Help with colour choice please

Ordering my new Skoda Superb Estate tomorrow 170bhp DSG Elegance.

Was planning on Space Grey but having second thoughts - would silver be safer?

Current car is black and is a nightmare to keep clean

Any thoughts or other colour suggestions?

If your main concern is not having to constantly keep clean, as with black, ANY colour will be OK bar white. I think the dark blue and brunello (red) could also be hard work.

Any of the grey colours, including the darker anthracite do really well. I'm getting an aqua blue metallic - sounds awful but is a silver with a hint of blue.

Silver is always a safe option but I'd go with something with more colour. Saw a steel grey in the flesh last week, looked good!

Ordering my new Skoda Superb Estate tomorrow 170bhp DSG Elegance.

Was planning on Space Grey but having second thoughts - would silver be safer?

Current car is black and is a nightmare to keep clean

Any thoughts or other colour suggestions?

I chose Steel Grey for my Superb hatch back in November. I have not regretted it. It seems to change colour under different skys. Under a dull sky it is simply grey. Under a blue sky it gains a hint (only a hint) of blue, which is presumable where the steel in the name comes from. I would definately recommend the Steel Grey.

For ease of cleaning silver based cars are the easiest (Aqua Blue and Steel Grey included) all darker colours are harder to keep clean and will show any imperfections (chips and scratches) up more, obviously avoid white as well!

For ease of cleaning silver based cars are the easiest (Aqua Blue and Steel Grey included) all darker colours are harder to keep clean and will show any imperfections (chips and scratches) up more, obviously avoid white as well!

Having had Silver, yes it is probably the easiest to keep clean, I now have White, thought it'd be hard to keep clean, but to be honest, add the mudflaps and it's not as bad as the dark colours.

I owned a silver top half /grey lower half Subaru Outback for the past 4 years. That car could go for weeks on end and not look dirty. I'm hoping my Cappucino Beige Scout recently ordered will be similar, not that I could bear to let a brand new car go for weeks without some pampering :smirk: .

I owned a silver top half /grey lower half Subaru Outback for the past 4 years. That car could go for weeks on end and not look dirty. I'm hoping my Cappucino Beige Scout recently ordered will be similar, not that I could bear to let a brand new car go for weeks without some pampering :smirk: .

How about two tone :rofl:

new-superb-1-small.jpg

• 1 month later...

Purchased a bright silver Superb on the 18th of March.....haven't washed it yet and it still looks clean....alloys are mankey though....

Buddy bought a black one in December ...filthy the next day.

I chose Amethyst.

Not sure of the colour, but it will be the new colour to have, and I am sick of Black and Silver.

I have a Black Altea XL... looks great when clean but bad when it is slightly dirty...costing me a fortune in cleaning, lovely Seat 5 Spoke 17" Alloys look great but no Skoda Aloys with the same look!!!!

I have sayed with the standard 17" Wheels for my SE

I Think the Amethyst is a Cop-Out... no cleaning and looking good.... I hope?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone seen a Storm Blue Estate at all?

Don't know why everyone reckons white is so hard to keep clean? It's far better than dark colours and doesn't show dents, scrapes or stone chips as easily!!

Anyone seen a Storm Blue Estate at all?

Don't know why everyone reckons white is so hard to keep clean? It's far better than dark colours and doesn't show dents, scrapes or stone chips as easily!!

I've got a Storm Blue Octavia. As previously stated, dark colours do show scratches and dirt, but can really sparkle in any sunshine. The Storm Blue comes alive then with highlights on creases and a deep lustre sparkle to the body. But when the sun is not shining on it (most of the time???) it just looks like a flat navy blue!

Chris