When did you get your build week ?

I ordered mine (through DtD) on March 31st and have been told "Your car is currently sitting in week build 31, and is liable to change until we have a confirmed week."

What does that mean?

They first told me 12 - 14 weeks, but at week 31 plus delivery, that's 22 weeks!!!

Edited by NikNak

I ordered mine (through DtD) on March 31st and have been told "Your car is currently sitting in week build 31, and is liable to change until we have a confirmed week."

What does that mean?

They first told me 12 - 14 weeks, but at week 31 plus delivery, that's 22 weeks!!!

it means its scheduled to be built in week 31, but that date might change until skoda confirm a build week

What does that mean?

Thats a very long time .... Just out of interest if you are quoted 12-16 weeks and it starts to creep upto 22 weeks where do you stand legally regarding the return of your deposit ?

When I placed the order for my car on Friday 9 April (end of Week 15) I didn't ask for a build week, but when I went to the dealer three weeks later on 30 April they told me that build is scheduled for Week 32.

Car on order is: Octavia Elegance estate 1.4 TSI + DSG + sunroof + curtain airbags + maxi-dot + light assist + spare wheel + mats + anthracite

NB there is some discussion elsewhere on this forum that the Build Week number is not the same as the Week number that you can see in your calendar, e.g. Outlook, because there is no agreement on when week numbers start, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Week_number#Week_numbering

Perhaps someone can clarify what week numbering Skoda uses?

When I placed the order for my car on Friday 9 April (end of Week 15) I didn't ask for a build week, but when I went to the dealer three weeks later on 30 April they told me that build is scheduled for Week 32.

Car on order is: Octavia Elegance estate 1.4 TSI + DSG + sunroof + curtain airbags + maxi-dot + light assist + spare wheel + mats + anthracite

NB there is some discussion elsewhere on this forum that the Build Week number is not the same as the Week number that you can see in your calendar, e.g. Outlook, because there is no agreement on when week numbers start, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Week_number#Week_numbering

Perhaps someone can clarify what week numbering Skoda uses?

Hmmm, interesting :wonder:

Where did you find out that?

Told by my dealer today. I remember reading week 22 onwards was the week for 2011 spec. and he double checked to confirm.

I got my build date 2 days after I paid my deposit (8th Feb), and it was built on the week stated (15).

I pick the 1.8TSI Scout up this Saturday (tomorrow) .3 Months since I ordered it.

Hope yours goes as smooth as mine.

Regards Bob Wilson

I got my build date 2 days after I paid my deposit (8th Feb), and it was built on the week stated (15).

I pick the 1.8TSI Scout up this Saturday (tomorrow) .3 Months since I ordered it.

Hope yours goes as smooth as mine.

Regards Bob Wilson

Me too Bob :-) What colour and options did you go for ?

Cappuccino and full size Spare wheel ,base Scout Model has everything I need, would have liked folding mirrors, but not an option on its own.

I do need 4X4 where I live 1000 feet up and lots of snow/ice in winter.

Had 2007 Xtrail Aventura 2.2 dci but dont need large towing vehicle any more.

Scout is fantastic value, I only do about 8K a year so 1.8TSI is more cost effective than TDI.

Looking forward to getting it tomorrow!!!