Sump guard/Front splitter.

Hi all, two parter for you....

1/ wallop, bang, bye bye sump! Was doing a bit of speed and got caught off guard by a low level ramp in the tarmac, I took off and cranked my sump. No biggy, its getting fixed, but I was told that on the octavia the sump hangs rather low. So I was wondering if there was anyway of protecting it? I've heard there is a super rare sump guard for the fab but what abou the Oct?

2/ Leon front splitter; worth while mod?

Thanks,

Damian.

1. Not super rare, it's police spec and available from a Skoda dealer. Probably better off with a steel bottomed sump ala Forge or Awesome.

2. Yes but you need to be even more careful of low flying bumps, especially if lowered. Though they do take a good wallop, I've bashed mine loads :giggle:

Edited by Bertee

Not necessarily, I have given my splitter a proper face plant on a real dodgy piece of tarmac and it came off without any real damage.

I think the splitter is more flexible than the sump lol

Found out today I got rather lucky, I split the sump exactly where the turbo connects to it!

You might be better off getting a shallow sump like on this link

http://www.psituning.com/shop/section.php/553/1/xs_pricehl/engine

I am thinking of this as I ripped my splitter off a few times.

The sump guard is actually dearer.

Can anyone link to a guide on how to install the Splitter? I've tried Google, but can't find anything and a search on here reveals loads of threads, but not on installing a splitter for some reason.

thanks

Take the front bumper off first, loads of guides on here and internet.

Then get some tape to hold the splitter in place and where you want it, cut down the centre lugs on the splitter, (makes sense when you see it). Drill some pilot holes and use self tappers, done in ten mins.

Take the front bumper off first, loads of guides on here and internet.

Then get some tape to hold the splitter in place and where you want it, cut down the centre lugs on the splitter, (makes sense when you see it). Drill some pilot holes and use self tappers, done in ten mins.

Wow that easy, thought there was going to be all sorts of brackets and clips to install :D

Cheers

Just a thought, if the sump's smaller doesn't that mean there's gonna be less oil?? If so that can't be good for the engine can it??

Although the sump is shallower it is slightly wider so oil capacity is the same. Think it comes with a smaller pick up pipe too.