Door Handles

Last year the dull grey coating started to peel away from my drivers side interior door handle. After scratching away I was left with a darker black colour. The passenger side door handle has stared to do the same now. Has anyone had the same problems? Has anyone brought new trim door handles? If so how much did it cost?

Regards

Last year the dull grey coating started to peel away from my drivers side interior door handle. After scratching away I was left with a darker black colour. The passenger side door handle has stared to do the same now. Has anyone had the same problems? Has anyone brought new trim door handles? If so how much did it cost?

Regards

£50 for a full 4 door set, cant be avoided, it happens as soon as a ring or a key hits it, auto gear shift suffers the same fate, delamination is the term for it.

My mate at work has a 02 plate passat sport which has a carbon effect finish,looks very smart on black door cards, I wonder how much they cost from VAG ?.

All my doors have done this and even the back doors the piece of metal that seperates the quarter light from the main window has done it. I suspect my car has always been a car ferrying about a young family :D

I have a bit of this "visual problem" too, but by far more annoying was the delamination of the driver's door handle. I bought a new one of these for £12 from Skoda and looks and feels good. When the door handles get worse I will get these changed too but currently not too bad in my case (80k miles)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm intrested in knowing this too. I can see you can get the one for the drivers side in chrome (check VW) but have not found any interior door handles.

I'm intrested in knowing this too. I can see you can get the one for the drivers side in chrome (check VW) but have not found any interior door handles.

The same handles are fitted to the Octavia, and Passat and possibly other models in the VAG range to keep costs down

• 3 weeks later...

Nackuk, on 31 August 2010 - 21:26, said:

The same handles are fitted to the Octavia, and Passat and possibly other models in the VAG range to keep costs down

I think there might be some confusion here... over the terminology used... door handle, when maybe door pull would be more appropriate (or not!)

The thread started on the topic of peeling door interior handles - the ones you use to shut the door from the inside.

These are not necessarily the same across VAG models (I've seen Passats that are different in shape - N/S/F being more square in profile), though I know a version of the O/S/F is available in chrome finish.

The other handle, which you pull to open the door from the inside, is chrome in all Superbs - isn't it?

Or is it just me that's confused :S

Edited by sidewaze samm

I ment this one myself.

The thread started on the topic of peeling door interior handles - the ones you use to shut the door from the inside.

The plastic top coating is easily scratch off.