Memory 2 Premature Re-Set?

Mine still works fine, reset for the second time about 27 hours ago after hitting 99hrs 59minutes (for the second time)

Is there anything I can look at version wise or find out what's different about mine? I don't have VCDS but am happy for someone to scan the car if it helps...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine still works fine, reset for the second time about 27 hours ago after hitting 99hrs 59minutes (for the second time)

Is there anything I can look at version wise or find out what's different about mine? I don't have VCDS but am happy for someone to scan the car if it helps...

If you can tell me anything it would be much appreciated. The dealer is really struggling. The version or a full spec list would be great.

Many thanks

I'm watching mine closely and will pay special attention once it gets near 20 hours.

I too would love further information on how to get the fix done - I'm a significant distance from my dealer, so I really don't want to waste large amounts of travelling time just for this if they don't know how to fix it. It's not a huge deal, but I'd like it to actually function as stated. Other than that the car is absolutely excellent :thumbup:

If you can tell me anything it would be much appreciated. The dealer is really struggling. The version or a full spec list would be great.

Many thanks

Mine is a FaceLift CR vRS with DSG, only options added from the factory are Rear Parking Sensors and a spare wheel. I've had the Fiscon hands free unit fitted to the car too.

When it come to versions of the various parts, then I have no idea, I can get the Fiscon firmware revision easy enough, but I'm assuming the rest would need someone with VCDS. I am currently in Leeds and will be driving home to Birmingham this evening, so if anyone in either city (or say up to about 10 miles off the M1, A42, M42 route I will be taking home) cares to scan the car so we can provide information then let me know.

Steve

Mine is a FaceLift CR vRS with DSG, only options added from the factory are Rear Parking Sensors and a spare wheel. I've had the Fiscon hands free unit fitted to the car too.

When it come to versions of the various parts, then I have no idea, I can get the Fiscon firmware revision easy enough, but I'm assuming the rest would need someone with VCDS. I am currently in Leeds and will be driving home to Birmingham this evening, so if anyone in either city (or say up to about 10 miles off the M1, A42, M42 route I will be taking home) cares to scan the car so we can provide information then let me know.

Steve

Thanks for that. Skoda UK are on the case as well now so we will have to wait and see what happens next week.

The bloody thing reset again today. Back to dealer next week for this and various other faults including chronic engine misfire.

It's getting close to rejection time. This car has been a pain.

Hopefully the dealer will sort it all next week.

Well it's at the dealer all this week for this and two other faults . Will let you know the outcome.

Well it's at the dealer all this week for this and two other faults . Will let you know the outcome.

Thanks Skodafang. Updates are appreciated. :thumbup:

Sarge.

Thanks Skodafang. Updates are appreciated. :thumbup:

Sarge.

Well basically they can't do anything about it. It appears there has been a mis-print in the manual and we have to live with it. I contacted Skoda UK and they are investigating.

I can't fault the dealer at all they have been excellent as for Skoda UK are concerned I will reserve judgement until I get a response.

Sorry it's not what any of us wanted to hear.

Well basically they can't do anything about it. It appears there has been a mis-print in the manual and we have to live with it. I contacted Skoda UK and they are investigating.

I can't fault the dealer at all they have been excellent as for Skoda UK are concerned I will reserve judgement until I get a response.

Sorry it's not what any of us wanted to hear.

What's the misprint? Because my memory 2 setting works in exactly the way it says in the manual, and it appears to work for the pre-FL cars in the same way. That sounds like a complete cop out to me as I'm pretty sure my 2002 SEAT worked in the same way too (i.e. went to 99 hirs and 59 minutes)

I know the memory 2 setting is not exactly life or death, but it is NOT a misprint in the manual. I would love for you to get this info in writing so that we can tear it apart.

One of the reasons I chose Skoda was the consistently good rankings in customer service they've had over the last few years (as well as the fact that the car suited my purposes) and whilst I realise that the forum is not a good place to get a balanced opinion of customer service as people are very quick to point out when things have gone wrong and not so quick so say when things go well, I am beginning to find it disturbing that information that is plainly wrong is coming back to people. How long till some of this incorrect information relates to a safety related issue?

What's the misprint? Because my memory 2 setting works in exactly the way it says in the manual, and it appears to work for the pre-FL cars in the same way. That sounds like a complete cop out to me as I'm pretty sure my 2002 SEAT worked in the same way too (i.e. went to 99 hirs and 59 minutes)

I know the memory 2 setting is not exactly life or death, but it is NOT a misprint in the manual. I would love for you to get this info in writing so that we can tear it apart.

One of the reasons I chose Skoda was the consistently good rankings in customer service they've had over the last few years (as well as the fact that the car suited my purposes) and whilst I realise that the forum is not a good place to get a balanced opinion of customer service as people are very quick to point out when things have gone wrong and not so quick so say when things go well, I am beginning to find it disturbing that information that is plainly wrong is coming back to people. How long till some of this incorrect information relates to a safety related issue?

All I can tell you is mine does not do what it says in the manual. Hence the manual appears to be incorrect Skoda UK are investigating.

Watch this space.

Thanks skodafang for following up on this and all your hard work :thumbup:

Just for the record - I confirm my FL, non-DSG, non-maxidot display reset today at 19:59h - I watched it tick over to 00:00h.

