FL Vrs, eibach and koni, before and after pics

rob_e

Eibachs and Koni FSD now fitted by my (5 day old!) Vrs. Looks great, sits just right, ride is better than stock. Very happy.

:thumbup:

before:

dscf0018w.jpg

after:

dscf0019ai.jpg

If anyone's interested, i'm now selling the stuff i took off - ie 4 x virtually new stock vrs springs and 4 x virtually new dampers. They have done only 400 miles ;)

Here's the link:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/152619-2010-octavia-vrs-full-suspension-only-400-miles/

:)

these are the ones from the skoda accessories catalogue.

So you could dealer-order them from new? In that case then I'm pretty sure the car would not actually be modified for insurance purposes, just fitted with a manufacturer approved option, which you would have to declare of course.

Very interesting.

"[Eibachs and Koni FSD now fitted by my (5 day old!) Vrs. Looks great, sits just right, ride is better than stock. Very happy.

:thumbup: "

Rob_e - Looks good. I'd be interested to know what the ride comfort is like. I think my (std) one is too high but the ride over small bumps is already somewhat jarring and wouldn't think lower would make it any better. Do the Koni FSDs iron out the smaller bumps as I' d be sorely tempted if they do (otherwise I'll be looking for some 17ins. Cheers.

"[Eibachs and Koni FSD now fitted by my (5 day old!) Vrs. Looks great, sits just right, ride is better than stock. Very happy.

:thumbup: "

Rob_e - Looks good. I'd be interested to know what the ride comfort is like. I think my (std) one is too high but the ride over small bumps is already somewhat jarring and wouldn't think lower would make it any better. Do the Koni FSDs iron out the smaller bumps as I' d be sorely tempted if they do (otherwise I'll be looking for some 17ins. Cheers.

I find the new set up to be more "compliant" that stock, less shocks transmitted into the cabin, rides better over small bumps and some potholes. The std setup IMO is a little too hard / harsh - the koni/eibach combination seems to be a little softer hence ride comfort is improved.

I find the new set up to be more "compliant" that stock, less shocks transmitted into the cabin, rides better over small bumps and some potholes. The std setup IMO is a little too hard / harsh - the koni/eibach combination seems to be a little softer hence ride comfort is improved.

Many Thanks just what I wanted to hear - although maybe my wallet will disagree.

Interesting comment that the 'before' photo doesn't look as high as stock fl vRS - one of the reasons I chose candy white was that the car appeared to sit lower than with other colours - if you look at race blue cars for example the ridge on the wheel arch appears darker than the rest of the body and this can give the illusion that the wheel to body gap is greater ! However, would also say this tends to look more pronounced in photos rather than in the flesh.

Blimey, I thought white was for chavs but that actually looks pretty cool with the dark wheels :thumbup:

How much did they charge? How much was the suspension?

TIA!

ps it's far too clean in the second shot ;)