First MOT VRS SE

Good old VRS past it's MOT today. Put it in three weeks before warranty expired, and dealer changed worn consule bushes for the new type. New design is almost a solid bush and looks well up to the job. Front end feels tighter, and no drift to the left.

Courtesy car was a Fabia Estate 1.6 common rail diesel 105BHP with just 300 miles on the clock. Felt sluggish but engine still tight. Didn't much care for it actually, but my God the brakes were vicious! Almost like an on off switch . :rofl:

Good old VRS past it's MOT today. Put it in three weeks before warranty expired, and dealer changed worn consule bushes for the new type. New design is almost a solid bush and looks well up to the job. Front end feels tighter, and no drift to the left.

Courtesy car was a Fabia Estate 1.6 common rail diesel 105BHP with just 300 miles on the clock. Felt sluggish but engine still tight. Didn't much care for it actually, but my God the brakes were vicious! Almost like an on off switch . :rofl:

When did the console bush design change? Had mine changed in January this year by the main stealer on its service

Edited by Morg

They changed a few months ago, more of a X shape rather than a + shape to the rubber. However if you were to get a new console it could quite well come with the old style bush fitted.

Yours did better on its first MOT than my bosses car, it failed today on an incorrectly fitted tyre. Totally coincidental that it had its wheels (warranty) replaced recently. Goog idea to get it done early, as it saves alot of messing about trying to get some good will from the manufacturer.

I had my console bushes changed by the dealer back in December, I was told then that they were a new design and dealers were under instruction not to fit the old type. They were described to me as being similar in design to the Octavia bushes.

What was the mileage when you had the MOT done? I ask because I'm getting a lot of knocking through the steering wheel (not bad, and definately more felt than heard) and I suspect the console bushes of being worn. However, whenever I complain about it the dealer says there isn't anything wrong and you have to expect some wear as soon as you drive off the forecourt. I'm coming up to a service and MOT too and I'm trying to work out how hard to push it. It could cause some aggro though because my dealer also claims to only stock serviceable items, which mean if they find anything out of the ordinary it's a return trip once they've got the parts. Aaaarrrrggghhhh.

fffffffttttt this annoys me, the reason I no longer drive a skoda is because they wouldn't replace the console bushes under warrenty, saying it was normal wear and tear (60k! no less! the fiat has done 97k and has been MOT'd and doesn't need any bushes!) but skoda insisted they wouldn't replace them, and I insisted it was a design fault as proved by the ammount of failures on polo and fabia, they said NOT! so why have they uprated them if its not a design fault?! F******* anoying. (rant over, sorry, I had a long drawn out argument with SUK them failing to honour their warrenty)

What was the mileage when you had the MOT done? I ask because I'm getting a lot of knocking through the steering wheel (not bad, and definately more felt than heard) and I suspect the console bushes of being worn. However, whenever I complain about it the dealer says there isn't anything wrong and you have to expect some wear as soon as you drive off the forecourt. I'm coming up to a service and MOT too and I'm trying to work out how hard to push it. It could cause some aggro though because my dealer also claims to only stock serviceable items, which mean if they find anything out of the ordinary it's a return trip once they've got the parts. Aaaarrrrggghhhh.

Me too!

Did the dealer replace these under warranty?

Also what's the best thing to do...get it MOT'd at an independent or get it done at the dealers with a service? I had the new style console bushes installed to my gf's car. But i expect the ones the SE has, are the old old ones. So if they need fixing i'd be fuming if i'd have to stump up for it. They'd want about £180 for it...

Me too!

Did the dealer replace these under warranty?

Also what's the best thing to do...get it MOT'd at an independent or get it done at the dealers with a service? I had the new style console bushes installed to my gf's car. But i expect the ones the SE has, are the old old ones. So if they need fixing i'd be fuming if i'd have to stump up for it. They'd want about £180 for it...

I guess it depends on the dealer you use. My dealer (West End Skoda) have been excellent from day one when I bought the car. Given that they replaced the bushes under warranty, proves that SUK will pay a dealer to do the work. Either that, or my dealer has absorbed the cost, which wouldn't surprise me, they are so good. They also replaced front and rear Skoda badges, which had some edge corrosion on them.

Had the chance to chuck the car through a few corners this afternoon. Front end feels planted, definitely less power understeer. Tracks straight and true on a level road as well, no more following camber.

The new bushes do indeed look very similar to Octavia Mk2 consule bushes.