Fabia RS english language catalogue

I'm thinking....

Red with white roof and white wheels

Race blue with white roof and white or silver wheels

Black with silver roof and white or silver wheels

Rallye green with white roof and wheels

It may have the same engine and gearbox as the Polo and Ibiza but at least Skoda have given us some decent colour options and a choice of hatch or combi too.

I might well change my car in a year or so and it could be one of these but more likely to be a Yeti to be honest with it's superior interior and better ride quality. Have to get a test drive though and see the RS in the metal first :)

Hi Octy I'm still a young single blood so a Yeti is not for me yet (i) lol. I am still tobe convinced by the styling of the second gen VRS but am very tempted by the spec of this. I've not tried a DSG box though and it seems to be a love it or loathe it affair. The Twincharge engine sounds like a little jewel but twin blowers would mean a nightmare if it went bang (although petrl turbos seem way more reliable than those in heavy oil engines). It all depends on the price really. Skoda UK tend to price their cars fairly and make Fords, Vauxhalls and FIATs look ridiculous. If they can get it under £15K for the hatch I would be tempted but £17K is Renault Clio Cup territory and even thn out of my budget. The orginal VRS has become a cult car as it offered so much for the money. Skoda need to do the same here for it to catch on. Looking forward to driving this though!

how come the LED running lights will be allowed to be on all the time, but normal bulb fog lights, in exactly the same place and even perhaps not as bright, won't?

Edited by Wet Kipper

A pretty good range of colours there, and you CAN have roof bars on the estate :thumbup: but I really couldnt live with the boring all black interior. I think it does look more interesting visually than the Polo GTi, cant wait to see the Ibiza Estate if they do a FR etc.

Looking at the colours , not only am I keen on Race Blue with a white roof and silver wheels , I'm warming to the idea of Anthracite Metallic Grey, white roof, silver wheels..............I saw a mini today and was well impressed! ( No, I don't want a mini.....and I always say, why have an Audi or a BMW when I can have a Skoda! :rofl:

The colour options are good though. How many manufacturers offer different colour alloys? They obviously have looked at what people have done to the Mk1 vRS which is good. Standard power isn't bad but doesn't beat the Clio Sport or Corsa VXR for power or maybe handling. But both of those cars do have their problems. The Clio Sport is French :giggle: and the Corsa have been known to have piston problems and wheel bearings are known to go at low mileage. Not sure how reliable the new Fabia's are but it should be fine.

It is a warm hatch and is the value for money alternative over the Polo and Ibiza. I think it should sell well and if it drove well, I could get used to DSG over manual (I've been dead against all forms of automatic and always had manuals) and it had plenty of go over my current vRS and the price was right I would be tempted.

How close is the engine to the torque limit of the 7 speed DSG?

Dunno! "within" I gather!

The big tuners are all doing maps, so it must be alright :)

How close is the engine to the torque limit of the 7 speed DSG?

I believe the torque limit of the 7 speed DSG is 250 Nm, which is what the engine comes standard with. Tuning/remaps are being discuses in another thread on here.

This is taken from SCN and I think originally from an Audi forum

Max Torque

6 Speed Wet DSG 350 Nm Transverse Engines

7 Speed Dry DSG 250 Nm Transverse Engines

'New' 7 Speed DSG 550 Nm Longitudinal Engines & Quattro Compatible

Edited by Jim H

I believe the torque limit of the 7 speed DSG is 250 Nm, which is what the engine comes standard with. Tuning/remaps are being discuses in another thread on here.

This is taken from SCN and I think originally from an Audi forum

The Box has a torque limiter set to 250nm so if the engine is mapped for more, it wont be going to the road. There are "TCU" remaps for the 6 speed dsg, uprated clutch packs and fluid/fluid pressure avaliable, but as the 7 speed is "Dry" I dont know what will be possible