Useful iphone apps.

Neo_VR

• 3 months later...
Flight Radar 24. A clever app this one. Basically, it shows you what aircraft are in the sky at any time. Select an aircraft by touching the icon and it will give you the details of it.

If you pay a couple of quid for the pro version, it will show you the route the aircraft is taking. Also, if you see an aircraft in the sky, you can point your phone at it and it will provide you with its details.

Hours of endless fun if you're an anorak ;-)

And it's slightly alarming to get a couple of emergency squawks every day!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

These are all android apps, but sure they're all available for the Iphone. <br /><br />Mileage tracker for business miles, uses gps and has a reasonable address lookup. <br /><br />Copilot live, same as Tom Tom, only its not made by Tom Tom which for some might be important. <br /><br />Strava, though I tend to use my Garmin edge to track rides and walks. <br /><br />Several shopping apps; ebay, amazon etc; several airline apps, the ba one us simple and effective. <br /><br />On Track and carbs and cals for my son's diabetes, tracks his BG levels. <br /><br />What's App for organising pub visits and general bloke banter *******s. <br /><br />Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br /><br />

• 1 month later...

I found a free app called color effects

It enables me to change colour in photos so I've had a little play

dd7438a4d1f412388b760f9ef94536a6_zpse2083fc5.jpg

019fc43fc206e4eb9046a232cd788b44_zps42f787b8.jpg

2d6c61f9ae40d30a09e265cd776a1fb4_zpsc3d98f7f.jpg

f3f21a92d655e494e3f4ea56e6d46fce_zps2aae1f5c.jpg

bdbec1530c19463297f6f5976efc8e6f_zps8ffdcb64.jpg

a1e92f17b49f44771206e8c3d57d2e7c_zpsd502db44.jpg

92448506f9a94d4ca931595574fcca92_zpsbd29c2e7.jpg

dd95eb7ebfeab01e83979fcc11a10089_zpsb2565e7b.jpg

For a free app I think it is pretty good, although admittedly you can't change the orientation of the pics

• 1 month later...

I really like Waze, especially for motorway driving.

It's basically a phone sat nav where users alert other users of traffic issues on the road so that you can plan to avoid them.

Their isn't a big enough userbase yet to avoid local traffic issues but for longer distance motorway jaunts it's ideal.

I also like AutoGuard, it's turns your phone into a dash cam so that if you're involved in an accident you can just press a button (or have it automatically detect the shock of the impact) to save the previous 2-15 minutes of driving for insurance/evidence.

It seems to be a good idea though I hope I never need to call upon the footage,

I also like AutoGuard, it's turns your phone into a dash cam so that if you're involved in an accident you can just press a button (or have it automatically detect the shock of the impact) to save the previous 2-15 minutes of driving for insurance/evidence.

It seems to be a good idea though I hope I never need to call upon the footage,

Sounds great, but it doesn't appear to be an iPhone app as per the title!!!!

A TapaTalk enabled phone was used to write this...

Sounds great, but it doesn't appear to be an iPhone app as per the title!!!!

A TapaTalk enabled phone was used to write this...

My bad, I missed that. I use an Android phone. I'm sure there is an equivalent.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Soundhound is a good one. You hold your phone up to the speaker in a restaurant or public place for example and it will tell you the song and give you a link to iTunes.

Flashlight is also good for dark places and can be used for an SOS signal!