Sedbergh Meet

chrisw880

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys but if this meet is a 'tear arsing about' drive I might give this one a miss - not wanting to sound like a wimp or a wet blanket, but I stick to speed limits etc due to my job requiring I keep my license clean (lots of driving you see!), and if I'm gonna be up the back 10 miles behind everyone else, it would be a bit pointless lol! :)

If not - I'll still be there!!! :thumbup:

Nah we'll be driving sensible, I don't exceed speed limits on my routes so I'm sure Chris we be the same. If need be I'll stay with you for a more sedate drive.

Thanks! - I like a good blast around like the next person, but I keep it legal lol - my boss makes Hitler look like a boy scout with anyone and points / speeding fines etc, comes from employing a good few nutters in white vans in the past I think tee hee! :giggle:

Oh yes - I know a good few of those roads - remember kamikaze sheep at one section lol! And Tan Hill have a pet sheep which likes to barge people out of the road when you're in the bar - proves you aren't safe anywhere tee hee!!

:giggle:

I am very tempted to come to this meet, even though Sedbergh is the other side of the country for me. Looking at the route it combines the three main sites of the Yorkshire dales I want to visit, Tan Hill, the Buttertubs Pass and the Ribblehead Viaduct. The 4th one is Wensleydale factory in Hawes, although we will pass though it, but probably will not have time to stop. It doesn't matter as I can go there another time.

Chris, looking at the route, you do know there is a quicker way to Kirkby Stephen, or are we going the "Scenic Way" to it?

I will confirm if I'm going nearer the time as knowing me I'll be working. However I need to find some first! :o It's going to be even harder now since Corus closed on Friday. :(

Go on Jim H u know u wanna come

I will probably come along.

I'm not sure which way to go, either drive to Darlo, scotch corner, then A66 then down to Sedbergh. OR A19 to Northalerton then across on the A684. According to Multimap or Google maps it will take about the same time (approx 2h) to get to Sedbergh.

Meet me and A_Duncan at Scotch Corner .

Even better idea . . . stop off for a bit brekky here . . . http://www.mainsgillfarm.co.uk/index.html , me andScott been here before and the foods spot on :p

By the way , is anyone taking their other halfs ??? mine is wanting to come along but doesnt wanna be the only one there lol :giggle:

Edited by smog monster