help! should i get a remap?

hi all, im thinking ov gettin my 58 octavia vrs tdi (cr) remapped but iv heard when done they have a problem with the dpf, has any 1 experienced this problem? keeping in mind reliability the priority is it worth doing,if so where is the best place 2 go and how much should i expect 2 pay?

DPF is the Diesel Particulate Filter.

I would speak to Ben @ Shark Performance. He can do remaps for the diesel engines and from what i have read no-one has had DPF issues with his software.

He can also do the DPF delete aswell iirc :thumbup:

iv just been on2 shark performance website they quoted £449 is that a good price? or could i get it cheeper if i ring him? its just angel tuning quoted £300 is it worth payin more or not?

If you join freedom on here I think you get 10% off.

I can't comment on Angel tuning. All I know is all the reviews I have read about Bens software and service is exceptional :thumbup:

iv just been on2 shark performance website they quoted £449 is that a good price? or could i get it cheeper if i ring him? its just angel tuning quoted £300 is it worth payin more or not?

After consideration of other tuners, ones local to me etc I got in touch with Ben at Shark performance and decided to go down there. He was just straight up about everything, no Bull **** :rofl:

I'm gettin mine done on Friday next week and I'll be sure to put a post up on my feedback! Seems like there are plenty of satisfied customers on here though!

The torque and power on my map is very smooth and I still get 35+ mpg!

So did your economy get better or worse after the map? I drove down to Leeds from newcastle and averaged 41 mpg on the motorway which i was quite happy with :thumbup:

So did your economy get better or worse after the map? I drove down to Leeds from newcastle and averaged 41 mpg on the motorway which i was quite happy with emoticon-0148-yes.gif

My TFSI was always around 35 mpg as standard and now with the remap, I can get up to 40 mpg on my drive upto Warrington. The car is more economical to drive on a day to day basis, as it has more useable power.

My TFSI was always around 35 mpg as standard and now with the remap, I can get up to 40 mpg on my drive upto Warrington. The car is more economical to drive on a day to day basis, as it has more useable power.

Ah right cheers for that :thumbup: I think the TSI economy figures are slightly better to start with are they not?

i went the revo route and have no problems at all,42 mpg round town and 50 plus on a run,torque is so much better and has transformed the car,the best thing that ive done so far.

If you join freedom on here I think you get 10% off.

I can't comment on Angel tuning. All I know is all the reviews I have read about Bens software and service is exceptional :thumbup:

hi, how to you join freedom on here to get the discount? im loking to buy shark performance STS :)

thanks

jordan

hi, how to you join freedom on here to get the discount? im loking to buy shark performance STS :)

thanks

jordan

Click the button that says subscriptions then purchase either a 1 or 2 year membership (£12 or £20)

One thing you should do before you even consider doing a remap is to check with your insurance company to see if they'll continue to insure you or how much extra they'll charge you to cover the car. You may find that because of the hike in premiums it's not actually viable.

If you do it the other way around & get the remap first, you may find that you're not covered at all if you were unfortunate enough to have an accident on the way home from having it done.

what is freedom and how do i join? is there any cost?

'Freedom' is the name of the subscription package on this site, you pay £12 or £20 for one or two years respectively which goes towards the running of the site. As well as discounts with some sponsors you freedom under your username plus you can choose a custom title and other benefits.

John