what to put in the hole in the boot where the cd changer used to be put

I picked one of these up yesterday, dealer let me have it for less than half price as it had been sat in storage for a while (though you wouldn't know it - it's sealed in a plastic bag!).

I also got another hook for the right side of the boot to match the one on the left, 30 second job to install.

Now thats penny pinching. I am surprised (though I shoudn't be) that an FL vRS only has one hook, when my 2006 Elegance has hooks on both sides and in the middle.

It also has a CD changer in the left hand boot cupboard ;)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last vRS only had one hook, too (not including the one under the parcel shelf). To be fair, the extra hook only cost me £6 inc VAT, imagine how much that would have cost if it had been an Audi or VW?

I like that, is it running stright off the HU or did you stick an amp in that space as well?

Boot floor is raised and an amp sits infront of the spare wheel weel. I have changed the entire system HU & all.

MPM :D

I've got the standard octavia VRS HU.

But we don't know how old your car is so we don't know what HU we're comparing...

I have the standard vRS HU in mine too, in my case, it's the Bolero (RCD510) which I understand has the same/similar sound quality to the Columbus (RNS510)

But we don't know how old your car is so we don't know what HU we're comparing...

I have the standard vRS HU in mine too, in my case, it's the Bolero (RCD510) which I understand has the same/similar sound quality to the Columbus (RNS510)

Sorry its a 57 plate Vrs. Are there uprated speakers avaliable as optional extras like VW/Audi? They offer Bose and Harman Kardon I believe as optional extras I believe?

Edited by GeorgeL

Sorry its a 57 plate Vrs. Are there uprated speakers avaliable as optional extras like VW/Audi? They offer Bose and Harman Kardon I believe as optional extras I believe?

Not a factory fit option for the extra speakers in the UK which is a shame, as the standard speaker placement is a bit daft... Front speakers at the rear of front door, rear speakers at the front of the rear doors, distance between said speaker centres, about 18 inches...

I don't know what HU a 57 plate vRS has as my first Skoda is the one I'm driving now which was ordered last September... but from reading the forums, the Bolero is a significant step up from previous models

Not a factory fit option for the extra speakers in the UK which is a shame, as the standard speaker placement is a bit daft... Front speakers at the rear of front door, rear speakers at the front of the rear doors, distance between said speaker centres, about 18 inches...

I don't know what HU a 57 plate vRS has as my first Skoda is the one I'm driving now which was ordered last September... but from reading the forums, the Bolero is a significant step up from previous models

I'm going to treat myself to a RNS510 Sat nav unit for my birthday later in the year. I to am puzzled by the speaker placement.

• 2 weeks later...

alternatively, tesco do a grey felt tool bag / organiser which is held in place with velcro and it's only a few quid. i got one of these, and it fits quite well and is big enough to hold a 5ltr container of oil and a few tools :)

Hi, would it be possible to post a pic or link to this bag? I am interested in that and as I will be to the UK in May I might look out for this. Cheers.

While we're on the subject, for those of us with cd changers why are there two slots above the CD changer? It looks like something else was meant to fit there.

John

I was wondering the same thing.

On some cars i've seen DVD or CD Nav drive.

So there is a DVD to fit the slot that will work with the RNS510 jobby? Not sure what a CD Nav Drive is though?

Hi, would it be possible to post a pic or link to this bag? I am interested in that and as I will be to the UK in May I might look out for this. Cheers.

sure.. i will post a pic this evening when i get home from work. I had a look on the tesco site and cant find the item, but i know it's still in stock at our local one here.

On some cars i've seen DVD or CD Nav drive.

I have the same in mine, unfortunately when I got it it had three empty spaces! Got a practically brand new CD changer from ebay and have found that a spare bulb kit fills one of the other slots quite nicely.

On a related note, does anyone know if it's possible to get hold of the small net and plastic frame which fits in the righthand side of the boot, the net and stainless/chrome strip which holds it in has come adrift on mine. The dealers seemed to think the only way of getting it was by buying a whole righthand bootliner - seems a bit excessive to replace a cheap plastic net etc!

Edited by Ed-Preston

pic of cheap tesco "tool bag" that works quite well.

P1030621.jpg

That's not bad at all, a good match colour wise anyway! Not quite as smart as the Skoda version, but worth the money I reckon.