Wood trim kits for Superb 2?

Why so many protests? I have 'Bentley'd up' my Passat and I love the matching wood on the dash and around the window switches. It's walnut in the Passat. i just feel the door cards are a little plain so that the electric window switches could do with a little more of the matching fake wood trim that makes the door cappings and dash trim, as is, so distinguished already in the Elegance interior. Wood looks amazing with the ivory colour. After all the part of any car one sees them most of is the interior. I added wood trims in our Fabia, which, in Elegance trim, was already very smart. It looked wonderful. I'm someone who loves his car, and our Passat is 10 this year. When we buy our Superb Combi in about 3 years' time, when we retire (we work abroad, get tax concessions at the right moment) it will be the very best possible - Amazon Green metallic with the Chinese part wood steering wheel and the anthracite coloured alloys, and everything possible in an Elegance to make my dream car. The Superb is worth it, such a lovely design. It will probably be the last car we ever buy. Apart from a Yeti for short journeys and country runs, if we can afford both. Please don't be snobs about wood. I don't want a car with an interior like the inside of a bloody coal mine like so many - we like colour and lightness. i will persuade SWMBO that we should also have the huge sunroof as well.

Now please help me look out for that wood extra - why not?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I found it! Available in OEM matching, to finish off the wood trim inside, especially around the door switches. It's not 'pimping' and gives lasting and luxurious pleasure, especially to a beige interior. Why do so many want to live inside a coal mine? Cleanliness? it's so easy to keep a light interior in pristine condition, really. This would be so attractive inside an L&K.

For those of you (apparently few) interested:- http://www.carid.com/2010-skoda-superb-wood-grain-dash-kits/

I found it! Available in OEM matching, to finish off the wood trim inside, especially around the door switches. It's not 'pimping' and gives lasting and luxurious pleasure, especially to a beige interior. Why do so many want to live inside a coal mine? Cleanliness? it's so easy to keep a light interior in pristine condition, really. This would be so attractive inside an L&K.

For those of you (apparently few) interested:- http://www.carid.com/2010-skoda-superb-wood-grain-dash-kits/

Had a look at that site but it is for left hand drive models only. Not much use in the UK :(

I am looking at getting the wood look in my Superb as well, so you are not the only one looking into this. However, I am thinking of taking a different approach and using wood effect Vinyl over the existing silver trim using something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120732006148&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_5998wt_1156

It would be great if we could see some pics of how it looks installed !!

The one that best would fit is the OEM one, but what about the others called "real wood"? are they really of real wood?

Do it really looks like factory installed? can it be removed?

Please, pics!!

• 2 weeks later...

In general these kits are made using heavy lacquer over a thin wafer of real wood. Obviously for the Superb the OEM kit will be imitation wood like the original wood already fitted. The quality is excellent and they are backed with very strong Scotch tape sticky stuff that does not peel off. After many years they can fade if the car is left out in hot sunshine for long periods. This has started happening in our 11 year old Passat but it still looks pretty good. They really do look like factory fits if you put them in place carefully.

I am looking at getting the wood look in my Superb as well, so you are not the only one looking into this. However, I am thinking of taking a different approach and using wood effect Vinyl over the existing silver trim using something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120732006148&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_5998wt_1156

This stick on Vinyl can look very effective, I remember seeing the Mini that was applied with the Carbon Fibre on Wheeler Dealers - that was very good.

You just have to be vary careful putting it on otherwise it'll look like the stuff you used to buy in Woolies!

• 1 year later...

I have used these products before, on my vectra wood trim matched well very good finish . It is for the superb mark2 and yes its lhd fitting but you can still use the

vast majority of the kit.

My problem is which of the woods to go for to get the best match on my superb as skoda just say wood decor they do not say what they based the decor on .

Can some till me whitch they think is the closest to the OEM On my car please.

with the begie leather interior wood is best hate shiny fake or real steel finish on cars so cheap looking .wood and chrome for me..

car buyers have been brain washed in to black with metallic finish we are not all sheep .

Talked to a local dealer in Belgium yesterday. I asked about be able to identify a second hand Elegance by looking for wooden trim in pictures, and he said no. Told me if he sold 10 Elegance spec cars, 8 times the owner asks to have the wood trim replaced by the silver looking one. They change it at the dealer, not at the factory.

Maybe drop by your dealer, I could imagine a couple of wooden trim kits sitting in the warehouse...

• Like 1

Maybe drop by your dealer, I could imagine a couple of wooden trim kits sitting in the warehouse...

In the UK we get the silver trim as std, you have to pay extra for the wood trim option.

• 1 year later...

Hello!

For all of you wishing to Bentley-up your Superbs, I've found that the Chinese version of the steering wheel is available at Taobao!

This is mine!

DSC_0868.JPG?_subject_uid=61620623&w=AAB

Edited by javinv