why are some people just assholes?

bomski

If its possible to walk round the shop, with the food and baby, then its possible to do it outside in the car park. just my thoughts.

By that point most of the load will be in the trolley which the customer has picked up by the door of the supermarket...

Yeah and put back into the trolley to wheel to the car. There isn't 100's of abandoned trolleys by the doors of supermarkets whenever I go in lol.

Not really sure of the significance of this...yes you can wheel stuff back to the car. Doesn't make it any easier getting stuff to the supermarket before you've acquired a trolley though...

Plenty of trolleys dotted about in various bays in car parks.

If you were designing a car park for a supermarket and were trying to allocate spaces to suit various demographics, you wouldn't rely on "trolleys dotted about". Especially as that supermarket might then decide to get coin-release trollies...

Depends - if you have a small child, chances are you'll have a fair amount of stuff to lug (changing/feeding equipment, etc.) in addition to the child/children. Often it's mothers on their own doing shopping, and generally speaking lifting/carrying heavy items is something which women struggle with. Supermarkets will do whatever they can to ease this, as family shopping is generally the largest/most profitable of any of the demographics.

What I notice ,as someone who doesent have a disabled badge ,but at times has problems walking to the shop , is that a lot of mums will shout/scream that non mums are taking up "THEIR" spaces , but they are only too willing to fill up disabled spaces .I call them "dyslexic mothers" - time has come for stores to recognise the second bigest spenders -OAP -who need a bit more space to get out of cars.

the second bigest spenders -OAP -who need a bit more space to get out of cars.

I've never seen anything which suggests OAPs are the second largest-spending demographic...in fact, every study I've seen puts them at the lowest spend level (barring any geographical deviances - for example, being placed in an area with an unusually high number of retired people).

A Different Approach

I know a guy pretty well who has the last say in any proposals for parking in his town in Poland. He's been to various countries (including Britain) to see how they manage parking.

He thinks we're nuts.

His idea is that you give the bare minimum of parking direction -- almost no more than "you can park here" or "you can't park here". If you have a street and you want parking at the sides, you mark it out as one long bay, not individual spaces like we do. Then you leave the rest to the punters because they'll ensure there's no wasted space with over generous parking bays for wee nissan micras, and folks taking up 2 spaces end up hemmed in etc.

From what i saw when i was there, it does seem to work ok. Different culture though, might not work here.

Doesn't work that well... It was like that on the road outside the flats where I used to live, the main issue was when the person who say drove a Micra left the parking space, there ended up being a gap not big enough for a larger car to get into, or the Micra driver would park in the first gap it could see when turning up which might be the only gap big enough for a larger car to use when there was a Micra sized gap further up the road... If all the cars in the area are a similar size (and everyone can park properly) it may well work...

The number of times I got home and ended up parking some distance away because my car wouldn't fit in any of the gaps in between parked cars almost drove me insane...

Parent/child spaces are indeed a joke! :thumbdown:

I can't see why you get to park closer to the store just because you've pushed a little "miracle"

out of your uterus either... And while I'm on the subject...

Why must people take the whole damn tribe to Tescos on the weekend????

There's simply no excuse!! Pensioners should be banned on the weekends too. They've got ALL WEEK to shop!!!

Picture with me if you will... Granny approx 35years old, Mum approx 19years old, with her kaleidoscope of

3 dirty looking offspring blocking the entire aisle. Mum and Gran both on the phone ignoring their scabby unruly brats.

(Probably drumming up a little business no doubt... ) Aimlessly shuffling along at approx 0.00001mph

After waiting for the penny to drop and for them to realise they were IN THE WAY!!!! I had no option but to politely say

"excuse me please" The slag of a gran then starts chucking a load of ****s into me for having the gall to interrupt her phone call.

It was at that moment when I suddenly realised why the term " Die B!tch" was invented!!

I can't see why you get to park closer to the store just because you've pushed a little "miracle"

out of your uterus either... And while I'm on the subject...

Why must people take the whole damn tribe to Tescos on the weekend????

There's simply no excuse!! Pensioners should be banned on the weekends too. They've got ALL WEEK to shop!!!

Picture with me if you will... Granny approx 35years old, Mum approx 19years old, with her kaleidoscope of

3 dirty looking offspring blocking the entire aisle. Mum and Gran both on the phone ignoring their scabby unruly brats.

(Probably drumming up a little business no doubt... ) Aimlessly shuffling along at approx 0.00001mph

After waiting for the penny to drop and for them to realise they were IN THE WAY!!!! I had no option but to politely say

"excuse me please" The slag of a gran then starts chucking a load of ****s into me for having the gall to interrupt her phone call.

It was at that moment when I suddenly realised why the term " Die B!tch" was invented!!

Someone give this man a medal, Could you run for PM?

Matt

out of your uterus either...

By that do you mean, "it's a miracle it hasn't got 11 toes" ?

Some people....

I just had a horse lorry barrel down me at top speed down a county road. I was travelling steadily and pulled over as much as I could, however if the lorry had slowed it would have been easier as they went past a layby. Anyway, the lorry barged past and as it was level with me it stopped and a horrible tyrade from a female member of our travelling community poured fourth through my window "S$$t Skoda get **** out of the way and **** yourself".

Hmmm

Some people....

I just had a horse lorry barrel down me at top speed down a county road. I was travelling steadily and pulled over as much as I could, however if the lorry had slowed it would have been easier as they went past a layby. Anyway, the lorry barged past and as it was level with me it stopped and a horrible tyrade from a female member of our travelling community poured fourth through my window "S$$t Skoda get **** out of the way and **** yourself".

Hmmm

Yet another example of an imported scumbag.

Like we haven't got enough home grown ponces. :yes:

You often see the long skirt wearing, shoplifting, usually pregnant, gold toothed and grubby scum hanging around car windows

offering to clean windscreens out on the north circular road whilst making begging gestures.

So WHY did they come here??? For a better life???

If shoplifting, prostitution, windscreen cleaning and begging is a better life for them then fair enough....

BUT IT REDUCES THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF EVERYONE ELSE. So sod em I say, let them stay in Romania shagging their siblings

and producing inbred human living filth. We don't need them and they are no use. ( they do keep the crime figures up mind you.... :dull: )

The powers that be are terrified to KICK EM OUT. We have an army!!! Shouldn't be too much bother rounding them up and getting rid.

Also often seen driving around with surly looking men in untaxed transits trying to steal the scrap metal out of our skip at work.

Yet another example of an imported scumbag.

Like we haven't got enough home grown ponces. :yes:

You often see the long skirt wearing, shoplifting, usually pregnant, gold toothed and grubby scum hanging around car windows

offering to clean windscreens out on the north circular road whilst making begging gestures.

So WHY did they come here??? For a better life???

If shoplifting, prostitution, windscreen cleaning and begging is a better life for them then fair enough....

BUT IT REDUCES THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF EVERYONE ELSE. So sod em I say, let them stay in Romania shagging their siblings

and producing inbred human living filth. We don't need them and they are no use. ( they do keep the crime figures up mind you.... :dull: )

The powers that be are terrified to KICK EM OUT. We have an army!!! Shouldn't be too much bother rounding them up and getting rid.

Also often seen driving around with surly looking men in untaxed transits trying to steal the scrap metal out of our skip at work.

Yes one of those f**kers scratched a nice deep groove in my a pillar even after I ignore them then said no when they started.

Cost me £100 to get it fixed.

Plus the Romanian selling big issue with a fake looking sellers badge.

If you have to beg, don't come here.