Clarkson Drives The vRS Estate

DGW

Verdict:

"Great ride and handling, fast, excellent value and gigantic boot. Just avoid the crazy white seats."

Rating:

FWIW, Jeremy Clarkson has just had a vRS Estate on loan for a week and writes about it in the centre of The Sunday Times Driving section today.

Sorry about the thread title which was an unintentional typo on my part and should have read vRS not Vrs. I've tried amending it but while the other IT will amend this post title, it won't amend the thread title. Time to send some heavies into the site innards, I think!

If you have not got a copy of the Sunday Times, Here is the online article. For when the link stops working here is the summary

Model Skoda Octavia vRS estate

Engine type Four cylinders, 1781cc

Power 180bhp @ 5500rpm

Torque 173 lb ft @ 1950rpm

Transmission Five-speed manual

Suspension (front) MacPherson struts, coil springs, anti-roll bar; (rear) torsion beam, coil springs, anti-roll bar

Tyres 205/55 R16

Dimensions 4513mm length; 1731mm width; 1457mm height

C02 192g/km

Fuel 35.3mpg (combined)

Top speed 143mph

Acceleration 0 to 62mph: 8secs

Price

I can remember at the end of the last series of Top Gear, when asked, a member of the audience said that they drived a Skoda RS. Clarksons response was that he had a seriously fast car !!!

Was that prase...?

Either way - I agree with Steve, Clarkson is a ******.

I remember that was either the priest or the vicar in the contest of World's Fastest Religion. Compared to what the rest was driving, "seriously fast car" was merely an observation of fact! :D

Originally posted by Dutch4x4 in this post

I remember that was either the priest or the vicar in the contest of World's Fastest Religion. Compared to what the rest was driving, "seriously fast car" was merely an observation of fact! :D

It was indeed one of the priests, but I seem to remember it was actually a Cupra, not an RS :(

Originally posted by ncarring in this post

It was indeed one of the priests, but I seem to remember it was actually a Cupra, not an RS :(

Nope, it was an Octavia RS - I remember 'cos wifey made fun of me over having the same car as a vicar! (Not once, but repeatedly - the memory has etched itself into my brain!)