Has anyone installed a cigarette socket in the top dash box?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know its kind of off topic, but as a temporary measure will this fit on the air vent of the vRS? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350338628033&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNASIF:GB:1123

Thanks

Yes, they do fit (or at least a generic one I bought from eBay did).

I didn't like mine though as it positioned the satnav far too forward.

do you know where the switched live connection was taken from? Was it taken off the radio?

I've sent a text message to the sparky that did it with just that question! At first he said swtiched live might be tricky due to the CAN on these cars. I imagine he trailed a wire to the fuse box but when I know for sure I'll let you all know.

Ever get an answer to this?

• 3 weeks later...

Thats bloody brillant, how did you do it?

You can get this start up screen through TomTom's Home program, just connect your TomTom and fire up The home program on your PC, then when it's connected select the "Add traffic, voices, safety camera's etc" then select "images and icons" then "start up images" do a search for skoda and this one comes up on the list, just click add and it does all the work for you. Done :)

Not the same aperture I know, but I recently bought a socket "trippler" from Aldi for £2.99 (black or silver) which has a USB socket on it. It fits very snuggly in the lower cubby hole (facelift) leaving just enough room for a Garmin nuvi 265W propped up against the open lid, although its not at an ideal height and suffers from refelection. I can cope with having to use it as an extension from the normal 12V socket and its nowhere near as neat as the Maplin product or the more professional jobs above, but for £3 its damned handy if you need USB and conventional 12V sockets.

• 1 year later...

Couldn't find the correct thread for 12V socket in lower cubby hole, but the triple socket + double USB is back in at Aldi from Sunday and fits perfectly/snuggly. Only £4 too.