Exciting new options for the Yeti!

RapidRonnie

Announced at the Geneva motorshow:

- 1.4TSI 122BHP

- 2.0 TDI-CR 4x4 DSG 140BHP

- New sports seats option

- New colour (tangerine)

- DVD player (screens in rear of front seats)

- Heated windscreen

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- 1.4TSI 122BHP

- New colour (tangerine)

- Heated windscreen

The heated windscreen would have been worth waiting for and, I'm sure, many people will be happy that the 1.4 TSI will be available and that DSG will be on the 140 diesel.

Shall I go for a part-ex now or wait five years?

Edited by Terfyn

- 1.4TSI 122BHP

- New colour (tangerine)

- Heated windscreen

Has anyone seen Skoda's tangerine colour in the raw? I love the burnt metallic orangey colour that some vehicles are in nowadays...Wonder if it's the same or if it's a true/bright orange?

Has anyone seen Skoda's tangerine colour in the raw? I love the burnt metallic orangey colour that some vehicles are in nowadays...Wonder if it's the same or if it's a true/bright orange?

I'd guess it would be the same as the Fabia Orange?

Think personally I would have passed on these options, heated screen would have been nice but the amount of damage I'm getting to the screen, a new one might be imminent.

The tangerine might have gone down well with my good lady, she likes bizarre colours :giggle:

TP

The tangerine might have gone down well with my good lady, she likes bizarre colours :giggle:

TP

Hi TP,

Sounds like she has good tatse to me! B)

We had a "Tango" Honda CRV back in the mid 90's - a real eye catcher! and still around in the Malvern area going strong and looking good... We would have gone for the gorgeous burnt orange like the Fabia if it had been available for the Yeti BUT we picked up the Cappucinno yesterday and we're over the moon with it! :rofl:

(Drove out to Upton on Severn, Malvern and over Bromyard Downs where we took some photos- but can't find the lead to connect to the laptop :doh: so going out today to buy a new one-lead that is! and then will have a go at editing out the number plate...apart from the 10... and posting some photos for all to see !

Chow for now

Lady P

Having owned two cars with heated front screens , I can honestly say that I do not ever want another one. They are a pain in the neck at night, making viability difficult and even dangerous on a dark rain swept night. As soon an approaching cars headlamps comes into view, viability becomes distorted and blurred just when one needs it to be at the best. It might be OK in the city on well-lit streets but in he country on dark unlit lanes, they are an accident waiting to happen. If one became cracked, I would not replace it with like but choose a plain replacement instead.

Having owned two cars with heated front screens , I can honestly say that I do not ever want another one. They are a pain in the neck at night, making viability difficult and even dangerous on a dark rain swept night. As soon an approaching cars headlamps comes into view, viability becomes distorted and blurred just when one needs it to be at the best. It might be OK in the city on well-lit streets but in he country on dark unlit lanes, they are an accident waiting to happen. If one became cracked, I would not replace it with like but choose a plain replacement instead.

Wow - its the one thing I'd specify every time!

Every Ford (bar the very first one) Ive owned has had it and it means I can drive off safely within 40 seconds of starting it on a cold and frosty morning. Personally Ive never noticed the thin wire elements unless I shorten my vision to the actual windscreen.

I think the Skoda system is different:

"The Yeti’s new heated windscreen is a guarantee of quick and perfect visibility, particularly in winter months, by spot heating the area directly behind where the wipers sit."

From home I can clear all windows of any of my cars in seconds, care of a 2 gallon watering can full of tepid warm water. I would never use hot and even cold will do the trick usually. I have never had a problem with this cheap accessory, it works every time. Why pay extra for a heated screen that will only be used occasionally . When driving I have never experienced a frosted screen and so I can not see a benefit

The problem with the heated screens is not seeing the thin wires but the light scatter that they produce. This is not normally a problem in the daylight hours but it is dangerous at night-time. I know from conversations on other forums that this is quite a common observation. As I have said, in the city this might not be problematical because of well-lit roads but in the country on dark roads it is a major safety problem. This effect is amplified in the rain. My wife hates them also. On some occasions visibility has been so degraded that it has been necessary to stop because the road just disappears in the black, parked cars and obstructions become diffused shadows and all that could be seen was the hazy stared images of headlamps. I have experienced this with Ford and Jaguar. The later is a Ford system any way. From what I have read on other forum, Ford have the patent and other companies pay them royalties to use them but don't quote me on that I have not looked into it but as far as I know all these systems use heating elements.

