BTCC

vrstony

I'm going to say congrats to Ash Sutton for showing up Jason Plato so totally!

And to Gloss for his "Forever Forward"; I mean 19 places in 16 laps!!! :D

And to Andrew, Colin and Rob for jobs well done even if they do drive Mist Wagons!

And finally to Aiden for a decent performance.

Add in Flash and that makes 7 drivers I'm cheering for, only 2 of whom are in Team Dynamics: Point taken guys?

Yes of course, you only dissed the usual one driver - just like I have already done this year - he is being blown off by a kid.

Excellent drive by Neal, even if it was in the fastest car of the weekend with no ballast in it on a track made for overtaking.

Shame the old fella can't do it more often these days.

Have to ask though, how fast would Sutton go in the Honda (or BMW)? Everybody must be trying to get him for next year, I should think Neal and Jordan must be amongst the top drives he could take on performance grounds, but none of the oldies will want him as a team mate.

Edited by camelspyyder

Thruxton needs more money investing into it. Church corner is fast, but it needs a good run-off and safety barriers.

Without being too much of a kill-joy, i'm suprised they still race there.

Also, tickets booked for Oulton! :-)

Edited by Ally_bassman

@Ally_bassman The redevelopment of the outside runoff at Church is a work in progress. Having said which I think the issue may be that they're going the wrong way there, since it used to be possible to spin off there, and reach Andover high street without hitting anything! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ash Sutton is one of the big names of the future.

Can't help but think that JP is having his "Damon Hill at Jordan" year.

Mind you the other guys at BMR are even slower...

Well, at best JP has been "about able" to keep up with Colin (last year) and Ash (this year). I hope the other 2 Grovel operators are bringing a lot of budget with them!

Other stuff:-

1. Hugely impressed with Billy Monger's demeanor when interviewed.
  2. Generally OK with driving standards and results in BTCC races, except for Aiden, who appears to have a vast blind arc on his RHS!
  3. Not so impressed with driving standards in the support races (but well done to Oulton marshalls and track workers).
  4. Was Jade Edwards (Clios) really wearing a Briskie Racing race suit?

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

Well, at best JP has been "about able" to keep up with Colin (last year) and Ash (this year). I hope the other 2 Grovel operators are bringing a lot of budget with them!

Other stuff:-

1. Hugely impressed with Billy Monger's demeanor when interviewed.
  2. Generally OK with driving standards and results in BTCC races, except for Aiden, who appears to have a vast blind arc on his RHS!
  3. Not so impressed with driving standards in the support races (but well done to Oulton marshalls and track workers).
  4. Was Jade Edwards (Clios) really wearing a Briskie Racing race suit?

Jade edwards is sponsored by bossfox and same as jake hill

• Like 1

Another brillaint day at Oulton, i've got my usual sunglasses and watch marks today! :biggrin:

- Aiden is a hard man to pass, maybe a little too aggressive.

- Gutten for Turks, he was mugged a few times due to being his usual 'Mr Clean' self.

- When you spectacte, you can really see the difference in speed and car control by the different drivers. For example, the difference between the Ash Sutton and James Cole, Ash is in a different league when it comes to how late he can brake and the speed he can carry compared with rent-a-seat Cole.

- Flash's contact with Josh Cook was un-called for. I've not seen the footage from the TV yet, but to me it looked like a Matt Neal push to pass tactic. The works drivers need to remember the stuggle that the Indies have, a good result at one meeting can mean the difference. So contact like that causing damage to the car (that has to be paid for) and a potentially good result taken away is not good to see.

• Like 1

@Ally_bassman What you were saying about Aiden; that plus the TV interview about his contact with Ash is where I got the comment about "his vast blind arc" from!

I was saying similar things about how much budget I hoped James Cole brings with him; let's face it, he's doing precious little else for Subaru or the sticker sponsors.

From the TV, it looked rather like Flash had a run but didn't move over quite fast enough, almost like Josh's Focus "clipped" on the rev limiter.

Yes Turks is a very clean driver.  Compared to maybe a Plato or a neal.  Rob collard seems to be very consistent and if he can continue to quilify well he could be there come the end off the season. One thing he hasn't done well in the past.  Sutton has really impressed me letting his driving do the talking I hope he can start pushing the Hondas and bmws. Can't wait till I see it at knockhill :-)

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Horror crash is quali at Croft - Davenport in a coma, Jeff Smith seriously injured.

I had issues with the "not the drivers' fault" attitude from the commentators. There were waved yellow flags, and it was only a qualifying session!

Sutton up to 4th in championship, around 20 points behind Flash.

Rob Collard (leading championship contender), bashed out of race 3 by...Who else, Matt Neal (team mate of Collards title rival).

I'll say it again. Neal should be banned. He keeps taking Flash's competition out (Turk and Collard this year already) Does Alan Gow think it's entertaining to let Honda rig the championship like this?  I can imagine the uproar if say Andrew Jordan (currently last of the BMW in the title race) takes Flash out once or twice? Or even worse, if JP was to do it to help Sutton out.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

I have to say, I know it's BTCC and rubbing is racing and all that crap... but Croft highlighted some drivers taking liberties.

- Mat Jackson was lucky to keep his race win IMO, he practically shoved Ollie Jackson out of the way.

- Matt Neal shoved Collard out of the way, penalty given... no chance!