YETI ADVENTURE WALES.

Llanigraham

Yeti Adventure is Saturday 5th of June.

The meeting point is The Elan Valley Visitors Centre, at around 1100 for coffee. We will then drive to Claerwen Dam and follow the gravel road along the side of the lake, to the top where we can stop for a picnic lunch, then return to the Dam to drive through the Elan Valley to possibly do another green lane. That decision can be made later.

Claerwen Lane is suitable for any Yeti and does not require 4 wheel drive, but it is bumpy and can be either mucky or dusty, depending on the weather. If you look on Google Earth StreetView you can follow the whole lane and see what it is like.

If there are more than 5 that wish to attend then the groups will have to be split up, as the guidelines are that there should not be more than 5 vehicles in a group on "green lanes".

So......any more names please??

Possible:

James Allams ??

Fuzzybunny ??

Confirmed:

Lady P (with Pimms)

aerofurb

Freshacre (with folk music for dancing)

The Plumber

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deffo going to have to go to Ottawa on that Saturday now :(

I expect lots of pictures and stories of people tackling some 'other lanes' (or sections of) to keep me amused while over with the colonials :)

Have fun and enjoy the wonderful place that is the Elan Valley.

Deffo going to have to go to Ottawa on that Saturday now :(

I expect lots of pictures and stories of people tackling some 'other lanes' (or sections of) to keep me amused while over with the colonials :)

Have fun and enjoy the wonderful place that is the Elan Valley.

That's a shame Simon :'(

Maybe on the next one :thumbup:

Lady Penelope

The meeting point is The Elan Valley Visitors Centre, at around 1100 for coffee. We will then drive to Claerwen Dam and follow the gravel road along the side of the lake, to the top where we can stop for a picnic lunch, then return to the Dam to drive through the Elan Valley to possibly do another green lane. That decision can be made later.

Claerwen Lane is suitable for any Yeti and does not require 4 wheel drive, but it is bumpy and can be either mucky or dusty, depending on the weather. If you look on Google Earth StreetView you can follow the whole lane and see what it is like.

If there are more than 5 that wish to attend then the groups will have to be split up, as the guidelines are that there should not be more than 5 vehicles in a group on "green lanes".

Possible:

James Allams ??

Fuzzybunny ??

Confirmed:

Lady P (with Pimms)

aerofurb

The Plumber

I have seriously considered it, but alas.......the distance is too great and I have no other current excuse for venturing to the UK. I do have future potential for a trip across the North Sea, so if the event gets a second venue, I would try to combine it with some legitimate business travel.

Not quite the same, but Snewhide will go to school on the 3rd of June - FDM (Danish equivalent of the AA- not Alcoholics Anonymous) have some Technical driving courses, including dry and wet avoidance cources and a run in the skidpad, which I will attend. The last time I watched this was in the 1960's at Hendon Police Driving School - very impressive to see double decker buses and the Humbers do the skid pad.

Have fun.

Edited by Agerbundsen

I have seriously considered it, but alas.......the distance is too great and I have no other current excuse for venturing to the UK. I do have future potential for a trip across the North Sea, so if the event gets a second venue, I would try to combine it with some legitimate business travel.

Not quite the same, but Snewhide will go to school on the 3rd of June - FDM (Danish equivalent of the AA- not Alcoholics Anonymous) have some Technical driving courses, including dry and wet avoidance cources and a run in the skidpad, which I will attend. The last time I watched this was in the 1960's at Hendon Police Driving School - very impressive to see double decker buses and the Humbers do the skid pad.

Have fun.

And I can't even recommend any decent folk festivals to temp you over to either, to help the justification!! (Aren't you lucky having Tonder over there!!)

G

Have fun.

Thanks Agerbundsen for your good wishes :thumbup:

Fully understand it is a long way to come...even if Freshacre is providing the entertainement :yes: to try to entice you!

Hopefully there will be more of these jolly jaunts around the country and fingers crossed you will be able to bring Snehvide ...(or aplogies if I have the name wrong...is it Shevide or is it Snewhide :wonder: ) over for one of them.

I wish you and your snow monster great fun at school...I think Hettie would enjoy the skidpad too :giggle:

Lady Penelope

Possible:

James Allams ??

Fuzzybunny ??

Confirmed:

Lady P (with Pimms)

aerofurb

The Plumber

Pit-Yaka- sounds like you had fun around Gloucs...how about going off road a bit?

and Muckypaws - it sounds like you really tested the 4x4!! Why not come and join us on our Welsh Adventure and show us how it's done!

Possible:

James Allams ??

Fuzzybunny ??

