>looks Good Here<

Hi all - first post on this here forum - looks really good...........

I bought a new vRS Octavia saloon last month in black after years of buying VW's and Audi's. Have put 6000 miles on her already and she's going from strength to strength. I am very very impressed. Would never buy another VW or Audi.

Anybody fed up with the ****e sounding stereo? I have a quick fix - the reason it sounds so awful is due to the positioning of the rear tweeters, (right at the front of the rear doors) - if you're tall like me and have the seat all the way back then these are almost in line with your ears and sound really nasty. The solution is to get into the boot and gain access to the rear speakers...........one of the connections on each drives the corresponding channels rear tweeter in the door. Simply disconnect them, then re-set your bass and treble levels to '0' and hey presto...........sounds much better already..............

And why can't you change gear with the drinks holder in use without your elbow knocking it all over your interior? Weird.

Anyway - hope to hook up with some of you in the future maybe..................all the best.............Samster

Sam - welcome to Briskoda!

The tweeter disconnection thing is in our FAQ, as is a tip for improving the bass. You could

also try taking those "carpet puddings" off the backs of the speaker...

Never had any problem changing gear while using the cupholder, just using the handbrake

which is a problem. It's also not particularly effective at holding large cups...

Rob.

Hi Rob - sorry to have posted something that was already in another section of the site..............I haven't had a look around here yet.............I'll go straight there in a mo and have a good read-up..............

Anyway - I'll catch you around....................Sam

I bought mine from Sparshatts in Fareham, Hampshire.....................did a deal on the demonstrator and they gave me a crackin' trade in on my 'x' plate 6-speed Gold TDi................

Wanna see my other black beast?.............her name's Kylie! 164bhp at the back wheel - weighs 220kg - 0 to 100 in under 6.5 seconds - topped her out at a true 191mph last summer at Bruntingthorpe............leaving the UK on Wednesday to take her to LeMans then down thru France to southern Spain for 17 days............can't wait to melt those knee sliders thru the Pyrenees.................

129.attach

Yep,

Greg its still at 34k, nearly 35k now. I am at the moment only using it at weekends and going to meets with it. I think I filled her with fuel once in the whole of May. You will notice the mondy has gone from 101k to 103k though.

Hi Sam. Good to see another biker on here! I too have a blue flame can on mine with a twin spout. I got a Suzi SV650 slowly being streetfightered. Amazing noise it makes with that can. Very Ducati-esque.

Anyone who has heard the car and thought that to be loud. Wait till you hear the bike! :eek: I love annoying my neigbours! :p

Have put 6000 miles on her already and she's going from strength to strength.
Blimey, Sam, are you ever at home! How on earth have you managed to do that sort of mileage in such a short time?

PS Welcome to Briskoda. :D

Originally posted by fab16v in this post

Hi Sam. Good to see another biker on here! I too have a blue flame can on mine with a twin spout. I got a Suzi SV650 slowly being streetfightered. Amazing noise it makes with that can. Very Ducati-esque.

Anyone who has heard the car and thought that to be loud. Wait till you hear the bike! :eek: I love annoying my neigbours! :p

So that makes another biker !!

I too generally P**S Off the neighbours a little as my Bandit 1200 has a Scorpion System on it (with a little sign on it saying something about not being for Highway Use !! Whatever that may mean !!)

Great fun killing the power whilst moving, pumping a little fuel through then re starting !!

Graham

Got to live up to the reputation of the Bike !!

The blue flame has that little stamp too. Though they had the sense to hide it at the bottom of the can so can only be seen if you look very hard! A mate at work reckons it is louder than his old Duc 748 with Termonigoni's! :p

He he. I love it! :ukliam:

As they say guys - 'Loud Pipes save Lives'.............

I do a hell of a lot of motorway work (no I'm not old bill!) and the SuperBlackie was bleedin' dangerous with it's standard cans as nobody could hear me filtering thru lanes 2 and 3......

....two twin-port blueflames have sorted this out though......they're not legal but there's no 'not for road use' stamps on them............'Kylie' is now totally raucous and sets off 3 car alarms in my street every morning as I leave at 6.15! I am sooooo popular with my neighbours - they especially appreciate my 2nd gear rolling burnouts on Sunday afternoons.................lol

132.attach

Try to ''Drive'' my bikes according to the highway code??

I tell you what I could try smoking a pipe whilst wearing a pair of tan-brown sandals....:eek:

.....I mean.........what's the point in having a gun if you never fire it?...........

......of course ncarring, you've never driven that Porker of your's in anger have you now!...............lol

:cheers:

Well you will just have to admit you are putting your life at risk by inventing more lanes than are painted on the road, then. Don't blame the car drivers for not hearing you coming.

My Porker is driven the same as any other car of mine, that is to say - according to the prevailing conditions. I don't invent extra lanes on motorways.

Are you a gun-owner too then? :D

PS and if you ride your bike in sandals and smoking a pipe then well done, but you'll fall off one day trying to re-light it.

No I'm not into guns! - I meant that you don't buy and insure a quick vehicle of any type without letting it off the leash once in a while..........you've gotta know what she can do haven't you?

FYI - part of your motorcycle examination includes 'filtering' between traffic.................filtering between lanes 2 and 3 is totally legal........the police teach it on every advanced training course I've attended...............and you can't get nicked for doing it.

I fully appreciate the risks and take every action to mitigate against these. As a rule I don't filter more than 20 mph faster than the cars......especially when the cars are stationary and more likely to 'lane hop' to gain another car or two's distance on the others............

The point here is that people ride bikes in order to progress through traffic..........why should I sit behind a queue of cages? Increasingly these days everybody in cars seems to insist on driving in lane 3, thinking they will get to their destination quicker, the reality is that in fact they would get there quicker were they to use the these days relatively empty lanes 1 and 2..........crazy innit!

Have good weekend - I'm outta here.................Sam

:cheers:

Well you learn something new every day. Thanks for that insight Sam.

People nowadays do ride bikes to "progress through traffic". Unfortunately some (one might be tempted to suspect you are one from the tag line in your signature) seem to think car drivers are mere obstacles, to be cut up, ripped off, undertaken, have their mirrors knocked off and generally get p*ssed off by bike riders who are able to "filter" (nice euphemism) through lanes of traffic, whatever speed they're currently moving at.

At the same time the bikers whinge that the car drivers aren't being careful enough not to kill them by changing lanes when being undertaken (or "filtered") by a bike which appeared in the last few fractions of a second when the car driver was looking elsewhere.

I'm merely pointing out that there are responsibilities on both sides.

And you've finished for the weekend already? Sheesh - I want a job like yours!!

Have a good one.... :cheers:

I'm with Sam on this one.

There are bad drivers and bad riders but proportionatly bad drivers outnumber bad riders in percentage terms by quite a way. Why? Bad riders die, simple as that whereas a bad driver in his 1.5 tonne metal box may get away with it.

"Filtering" is not a euphemism, it is the correct term that instructors, the police and IIRC the highway code use.

Sam, ever burnt a hole in someones bumper with your exhaust? :D