octavia scout tyres 2010 deliveries

I have Octavia Scout on order delivey for April 2010, I believe the tyres arePirelli. Has anyone had a Scout delivered this month and can tell me which pirelli are fitted. Thanks

• 2 months later...

Scout 1.8 arrived finally, on Thursday pm. Has Dunlop sport 01 tyres - asymmetric. These seem to have varying reports- don't they all! Overall, have quite good grip in dry and wet. Thinking of Nokian or Conti, next time.

My 2008 pre-FL Scout has Dunlop Sports on.

Reading above it seems Skoda changed to Pirelli P Zero’s sometime during 2009 – I assume at the same time as the FL?

Now the latest 2010 cars are back on the Dunlops?

Strange.

Hello,

My Scout picked up yesterday has Dunlop sports, a friend of mine had his Scout delivered 4 weeks ago and he has Pirelli Zero.

• 2 months later...

My three month old Octavia Scout has Dunlop but note if you have the spare wheel and tyre option the wheel is a smaller size to fit the tyre well and the tyre is likely to be a different brand and spec. I know this because I have had to replace two of the Dunlop's because of blowouts!

Does anyone out there recomend changing these low profile road tyres for something a bit tougher?

• 2 weeks later...

My three month old Octavia Scout has Dunlop but note if you have the spare wheel and tyre option the wheel is a smaller size to fit the tyre well and the tyre is likely to be a different brand and spec. I know this because I have had to replace two of the Dunlop's because of blowouts!

Does anyone out there recomend changing these low profile road tyres for something a bit tougher?

I bought a set of 18" preFL zRS Zeniths which had 245/40 18 Barum Bravuris on them. I'm trying to wear them out as I've got some 245/45 18 Goodyear Wrangler AT-R to go on. These are the "offroad" option for the Audi A6 Allroad. Both of these are lower profile than the standard 225/50 17s (which I wouldn't call low profile by any stretch...), but the sidewall of the Wranglers is in fact nominally only a couple of mm less than the OE fitment. My 17" wheels are retained for CWTs ("winter" tyres).

The Yeti SE and Elegance also have this non to common 225/50 R17 tyre fitted as standard, which appears to me anyway more tailored for high performance saloon cars than a 4x4 with off-road ability :wonder: Mine came with Goodyear Excellence which I have found to be a very good summer tyre but totally useless when you combine hills and snow. Switched to 16" steel rim's with 205/55 R16 Nokian WR G2 winters which improved things no end in the last snows.

When I eventually wear out the Goodyears I'm looking at replacing them with either the new Nokian eNtyre My link, or the Goodyear 4 Season My link which I understand has the winter snowflake symbol, as these appear to be the closest I can get to a suitable for a 4x4 type of tyre without changing the standard rim/tyre size.

Other Yeti owners have had their vehicles supplied with besides the Goodyear, both the Dunlop and the Pirelli mentioned in this thread.

Regards,

TP

• Like 1