Confirmed:

Lady P (with Pimms)

aerofurb

The Plumber

I still intend to make it, I might be coming in a Yeti afterall. We've got 2 taxed ones now. Both Black Magic 1.8TSi monsters. As long as I leave one at the garage for demos should be no problem. Nobody buy the 59 plate Elegance off us until the 7th!!

I still intend to make it, I might be coming in a Yeti afterall. We've got 2 taxed ones now. Both Black Magic 1.8TSi monsters. As long as I leave one at the garage for demos should be no problem. Nobody buy the 59 plate Elegance off us until the 7th!!

Does it have a sunroof :giggle::x

Hope to see you on the 5th James! :clap:

best wishes

Lady Penelope :angel:

Edited by Lady Penelope

Yeti Adventure in Wales is Saturday 5th of June.

The meeting point is The Elan Valley Visitors Centre, at around 1100 for coffee.

We will then drive to Claerwen Dam and follow the gravel road along the side of the lake, to the top where we can stop for a picnic lunch, then return to the Dam to drive through the Elan Valley to possibly do another green lane. That decision can be made later.

davecarter- if you get yours in time are you up for it?

Pit-Yaka- sounds like you had fun around Gloucs...how about going off road a bit?

and Muckypaws - it sounds like you really tested the 4x4!! Why not come and join us on our Welsh Adventure and show us how it's done!

Possible:

Fuzzybunny ??

Confirmed:

Lady P (with Pimms)

aerofurb

The Plumber

James @ Allams

Come on folks - roll up, roll up and enjoy the fun! It's only a stroll in the park for a YETI - anything more and mine would get dirty and complain!

PS Ask nicely and I'll even show you my sunroof in operation... emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Come on folks - roll up, roll up and enjoy the fun! It's only a stroll in the park for a YETI - anything more and mine would get dirty and complain!

PS Ask nicely and I'll even show you my sunroof in operation... emoticon-0105-wink.gif

and, for a fee, I will NOT play any dance tunes for the entire afternoon... ... ... ... ... I might just sing a bit, though?????

Bore Da.

Returned from my canal holiday now, suitably bruised and aching.......I HATE wide locks!!

And I've had to come to work for 12 hours today......

Looks like a good turn-out can be expected.

Freshacre, careful or I'll bring my song book with me as well. Can't find a suitable folksong about Yeti's yet.

Bore Da.

Returned from my canal holiday now, suitably bruised and aching.......I HATE wide locks!!

And I've had to come to work for 12 hours today......

Looks like a good turn-out can be expected.

Freshacre, careful or I'll bring my song book with me as well. Can't find a suitable folksong about Yeti's yet.

Besides the bumps & bruises I hope you had a good holiday. If the weather in Wales is anything like the East Riding emoticon-0157-sun.gifemoticon-0157-sun.gif then it's is a shame your stuck at work.

Regards,

TP

TP...very pleased :sun: to hear your windscreen should be fixed before our Welsh Adventure :thumbup:

OK listen up Adventurers...as Llanigraham cannot find a folksong about Yetis :no: ...we'll have to write one :o:giggle:..Whose going to start the new thread then :D ...and who is going to be singing it :think:

Lady Penelope :angel:

Hi All,

Very sorry to say I won’t be able to make it due to work commitments down in Somerset. :(

Hope you all have a great time and enjoy it so much that you organise another one (which I can come to) :)

Have a super off road adventure and picnic.

Cheers, David

So it looks like:

Confirmed:

Lady P (with Pimms)

aerofurb

The Plumber

James @ Allams

Anyone else want to join us?

So it looks like:

Confirmed:

Lady P (with Pimms)

aerofurb

The Plumber

James @ Allams

Anyone else want to join us?

James,

can you bring a copy of the new Yeti brochure for me. I "may" be looking to buy a bit sooner than I thought!

Terfyn...do you not fancy this jaunt? or is it too far away from you?

and no Muckypaws, davecarter or Pit-Yaka either? :'(

We'll take lots of photos and encorage you for the next one maybe nearer to you next time?

Hope you all had a great Bank Holiday :)

Besy wishes

Lady Penelope

All,

no one else want to join us?

I have to go to a funeral in Bristol on Friday afternoon, so won't have access to the computer that evening, so I will post meeting details on Thursday. If anyone has any questions before then, please ask away.

Graham

And no doubt people will be welcome to pitch up unaanounced on the day if they feel like it - more the merrier. Don't be shy!

(PS I'm still around, up to my eye balls with a truculaent computer, aircraft maintenance programmes and invoices to write.... emoticon-0124-worried.gif )