Speeding up Bolero SD, possible solution

Been keeping a eye on this thread for some time and after john999boy demostration of his SD card at Chatsworth I was supprised on how quick its was. After the latest release version 7 I decided to give it a try.

Well IMPRESSED certainly speeds my 8GB sd card by 50% I would say BIG thanks to DanishViking for share and putting the time in.

For reference I have a several folders on the SD card one with 5 Albums in and looks like it plays every folder and track ........ie no apparent limit on track or folder quanity :thumbup:

Well, I got my new car with Bolero and sound system ...

The firmware of the Bolero must have been updated:

... now it reads deeper than 8 levels :thumbdown:

... it doesn't recognize playlists (*.m3u) :thumbdown:

... it's only slow when reading the card initially, and not when changing songs :thumbup:

... apparently it has some limitations regarding number of folders or songs. My full 32 GB is only partially recognized :thumbdown:

Retrofit MDI here we come... As no doubt, the Skoda dealer will helpfully update the Bolero to the latest firmware for me, thereby ruining the playlist method... Might have to put it in writing that I don't want them to do so when the car goes in for it's service

Edited by Raglits

I'm so glad that I bought the 2nd Ipod. I don't have any problems whatsoever.

2,600 tracks of pure 192kbps bliss, with full unadulterated shuffling too.

So it cost me around £275 for a 64Gb Ipod Touch, but I don't care, I've got what I wanted & should have had with a SD card, but Skoda's inept chimps can't provide.

I'm so glad that I bought the 2nd Ipod. I don't have any problems whatsoever.

2,600 tracks of pure 192kbps bliss,

192Kbps is anything but bliss.

Go for 320Kbps.. emoticon-0148-yes.gif

• 1 month later...

I understand your confusion. Now It should be OK. Link the same as before, and in the zip file a small txt-document shows the version ...

Download from http://www.lfsv.dk/diverse/setup.zip

Superb little program

Thanks a lot DanishViking.

I've got an 8gb Sandisk SD card that holds enough music for me.

I was experiencing 30 sec delay now down to 2-3 seconds.

Thanks again

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

The Bolero firmware is now FIXED and available for updating!

I went down to the Rainworth Open Day last week to primarily test drive the Fabia vRS but as I was there I mentioned about the Bolero problem. A quick hook up to the Skoda diagnostics and a very slow (45 minutes?) update to the Bolero and I'm please to report that the firmware update means that playlists are no longer needed.

To check it, I put all the albums in the root dir after removing the playlists that were already there and from freshly inserting the card it took about 15 seconds to read a nearly full 16gb card. Moving between albums seemed virtually instantaneous and I seem to think that the display opening/closing has changed too - now it moves from an imaginary centre horizontal outwards/inwards.

I bet the mix function still doesn't work as it should... emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Fancy me forgetting to check what I should have known my favourite mixmeister would ask!

So, just for you I've now checked it and you'll be glad to know that - it still doesn't work as you want it to. :S

However, on the plus side, that does mean that you can continue to moan about Skoda not getting it right - after all, where would we be without you and your mixed up SD card Warren? :smirk:

Fancy me forgetting to check what I should have known my favourite mixmeister would ask!

So, just for you I've now checked it and you'll be glad to know that - it still doesn't work as you want it to. :S

However, on the plus side, that does mean that you can continue to moan about Skoda not getting it right - after all, where would we be without you and your mixed up SD card Warren? :smirk:

It doesn't bother me now, remember I gave up on it and took the sensible route... Ipod & MDI, so I now get my cake & eat it!!!

I'll just stick to a mix playlist... If the album changing works as well as John states then I'll be happy(ish)... Must remember to tell the dealer to upgrade the firmware when it goes in for it's service in a few weeks...

Steve ( who eats and drinks what he likes and is still a skinny barsteward)

No doubt someone will suss out a cd update eventually but mine had to be done online as that's the only way to check what version you've already got.

I still can't get to the advanced menu that some of the newer Bolero owners seem able to.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm a newbie so forgive me

I have run DV excellent program, the problem I have is that the Bolero see the playlists but when I click on them it says wait then just show playlist name nothing inside. I presume it should list the tracks within that playlist it doesn't.

If I leave it to play the root mp3 file when finished it will play the 1st album at level 9 AC/DC .

I can view the playlists within DV program & play them on the pc.

Please help you wouldn't believe the time I have spent on this, or perhaps you would!

Martin (Superb Estate )

After reading this thread I popped down to my local dealer.

Firmware was checked, if I remember right I had 053 but it said the latest was 054. Updated in about 1/2 hour and I can now say I have a very quick Bolero.

It takes just a second to do anything now.

I asked if this kind of thing would normally be performed/checked on a service and the reply was not really, we would only perform the task under a customer complaint or automatically if further customers complained.

All good and very happy :)

Hi I'm a newbie so forgive me

I have run DV excellent program, the problem I have is that the Bolero see the playlists but when I click on them it says wait then just show playlist name nothing inside. I presume it should list the tracks within that playlist it doesn't.

If I leave it to play the root mp3 file when finished it will play the 1st album at level 9 AC/DC .

I can view the playlists within DV program & play them on the pc.

Please help you wouldn't believe the time I have spent on this, or perhaps you would!

Martin (Superb Estate )

Start again with [just] all the album folders in the root. Wait for DVs program to work and then add the lone mp3 to the root.

Start again with [just] all the album folders in the root. Wait for DVs program to work and then add the lone mp3 to the root.

Hi Thanks for the reply

I have discovered that it's not seeing all of my 32gb card. This perhaps is why the playlists are not working.

Martin