From home I can clear all windows of any of my cars in seconds, care of a 2 gallon watering can full of tepid warm water. I would never use hot and even cold will do the trick usually. I have never had a problem with this cheap accessory, it works every time. Why pay extra for a heated screen that will only be used occasionally . When driving I have never experienced a frosted screen and so I can not see a benefit

The problem with the heated screens is not seeing the thin wires but the light scatter that they produce. This is not normally a problem in the daylight hours but it is dangerous at night-time. I know from conversations on other forums that this is quite a common observation. As I have said, in the city this might not be problematical because of well-lit roads but in the country on dark roads it is a major safety problem. This effect is amplified in the rain. My wife hates them also. On some occasions visibility has been so degraded that it has been necessary to stop because the road just disappears in the black, parked cars and obstructions become diffused shadows and all that could be seen was the hazy stared images of headlamps. I have experienced this with Ford and Jaguar. The later is a Ford system any way. From what I have read on other forum, Ford have the patent and other companies pay them royalties to use them but don't quote me on that I have not looked into it but as far as I know all these systems use heating elements.

Maybe its down to the person and their vision to a degree then as after 12 + years of driving behind a heated front screen (sometimes in awful weather conditions), its never caused me any issue at all. :no:

As far as I know the system used by Audi and VW , so Skoda as well, is different from the Ford system.

The VW one apparently has the laminate between the two layers of glass made from a material which is both see-through and conductive, ( sorry I don't have technical details ) so unlike the Ford one, you cannot see any wires.

I have one on my Fiesta, and while I am always aware of its prescence, it does not annoy me.

Stewart.

I do notice the wires occassionally, and yes you do notice some scatter, but its never caused me a problem for sure. Admittedly its much better in my Mazda than in my old Mondeo and Focus.

Id spec it again for sure!

1.4TSI Argh. Bad mood. My 1.2 due to be built next week and this happens. I was told 1.4 engine not coming to this country. Hmmph. Only consilation is that it's taken months to get my hands on a 1.2. I heard the 1.4tsi engine is very much in demand. Can you imagine what the waiting time would be like? (By the way the only answer that is acceptable in my present disposition = very long). :wall:

Announced at the Geneva motorshow...

But I'm not clear what's been announced: Is it that all of these options will definitely be available in the UK? Or just that they will be available in some markets?

1.4TSI Argh. Bad mood. My 1.2 due to be built next week and this happens. I was told 1.4 engine not coming to this country. Hmmph. Only consilation is that it's taken months to get my hands on a 1.2. I heard the 1.4tsi engine is very much in demand. Can you imagine what the waiting time would be like? (By the way the only answer that is acceptable in my present disposition = very long). :wall:

I'm in a similar position, my 1.2 TSi is being dleivered in early April.

However although the 1.4 TSi has been anounced at Genev a how long will it be before it's actually avilable ot order? It could be minths and then there's the delivery time as well. I'd have almost certainly have gone for the 1.4TSi if it had been available to order in January.

@ Lady P, What colour is your new Yeti?? Were you the Muscawhateveritis I saw on Victoria Park Road, Malvern, last week??

No not me! We got ours yesterday :) and its Cappucinno and it has been in Malvern today!...but I know there are 2 Muscovados and 1 dark grey around Malvern somewhere!! Have you got your Yeti or waiting or debating on one? and are you from Malvern area?

My current car (new Fiesta) has a heated windscreen and its been a godsend especially this winter, and I have had no visibility problems at all, you dont even know its there, so deffo an option I would have.

Anyone know if this will be an option when I order mine in the next 4-5 weeks ???

I probably wouldnt have had the conkas to go for Tangerine but I'd have happily had the DVD screens, heated front screen and sports seats. emoticon-0143-smirk.gif

Same here, but from my past experience, all of them would be retrofittable -- cost will play a role of course.