New VRS CR TDI buyer

Today i have been to a couple of dealers looking to buy an Octavia VRS CR

The VAT free offer makes it a good buy against the ibiza FR i was originally looking at.

Have a Leon FR TDi 2007 to trade in.

What options should i be looking at? I see that 18" alloys and Jumbo box are now standard. No Bluetooth without DSG is a strange idea?

Is maxi dot worth having? Looking at white i think, the race blue is great but dare i say "common"!

If going for the hatch then rear parking sensors would probably be a useful addition.

I love the race blue and although a little common it is still the best colour imho.

I believe you can have bluetooth it is just you do not get steering wheel controls for it (control via maxidot and stereo instead).

Maxidot is a cheap extra and used to really lift the dash of the non FL Mk2. However with the FL VRS having a large black LCD screen the improvement is less now. It does give you a little more control over a few features i.e. anti hijack features etc. But in reality you will probably set these once and leave alone so may not be that useful. That said for £120 I would opt for it.

The other options I took were the full leather, heated front seats, sunset glass (ordered and estate), rear parking sensors, maxidot and auto dimming rear view mirror/auto lights.

Edited by PSM

btcc - good choice. :thumbup:

I ordered one in white last monday.

look at my post on the FL octavia register thread for my options - there's loads, but well worth it IMO. :smirk:

WhitevRSYawn.jpg

lots to think over now!

Think i will go for maxidot, got it on the seat

About time skoda had a brighter brochure, doesnt make for very exciting viewing. Looked at an Alfa Mito today, now that brochure is great but i suppose must cost about £20 each!

lots to think over now!

Think i will go for maxidot, got it on the seat

About time skoda had a brighter brochure, doesnt make for very exciting viewing. Looked at an Alfa Mito today, now that brochure is great but i suppose must cost about £20 each!

White is not common...........................the only white one I have seen was the demo the local dealer had in kent

If I see them the blue is the common colour

White is not common...........................the only white one I have seen was the demo the local dealer had in kent

If I see them the blue is the common colour

Ask yourself why you always see blue ones

The options to go for are.Spare wheel,maxi-dot,rear parking sensors,auto dimming rear mirror rain sensor and auto lights and xenons. The colour white is the "in colour" if it was me race blue all the way and i would have leather seats and heated seats.

rob

Just remember when you buy a white car that you'll need to wash it every other day. emoticon-0116-evilgrin.gif

I was thinking that, and i work down a farm drive and country lanes so maybe not ideal choice.

Yellow just isnt really a skoda colour, think i might lose out when its time to trade it in.

Talking myself around to race blue!

Don't choose black either that's as bad as white for showing the dirt.

I'd choose either Anthracite Grey, Brilliant Silver, Race Blue, Corrida Red. The Anthracite & Brilliant Silver are good for hiding the dirt, the Corrida Red will be good for hiding scratches made by brambles & sticks!

I was thinking that, and i work down a farm drive and country lanes so maybe not ideal choice.

Yellow just isnt really a skoda colour, think i might lose out when its time to trade it in.

Talking myself around to race blue!

The Yellow has actually been an option for the VRS from the MK1 right through to the current form so very much a Skoda colour I would say. Although I would still not pick it!!!!

I rarely see a vRS around my way, let alone a white one.

Not fussed about the dirt - have had a black car before so know what to expect.

I just love the look of the white car with the privacy glass and black leather interior - would never have considered a white car before, but saw one in the showroom and loved it.

Race blue is also nice, but I've had an Estoril Blue Beemer before, so went for something different this time.

Well i have now visited 3 dealers and seen the car in Blue and White.

Test drove one today and decided on spec:-

VRS TDI 6 speed manual

Candy White

Spare Wheel

Rear Parking sensors

Maxi dot

Trading in a 2007 leon FR TDI with aero kit, 18s and bluetooth 36K miles

And a Fiat 500 1.4 Sport, loads of toys, 14K miles

Getting quotes all over the place to change, some want £1500 from me and others are offering upto a £1000 cash back. How can there be so much difference!

Also is the 17.5% off the list price of the car or options too?

Yes vat off options too

Thanks for that, not all dealers are offering VAT free options!

I like the car but the dealers seem to know so little about what they are selling its shamefull.

Bought a Fabia VRS years ago, dealer even said "your in luck, we have a diesel one in stock!" then went on the promise they all had 6 disk multi changer, ofcourse it arrived without it and they had to retrofit it.

To be fair its not just a Skoda thing though, i have bought a couple of Seats and found there dealers to be poor also.

Today i have been to a couple of dealers looking to buy an Octavia VRS CR

The VAT free offer makes it a good buy against the ibiza FR i was originally looking at.

Have a Leon FR TDi 2007 to trade in.

What options should i be looking at? I see that 18" alloys and Jumbo box are now standard. No Bluetooth without DSG is a strange idea?

Is maxi dot worth having? Looking at white i think, the race blue is great but dare i say "common"!

Hi im new to this and i myself have ordered a VRS CR TDI over easter In race blue.I dont think its common,Vrs octies are very rare in northern ireland.And as for the options i got the xenons,maxidot and auto dimming rear view mirror/auto lights

Im trading in a Leon FR TDI 550 very poor handling compare to the VRS.My dealer phoned and told me that skoda gave them a build date for week 51.So i should have mine for july B)

Couldnt resist the vat free offer and 7.5% finance deal