BTCC

vrstony

Just reading it fully.

Driving a van, talking on the phone with no handsfree and all while towing a trailer with a car on it.

Not good, worse for the poor guy he hit and killed.

Makes me angry that people still use mobiles and drive. There is no excuse now and it's not like he couldn't afford Bluetooth either. Wonder how the Wrathall fangirls on Twitter will react to this. Probably been why they've been quiet all week. 

Wonder how much his race car will sell for. I'll give him a few quid for it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what is happening with Wrathall he seems to have still been out on circuit recently. Surely he must have a trial coming up at some point! I agree the book should be thrown at him, be interesting to see if he is racing this weekend back in the public eye. 

So I did actually come on this thread to see if anyone on here is going to Snetterton this weekend? I shall be there on the Sunday with the old man, he shall probably drive though so fabia won't be in the car park. I can't wait, love the 300 circuit and always provides some close racing. Must not get sunburnt as bad as I did two years ago though, that was incredibly painful! Weather looks good after today as well  B)

Two and a bit hours of work to go! Out in the mini all day tomorrow and might see some of you at Snett Sunday!

I went to the one and only BTCC meeting at  Pembrey, Sun. 27th June 1993, price £8.Ticket No 14180, had the entrance ticket made into a coaster,still got it.Left home at 5:30am got back at 9:15 pm.in my Nova GTE. weather as now- bloody hot- The late David Leslie was the star in his Ecosse Cavalier, he won the 1st race, was leading the 2nd when the throttle cable broke

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Having to set up camp at Knockhill at 0730 to get a good spot is getting pretty daft. Even dafter is having to get up at 0500 to make sure it happens. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Former BTCC Driver Frank Wrathall has been jailed for 21 months & disqualified from driving for 4 years for killing a cyclist while chatting to his girl-friend on his mobile phone for at least eight minutes when returning home from a race meeting.

Frank Wrathall gets 18 months in the slammer for dangerous driving - using a phone whilst driving. Not be racing this season then. Anyone fancy a stint in a Toyota ?