As per the other thread - I think you are right that this affects all non-DSG FL models.

We have a FL 1.8TSi estate and that seems to be working in the way described in the manual. The total trip time on the Maxidot is indicating about 50 hours at the moment - I'm guessing that's what would have reset after 20 hours if we had the problem others have been discussing.

Build date would have been January 2010 and it's a manual gearbox.

regards

P.

As per the other thread - I think you are right that this affects all non-DSG FL models.

Latest theory is that this might be a maxidot vs non-maxidot display issue, affecting only the non-maxidot.

Latest theory is that this might be a maxidot vs non-maxidot display issue, affecting only the non-maxidot.

I have a manual FL vRS with maxi-dot and so far mine has reset well before the specified time (am now watching to see if it is 20 hrs).

Sarge.

I have a manual FL vRS with maxi-dot and so far mine has reset well before the specified time (am now watching to see if it is 20 hrs).

Sarge.

That's interesting I thought it was non maxidot only. In my case Skoda UK have told me there is nothing they can do. So i just have to live with it.

Shame because engine hesitation problem aside I really like the car.

• 4 weeks later...

Experienced the reset yesterday myself. Noticed 2nd reading had jumped from 33.6MPG since "day 1" up to 37.7MPG and knew there was no way it could really have jumped like that without it having reset. Came on here looking to find an answer, and came across this post.

I have a manual FL vRS, petrol, with maxidot, built Feb 2010. I don't know the point at which it reset - I've done ~2800 miles since pickup in March, but I'm sure it's the first time it's done so (definitely more than 20 hours driving!). Slightly annoying, as I was hoping to keep the 2nd reading for the whole time I have the car as a record of what the MPG has been since day 1.

This is what the current manual says

Single-trip memory (memory 1)

The single-trip memory collates the driving information from the moment the ignition

is switched on until it is switched off. New data will also flow into the calculation of the

current driving information if the trip is continued within 2 hours after switching off

the ignition. The memory will be is automatically erased, on the other hand, if the trip

is interrupted for more than 2 hours.

Total-trip memory (memory 2)

The total distance driven memory gathers data from any number of individual journeys

up to a total of 19 hours and 59 minutes driving or 1.999 kilometres driven and

on vehicles which are fitted with information display* up to a total of 99 hours and 59

minutes driving or 9.999 kilometres driven. The memory is deleted when either of

these limits is reached and the calculation starts from anew.

This is what the current manual says

Single-trip memory (memory 1)

The single-trip memory collates the driving information from the moment the ignition

is switched on until it is switched off. New data will also flow into the calculation of the

current driving information if the trip is continued within 2 hours after switching off

the ignition. The memory will be is automatically erased, on the other hand, if the trip

is interrupted for more than 2 hours.

Total-trip memory (memory 2)

The total distance driven memory gathers data from any number of individual journeys

up to a total of 19 hours and 59 minutes driving or 1.999 kilometres driven and

on vehicles which are fitted with information display* up to a total of 99 hours and 59

minutes driving or 9.999 kilometres driven. The memory is deleted when either of

these limits is reached and the calculation starts from anew.

That's interesting (and thanks for posting yours)my manual says 99 hours for trip 2 although it resets at 20 hours. I have given up with this now as Skoda UK are unwilling to help. They just thanked me for pointing out the error in the manual.

Edited by skodafang

:thumbdown: Sorry to disagree with Skoda UK but it SHOULD go to 99.99hrs or 1999.99mls what use is 20hrs its 3 or 4 wks driving around town for me which is useless ! so we all have to change our displays for maxidots know :S its cheaper to reprint the manual to cover the fault ! Edited by sparky2

:thumbdown: Sorry to disagree with Skoda UK but it SHOULD go to 99.99hrs or 1999.99mls what use is 20hrs its 3 or 4 wks driving around town for me which is useless ! so we all have to change our displays for maxidots know :S its cheaper to reprint the manual to cover the fault !

I agree it's pretty useless. For me, it barely covers one full tank so sometimes I can't even get a computed average for that tank when doing brim to brim fills.

What's more, why on earth would it be different in the first place.

:thumbdown: Sorry to disagree with Skoda UK but it SHOULD go to 99.99hrs or 1999.99mls what use is 20hrs its 3 or 4 wks driving around town for me which is useless ! so we all have to change our displays for maxidots know :S its cheaper to reprint the manual to cover the fault !

Agreed.

I have asked if Maxidot can be fitted but at present it is not possible.

Agreed.

I have asked if Maxidot can be fitted but at present it is not possible.

Having maxidot doesn't necessarily fix the problem. I have Maxidot and so far mine seems to reset at 20 hrs. :thumbdown:

Sarge.

Having maxidot doesn't necessarily fix the problem. I have Maxidot and so far mine seems to reset at 20 hrs. :thumbdown:

Sarge.

I think everyone who has Maxidot and DSG gets the 99hrs and 59 minutes which is what my manual states (December 2009 build for me)

I'd love to have Memory II - I used to but one day it just dissapeared. I posted on the fourm about it and all I got was a lot of **** taking!

If anybody knows a way of getting it back I'd really appreciate it!

• 2 months later...

Been on holiday and done lots of miles and I've noticed it now goes to 20 hours before resetting.Done it twice. Had the first service done recently; coincidence or not , I'm pleased.