why are some people just assholes?

bomski

<RANT>

sorry but just had to get this one off my chest...

Just been to the White Rose shopping centre in Leeds to get some shopping; naturally bank holiday weekend - its heaving! Pull into car park to find people abandoning cars for lack of spaces; not being one of those inconsiderates i maneuver my car round them and proceed down one of the parking aisles... only to find some guy in a green fiesta sat in the middle of it, with his indicator on. I politely waited behind him for about a minute, but this time i'm blocked in from behind...

The guy doesn't move...

So i move a bit closer to him...

The guy doesn't move...

So i then decide to move around him; with what little space he'd left (bearing in mind i'm in the Octy; hardly the smallest of cars)...

The guy doesn't move...

As i drive past him he just looks at me; complete disregard to what was happening.... as i finally squeezed past him, he pipped his horn at me!!!

i'd lost it by this point, got out the car and asked him what he was pipping me for!!! He looked at me blankly; with nothing to say... i got back in my car and drove off...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

</RANT>

probably beeping as you are now in front of him in the que in his mind! People are just like you said assholes best not to dwell on it and carry on with what your doing

And this is why I like to go shopping out of hours! Plenty of parking space and can usually find a 3 car wide space so I can park without worrying about getting a door ding from some inconsiderate person. :)

I had someone this morning doing 20mph in a 40mph so I overtook them and they sped up and sat right behind me flashing his lights like some sort of derranged Christmas tree.

And this is why I like to go shopping out of hours! Plenty of parking space and can usually find a 3 car wide space so I can park without worrying about getting a door ding from some inconsiderate person. :)

I like to do this and park as far away as possible from any cars, however I've lost count how many times some t!t has parked right next to me! I swear if I was the only car in the bloody car park someone would park their hunk of junk as close as they could to my drivers door! :no:

I just realised WHY I said the above..... Just went to my local tesco. Got a parking space away from the store entrance OK but the place was like a kicked over ants nest! Reminded me of why I usually go on a week night between 9 and 10..... Came out feeling a lot worse than when I went in but at least I have food for the week now. :thumbup:

I try to do this but every time I come out the shop to find a builders van or wreck next to me. It was only 2 days ago that I found a nice spot, as far away from the store entrance as you could get, 9 - 10 spaces in a row so I park in the middle. 15 minutes in the store, I come out and I have a rusting transit one side of me and a bashed up fiesta the other side but all the other spaces were still empty. How can this happen? All three cars could have had an empty space either side.

Gets me too -and latest one round here -car driving toward you in a street ,indicates right - not too close ,but not too far away ,then swings across to park on other side of road -with the driver waving because you decided to stop to see what was happening .

But I felt better tonight - on way to walk dog in local park ,had a police car in front -looking as if it was heading for home .At junction -a van was parked on top of a Pelican/similar crossing ,with driver talking to pedestrians .As i aproached the crossing ,same police vehicle pulled up across road to chat to driver - can only hope the topic was the parking place .

I had someone this morning doing 20mph in a 40mph so I overtook them and they sped up and sat right behind me flashing his lights like some sort of derranged Christmas tree.

i had this last week in a 50 someone for 10 miles never went above 20 mph often sticking slower, and the road has nowhere to overtake or pass safely as there is stone walls and bends constantly the whole route! rather annoying as they were driving a v8 mercedes (i think is a v8 anyway), left me annoyed beyond believe they can drive such a high performance car so slow

People who go shopping and are far too lazy to park in a proper space, so they park in a disabled bay really p me off. In other countries you get towed and fined. What do they do here ? Put up sily signs and do s*d all about it.

No doubt St Georges Centre Harrow and Brent Cross will be the same today.

Last time I had to go to Brent Cross I concluded the scenes I witnessed would be those you'd see at the end of the World.

Hence, If I have to go shopping, I always go at the less popular times. Otherwise, Mr internet is my market and, as it should be with a service industry, Mr shopkeeper comes to me. Nobody pays me to pick and deliver my own goods !

Can't see the pleasure in shopping, especially on a Saturday or bank holiday weekend. Seems on a par with the package holiday air travel experience - moronic.

There are a lot of very sad people out there who need to get a life !

Nick

Edited by Clunkclick

The most annoying thing is abuse of parent and child spaces. It's a simple concept.

- You must have a child with you.

- You must be getting the child out of the car!

- That child must be of such an age that you require extra room to get him/her into and out of the car. Not a 10 year old who can quite happily get in and out like an adult!!

The amount of people who park up and leave their wife and kids in the car is amazing!!

And it isn't a disabled overflow car park either!!!

Rant over.

On a lighter note there is a guy who parks his Aston Martin at least 6 spaces away from any other car in the local Somerfield. I always chuckle to myself as I park my Fabia next to him! Childish? Yes. Amusing? Definitely. And the dirtier the Fabia is the more I smile :rofl: ! And others obviously do the same as I'm not the only one by the time I get back.

The most annoying thing is abuse of parent and child spaces. It's a simple concept.

I`v never understood this, why do people with kids get to park closer to the store. All the car parks i use with these, have paths all over the place anyway. Just because someone has a kid, does it mean they cant walk far?! One local sainsbury, has the kids spaces NEARER than the disabled ones! So someone who has problems moving and getting about has to walk further than someone with a child?!

Matt

I just don't get the "I must park close to the shop" mentality. Some years ago, I needed a 10mm plug box, and followed an "unusually coloured" Fester into the car park (driven by an old geezer, not a ch@v). I went for the first space I could see, walked over to Halfrauds, found and bought the box, and as I left saw the Fester still trolling for a space outside the shops!

A Different Approach

I know a guy pretty well who has the last say in any proposals for parking in his town in Poland. He's been to various countries (including Britain) to see how they manage parking.

He thinks we're nuts.

His idea is that you give the bare minimum of parking direction -- almost no more than "you can park here" or "you can't park here". If you have a street and you want parking at the sides, you mark it out as one long bay, not individual spaces like we do. Then you leave the rest to the punters because they'll ensure there's no wasted space with over generous parking bays for wee nissan micras, and folks taking up 2 spaces end up hemmed in etc.

From what i saw when i was there, it does seem to work ok. Different culture though, might not work here.

Just because someone has a kid, does it mean they cant walk far?!

Depends - if you have a small child, chances are you'll have a fair amount of stuff to lug (changing/feeding equipment, etc.) in addition to the child/children. Often it's mothers on their own doing shopping, and generally speaking lifting/carrying heavy items is something which women struggle with. Supermarkets will do whatever they can to ease this, as family shopping is generally the largest/most profitable of any of the demographics.

Depends - if you have a small child, chances are you'll have a fair amount of stuff to lug (changing/feeding equipment, etc.) in addition to the child/children. Often it's mothers on their own doing shopping, and generally speaking lifting/carrying heavy items is something which women struggle with. Supermarkets will do whatever they can to ease this, as family shopping is generally the largest/most profitable of any of the demographics.

If its possible to walk round the shop, with the food and baby, then its possible to do it outside in the car park. just my thoughts.

Matt