new wheels fitted

got me new 18" wheels fitted today on 225/40/18 tyres

i like the new look but now think she needs lowering

also in the middle of the spokes there is a shallow flute wich i am considering doing red

looking for opinions and lets all be honnest i wont cry much :'(

28052010149.jpg

28052010151.jpg

and heres before

CIMG8095.jpg

looks good mate, i was torn between spraying my wheels white or black but happened across some free black paint :giggle: like the grill aswell dif to the normal black :thumbup:

agreed it does need lowering and i would also remove the door strips just so there's less black and then you will notice the wheels more (just my opinion tho) :thumbup:

just put some old red stripe in the spokes to see how it would look

i think this is the way to go but will obviously have to paint the red in

i think the next thing for me is lower the car

i did try removing the door mouldings but i did not like the look i felt there was something missing the doors looked too big

28052010153.jpg

28052010154.jpg

Have been contemplating getting mine powdercoated white. Looks really good, but leave the red stripe off.

How did you do the chrome bit on the grill, was it easy?

Edited by Choongmu

Guest westallc

i still think white spiders would look so much better

but have to say that car is clllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Have been contemplating getting mine powdercoated white. Looks really good, but leave the red stripe off.

How did you do the chrome bit on the grill, was it easy?

when i painted the chrome surround in the grill all ii did was remove the grill from the car i did try to split the grill to make things easier but this was not going to happen as things felt like they would break so all i did was cheat and sand the chrome with 180 grit sandpaper making sure i got every edge possible as everyone knows paint does not stick to chrome very well, once sanded i then used a acid etch primer to eat into the chrome surface then a light coat of regular primer and then the colour all done in about a hour but it transforms the front of the car

also decided to give the red stripe a miss i think i agree with you all that it is a bit too much my boss has just described it as a england flag :'(

thanks for the coments about how clean the car is i do keep on top of it cleaning and waxing about 2-3 times a week but the pics with the white wheels on the car has a thick layer of dust on from being in the bodyshop all day as i also got me a new rear bumper fitted with a exhaust hole to fit the exhaust instead of the wide opening i had wich looks a lot neater from the back now ,my exhaust does not look lost anymore

Thanks for all the coments everyone :thumbup:

love white wheels on red cars but i think multi spokes would of looked better but each to their own and i agree with the red stripe on them take it off way to much going on but wheels still look good thou