20 mph speed warning

59 reg Octafvia Elegance - went to re-set memory 2 on the drive into work this am and now the car just beeps and me and flashes '20' when I do more than 20 mph - how do I turn it off ?

Turn the speed warning off on the trip computer... Scroll through the display til you get to it and then change it to a speed you're not likely to exceed or just blank it so it never goes off

my dealer set mine at 100mph as a joke :giggle: if you cannot get it to work its in the owner manual

Mine's set to 90 and goes off on a regular basis if I don't use the cruise control, this car builds speed so easily....

Mine's set to 90 and goes off on a regular basis if I don't use the cruise control, this car builds speed so easily....

too true I thought my fabia was bad but the Octi just surprises me at times though I've not set mine off yet......................and of course I never will unless on a private test track :p

Warning against excessive speeds

This function enables you to set a speed limit, e.g. if you drive in town. A text in the display is intended to draw your attention to the fact that you have exceeded the set speed limit.

• Select the menu point Speed warning --- km/h (warning at --- km/h).

• Drive e.g at a speed of 50 km/h.

• Press the button -B- on the windshield wiper lever » Fig.26 or the handwheel -D- on the multifunction steering wheel* » Fig.23. Speed warning 50 km/h (warning at 50 km/h) is displayed in the information display* » Fig.25.

The desired speed can also be set in steps of 5 km/h by pressing the button -A- on the windshield wiper lever » Fig.26 or by turning the handwheel -D- on the multifunction steering wheel* » Fig.23. The set speed is confirmed by pressing the button -B- on the windshield wiper lever » Fig.26 or the handwheel -D- on the multifunction steering wheel* » Fig.23.

If you now exceed the set speed limit, Speed 50 km/h exceeded will be shown on the display. This message is indicated for as long as the speed is reduced below the set limit or switch off the message by pressing the button -B- on the windshield wiper lever » Fig.26 or the handwheel -D- on the multifunction steering wheel* » Fig.23.

An audible signal sounds as an additional warning signal.

The set speed limit remains stored even after switching off the ignition.

You can set it when at a standstill.emoticon-0144-nod.gif

my dealer set mine at 100mph as a joke :giggle:

What's the joke? I had mine in the GTI set to 100mph.. first thing i did in the octy was to set the car up the same (autolocking doors etc) and the warning the same. :wonder:

Its very useful - car goes bong - wife wakes up - "are you speeding?" no dear, its just low fuel/ frost warning/ cd ejecting etc.. lol

:p

Warning against excessive speeds

This function enables you to set a speed limit, e.g. if you drive in town. A text in the display is intended to draw your attention to the fact that you have exceeded the set speed limit.

• Select the menu point Speed warning --- km/h (warning at --- km/h).

• Drive e.g at a speed of 50 km/h.

• Press the button -B- on the windshield wiper lever » Fig.26 or the handwheel -D- on the multifunction steering wheel* » Fig.23. Speed warning 50 km/h (warning at 50 km/h) is displayed in the information display* » Fig.25.

The desired speed can also be set in steps of 5 km/h by pressing the button -A- on the windshield wiper lever » Fig.26 or by turning the handwheel -D- on the multifunction steering wheel* » Fig.23. The set speed is confirmed by pressing the button -B- on the windshield wiper lever » Fig.26 or the handwheel -D- on the multifunction steering wheel* » Fig.23.

If you now exceed the set speed limit, Speed 50 km/h exceeded will be shown on the display. This message is indicated for as long as the speed is reduced below the set limit or switch off the message by pressing the button -B- on the windshield wiper lever » Fig.26 or the handwheel -D- on the multifunction steering wheel* » Fig.23.

An audible signal sounds as an additional warning signal.

The set speed limit remains stored even after switching off the ignition.

You can set it when at a standstill.emoticon-0144-nod.gif

See, my manual says the same thing, which is utterly uhelpful, because the directions on getting to menu point B just don't do anything. Worked it out eventually, but the manual was precious little help

Edited by gwm97e

See, my manual says the same thing, which is utterly uhelpful, because the directions on getting to menu point B just don't do anything. Worked it out eventually, but the manual was precious little help

I set mine ok by reading the manual ?? :yes: