A Couple of Skodas from the GTI-Treffen at Woerthersee....

rainking

Me and the missus and a couple of mates spent a week mid-May down at Woerthersee in Austria for the GTI-Treffen....

An AWESOME even visited by hundreds of thousands of people and modded motors.....

This year, for the first time Skoda were in attendance showing off the new Furby vRS...

Here's a selection of some of the 8500 Pics we took....

The full set will end up all here: http://www.flickr.co...57623954945661/

:rofl::rock:

4615791778_94e7076841.jpg

4615184693_6b30937304.jpg

Reverse rake stance fail :thumbdown: with headlight brows for added fail. :giggle:

Nice photos though. Pity they're so small.

Airbags of win.... ;)emoticon-0148-yes.gif

There are bigger versions on the link I posted at the top...... I just posted up the smaller ones.....

There are bigger versions on the link I posted at the top...... I just posted up the smaller ones.....

Ah, sorry :blush:

Airbags of win.... ;)emoticon-0148-yes.gif

That one's definitely bagged? I know the black estate is.

Ah, sorry :blush:

That one's definitely bagged? I know the black estate is.

Yep, definitely bagged.... saw it roll into the Shell Garage in Velden (there's like a mini-meet there all the way through the show week) and the sills were on the tarmac, then he lifted it up to drive out....

Just looking at the full set. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. So going next year.

That's not the full set (yet) we're still processing!!! i think we may be up to the first day of the actual show.....

Definitely going next year... been going since 2004...... There's just NOTHING that compares to it over here... it's worth the 2000 mile round trip B)

WOW, nice motor's and a nice show to attend.............. :thumbup:

It's an AWESOME event....

the sheer variety of cars and the way Volkswagen AG get behind it (especially since both Skoda and Seat had a presence there) is just superb. The atmosphere is completely unlike anything I've experienced in the UK.... in the Audi 'Arena' they had a new A8, RS5 and R8 Spyder (amongst others) mostly unlocked, and with a nudge towards one of the staff they'd grab the keys to the R8 and start it and rev it.. hard... B)

Some proper nutters over there like. Looks like a cracking event though. Some of the cars are insane.

Would love to go. Will think about it for next year or the year after. How much roughly does it cost for the week? Briskoda convoy. :rofl:

I love G60 Limiteds, but I always feel a bit sad when I see them. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for not buying one when I had the chance. :(

VW at its very, very best.

4644755143_a9be5992e1_o.jpg

4644754735_a90390d0e0_o.jpg

:'( :'(

I love G60 Limiteds, but I always feel a bit sad when I see them. I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for not buying one when I had the chance. emoticon-0101-sadsmile.gif

VW at its very, very best.

4644755143_a9be5992e1_o.jpg

4644754735_a90390d0e0_o.jpg

emoticon-0106-crying.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gif

100% Agree!

Bloomin rare sight !

Mk2 Rallye was another favourite! emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Some proper nutters over there like. Looks like a cracking event though. Some of the cars are insane.

Would love to go. Will think about it for next year or the year after. How much roughly does it cost for the week? Briskoda convoy. :rofl:

4 of us went this year, hired a Touran for the week, all in was about £400 each including food, beer and entry to the show/car pass, all the Diesel (we did 2700 miles) a house for the week and a hotel on the way out....

not too bad really! (you could take £120 off each if you weren't hiring the car!) but we averaged 55mpg.

100% Agree!

Bloomin rare sight !

Mk2 Rallye was another favourite! emoticon-0148-yes.gif

There were two G60 Ltd's there.... I :heart: them! :p

4 of us went this year, hired a Touran for the week, all in was about £400 each including food, beer and entry to the show/car pass, all the Diesel (we did 2700 miles) a house for the week and a hotel on the way out....

not too bad really! (you could take £120 off each if you weren't hiring the car!) but we averaged 55mpg.

Deffinently going to go next year. I would just take the Octavia over. Just get the boat then do what you done.

I would be up for a few of us getting a house for the week if theres more interest. Cheap way to do it.

Deffinently going to go next year. I would just take the Octavia over. Just get the boat then do what you done.

I would be up for a few of us getting a house for the week if theres more interest. Cheap way to do it.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend a house....

Camping is fine... but it can be a bit.... full on!

I'd love to go in the GTI, or the Fabia... but it'd be a squash for the 4 of us that go, with all the luggage for the week.... plus it would limit the amount of Gösser Bier we could bring back... plus the Golf is a tad thirstier than it's DERV counterparts!

The Touran was a god send! previously we've taken my parent's Passat Wagon(s) and one year when 6 of us went, we took our old VW T3 'Wedge' Multivan which was a brilliant way to do it... full steel sliding sunroof and a sliding door... the only problem was drunk foreigners mistaking us for the "Shuttle Booos!" :rofl:

That was petrol powered though and the Euro was at a much better rate then! it'd be a bit costly now!

Aye, I'd be up for that. :thumbup: