but havent missed ut at all. i know your going from 1.8 t petrol to 2.0 diesel but to be honest i dont think its a problem, never driven a CR VRS but the engine is very well rated, and the rest of the car just does everythin much better than the mk1. Now i have mine i would say you will have no problem at all, and will love it.

As a thought a bit sneaky i know but why not find a CR VRS for sale on autotrader (at a deelers not private so you dont waste some poor sods time) and go test drive it. even if you have paid the deposit you can still get it back....although i am sure you wont want too

I've just changed my black mk1 vRS for a white fl Vrs (petrol) - I had the same concerns as I loved my mk1, had it over 5yrs from new - have to say though that my new car is much better in every respect and feels way quicker - the old car sounded a bit strained at high revs while the new one just screams round to the red line. Only negative would be that I think the original mk1 looked lower and meaner (especially in black magic paint) but I put black wheels on my new one to make it stand out a bit more. In summary, you will love the new car and you've picked the best options as well.

I've got a FL Octy vRS at the mo which is a petrol and must admit it's a flier but it doesn't have the same wave of torque of a diesel. The fuel gauge has jumped off a cliff too ! GOOD IDEA in my book - you won't notice the difference in performance and you'll love the extra £ in your wallet.

I've got a FL Octy vRS at the mo which is a petrol and must admit it's a flier but it doesn't have the same wave of torque of a diesel. The fuel gauge has jumped off a cliff too ! GOOD IDEA in my book - you won't notice the difference in performance and you'll love the extra £ in your wallet.

Thanks for your reply, Saving money on running cost etc was the main reason for a TDI.

The facelift model i think looks mint.Two young kids in the back as well now ,so it was a time to slow down!

cheers Jimmy.

I've just changed my black mk1 vRS for a white fl Vrs (petrol) - I had the same concerns as I loved my mk1, had it over 5yrs from new - have to say though that my new car is much better in every respect and feels way quicker - the old car sounded a bit strained at high revs while the new one just screams round to the red line. Only negative would be that I think the original mk1 looked lower and meaner (especially in black magic paint) but I put black wheels on my new one to make it stand out a bit more. In summary, you will love the new car and you've picked the best options as well.

My gut reaction answer would be that you should always try a car on for size before you buy it....... however i picked up a petrol fl vrs the end of last week, and had, until i picked mine up not even seen an FL in the flesh. Did drive a mk2 a long time back when they first came out mind you. I too had a mk1 vrs moved from that to a lexus 220d and liked the way it drove, it may not have been the fastest but mountains of torque i think it was 400nm!!! was worried coming from that to a petrol that i wouldnt be able to do without the torque, but havent missed ut at all. i know your going from 1.8 t petrol to 2.0 diesel but to be honest i dont think its a problem, never driven a CR VRS but the engine is very well rated, and the rest of the car just does everythin much better than the mk1. Now i have mine i would say you will have no problem at all, and will love it.

As a thought a bit sneaky i know but why not find a CR VRS for sale on autotrader (at a deelers not private so you dont waste some poor sods time) and go test drive it. even if you have paid the deposit you can still get it back....although i am sure you wont want too

Thank you for your reply,I had seen the new face lift model,but it was ready for a delivery for some lucky owner,so no chance for a test drive.

I also wanted to get the deal done as to take advantage of the skoda offer to pay your v.a.t . before the end of Jan.+ 2 years 0 %.

I went from a VRS Mk I 05 to a VRS LE CR 2.0 170 Diesel.

Loving the change TBH. The old car was brilliant, loved it but guzzled £1 a litre gogo juice like it was in a desert.

Great MPG, excellent 3rd and 4th performance I feel improved on the 1.8T VRS I had.

Not as zippy off the mark as the 1.8T dut I love it. A sensible performance car I feel.

:thumbup: