Front seats in Elegance

Someone please help me out as I am starting to think I am going mad.

At times when I park my car, specifically overnight I return to find that on some occasions one or both of the front seats have reclined by a number of degrees.

I do normally park on a sloped drive, but have also seen the same when parked on the flat.

Has anyone else observed anything similar

Are they electric or manual?

Used to happen in my mates Nova.

If they're electric, gremlin in the cables / switches? Have you ever noticed them move while your driving?

No longer have my Elegance so can't check it out for you and having to work from memory.

If they are electric, they are probably resetting themselves to one of the positions in the memory. This is controlled by the ignition - (can't remember if it happens when it is switched on or when it is switched off).

What may be happening is that you are adjusting the seat to your position manually but not entering that position into the memory - hence the mysterious readjustment.

There are detailed instructions in the handbook on how to put your choice into the memory. I think there are 3 presets in the memory for different drivers.

hth

No longer have my Elegance so can't check it out for you and having to work from memory.

If they are electric, they are probably resetting themselves to one of the positions in the memory. This is controlled by the ignition - (can't remember if it happens when it is switched on or when it is switched off).

What may be happening is that you are adjusting the seat to your position manually but not entering that position into the memory - hence the mysterious readjustment.

There are detailed instructions in the handbook on how to put your choice into the memory. I think there are 3 presets in the memory for different drivers.

hth

Are you sure you are always using the same key? Each key has its own seat setting for the driver's seat. I suspect if a key has not been allocated a driver's seat setting, then it might be moving the passenger seat due to a bug in the software for RHS cars.

i though i had read in another thread that a few people were having trouble with mysterious moving seats in the elegance and it turned out to be a car software issue?

Correct me if im wrong but its here somewhere....

Cheers People,

I'm going to reset the memory positions on the drivers seat and go from there.

The music from Christine hasn't started playing as yet, its not on the hard disk or SD card, so if a funny radio channel gets tuned in, then i'll know whats happened.

Cheers People,

I'm going to reset the memory positions on the drivers seat and go from there.

The music from Christine hasn't started playing as yet, its not on the hard disk or SD card, so if a funny radio channel gets tuned in, then i'll know whats happened.

This has been discussed in the forum before, started about page 18, can't remember if the problem was finaly sorted.

I have the Elegance (Dec 2008) and have not had this problem, as the only driver only one key fob has been used.

This has been discussed in the forum before, started about page 18, can't remember if the problem was finaly sorted.

I have the Elegance (Dec 2008) and have not had this problem, as the only driver only one key fob has been used.

Any ideas of the forum topic as I searched and cannot find it.

I may have occasionally used the spare key, but that was ages ago.

Funny you should bring this up, as the passenger seat in our Elegance does this from time to time. The wife notices that it reclines slightly by itself, but the other morning it had fallen to less than 45 degrees from the vertical. SWMBO is a pretty laid back individual, but not that much :giggle:

Can't work out a pattern other than it is only ever the passenger seat that does. Very perplexing!!

I thought I remember in the previous thread people thought it was caused by passengers hitting the buttons with the backs of their legs as they were getting out of the car??

I thought I remember in the previous thread people thought it was caused by passengers hitting the buttons with the backs of their legs as they were getting out of the car??

The seats dont move that quickly, they would need to be hitting the switch for some time, not just a quick knock against it. I think my car did this yesterday, going to start keeping an eye on it.

Any ideas of the forum topic as I searched and cannot find it.

I may have occasionally used the spare key, but that was ages ago.

Starts at post no 18 here:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/119583-seat-memory/page__p__1517626__hl__superb%20seat%20memory__fromsearch__1entry1517626

hth