Can anyone recommend me a pressure washer?

Jimbo vRS

My Wickes one at about 35 quid does a very adequate job. Only drawback might be it doesn't have wheels, but hey! 110 bar, lance, detergent bottle etc. All you need, really IMHO.

I believe Mark...WaxWizard...doesn't use a very powerful one and he's a Proffesional.

Indeed, his advice is buy the cheapest possible Karcher and spend your money on extension hoses/accessories etc. His is a 'modded' one that has had the pressure reduced slightly, as he uses it with older cars that might not take kindly to the higher pressures.

I have a 5yr old Karcher and it's still going strong.

I'd go with the advice above and spend some cash on accessories. Karcher do a great high pressure nozzle that will clean ANYTHING off a patio in milli seconds, it will do the same to the car paint though. Not sure what the correct name to this accessory is but its about 18 inches long and has a pine cone shaped lump at one end.

I was thinking about getting one, got one at the moment but its a bit old and after cleaning the block paving its never been the same. Wouldn't mind one of the ones on a trolly that they have in halfords but they aint cheap.

Cheers for all the help guys.

Ended up getting a Karcher' date=' complete with both a vario and a high pressure lance. Should keep the old fellla amused on boxing day :cool:

J[/quote']

Which one did you get, how much and where from?

• 1 month later...

do any of you find the pressure washers are good enough on cars without finishing off by hand?

I find mine is great for removing the mud and the worst of the dirt / flies etc but always leaves the road film so I always have to wash it anyway :( makes mine seem a bit of a waste of time ....except for cleaning the paving.

do any of you find the pressure washers are good enough on cars without finishing off by hand?

I find mine is great for removing the mud and the worst of the dirt / flies etc but always leaves the road film so I always have to wash it anyway :( makes mine seem a bit of a waste of time ....except for cleaning the paving.

bought one of those brushes that spins round, cleans all the muck off.

I always jet wash first to wash all the loose stuff off before handwashing with pukka car shampoo (courtesy of the wax wizard), then another jet wash to finish. Then Hydrablade the worst of the water off and dry with an old towel. Jobs a good 'un in about 30 mins.

Personally, I wouldn't let anything that even remotely looks like a brush anywhere near my paintwork. I've seen what they do (Mrs Fen's car, which used to be mine, is a classic example) - swirl and scratch city...