Vmaxx coilovers now added for a bit of low

Had a little job done today...............

.............so these are no longer on the car :)

P1090659.jpg

Edited by Brimma

Are they the V-Maxx coilovers from the German site?

Yep - about £315 delivered + £100 to fit today (big thanks to Paul at PC Automotive in Lincoln) - tracking apparently is as before, but haven't had full alignment test done yet

Paul did say that adjustment of the rears will be a complete pain, so you may want to bear that in mind if you are likely to want to alter them regularly

I wanted them mainly to lower and improve cornering ability, so I don't have a big problem with that

From a brief drive I've had so far, the car certainly corners a lot flatter than it did on the standard set-up, and roll is definitely reduced :thumbup:

Yep - about £315 delivered + £100 to fit today (big thanks to Paul at PC Automotive in Lincoln) - tracking apparently is as before, but haven't had full alignment test done yet

Paul did say that adjustment of the rears will be a complete pain, so you may want to bear that in mind if you are likely to want to alter them regularly

I wanted them mainly to lower and improve cornering ability, so I don't have a big problem with that

From a brief drive I've had so far, the car certainly corners a lot flatter than it did on the standard set-up, and roll is definitely reduced emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Yeah but the ride quality is?.............

Yeah but the ride quality is?.............

............not noticeably different to standard, much to your obvious disappointment :p

Lower....... :rofl: Brimma, have you got any pic's of the flat bottom wheel and your colour coded facia?

Are you cloning my car ? :p

P1080194.jpg

P1000881.jpg

8 buttons on the steering wheel... outer left vol +/-, outer right, track+stn up/down. What do the inner 4 buttons do?

I think the left hand ones operate the bluetooth/phone options, which I don't have, one of the right hand buttons switches between trips 1 and 2 on my non-maxidot screen (surprised that hasn't been rubbed in before now) - not sure about the other one. The important ones for me though are the + and - paddles on the back :thumbup:

Edited by Brimma

not now I've seen that 'orrible interior........ :rofl::rofl::rofl:no jumbo box or rear electric windows!! how primitive!! :giggle:

Neither of which you can tell from the pictures :p

And I only drive in the driver's seat, so what do you need rear electric windows for ?

What you can see are the awesome DSG gear lever and MFD3 :thumbup:

Submit ? :rofl:

Neither of which you can tell from the pictures :p

And I only drive in the driver's seat, so what do you need rear electric windows for ?

What you can see are the awesome DSG gear lever and MFD3 :thumbup:

Submit ? :rofl:

Far point :yes: I do appreciate a DSG gear knob and the MFD3 is rather nice :envy: I also like the funny turny dial things below it, are they for the wood burner? and the dirty drivers mat is a nice touch........ :rofl::D

Ok, ok, I submit :thumbup:

Edited by Pagey1255

Thread title updated to aid search function :thumbup:

Good idea that, I can see a few sets of V-Maxx being purchased.

by the way, I think you need to be having a chat with Wardth about car cloning........ :rofl: out of interest did the MFD3 come with the car? I'm looknig to upgrade from my Stream to a Bolero, and your facia looks different around the radio part.

Edited by Pagey1255

out of interest did the MFD3 come with the car? I'm looknig to upgrade from my Stream to a Bolero, and your facia looks different around the radio part.

No - mine came with the Stream Mp3, and I bought my MFD3 on ebay BEFORE all the huha about whether they are all stolen :thumbup:

You've probably noticed that mine only has climatic air con as well, no climatronic, so that will affect which surround you might need

I'll not be putting "sad eyes" on mine BTW :no:

No - mine came with the Stream Mp3, and I bought my MFD3 on ebay BEFORE all the huha about whether they are all stolen :thumbup:

You've probably noticed that mine only has climatic air con as well, no climatronic, so that will affect which surround you might need

I'll not be putting "sad eyes" on mine BTW :no:

I'm only going for the Bolero myself as I have no real use for integral sat nav. I have climatronic a/c in mine, I just wondered if the Bolero is a different shape to the Stream, if not, it should slip straight in?!

Sorry for the ignorance......."sad eyes"????

I'm only going for the Bolero myself as I have no real use for integral sat nav. I have climatronic a/c in mine, I just wondered if the Bolero is a different shape to the Stream, if not, it should slip straight in?!

Sorry for the ignorance......."sad eyes"????

You'd need to check the shape of the Bolero, as I've never really studied it before

"Sad eyes" = headlamp eyebrows ;)

o2f-fgboem.jpg