Auto close/open windows

i dont think the geniune vagcom lead will work with the komfort manager software as somehow the vagcom lead installs itself as a peice of hardware rather than a usb connection.

should you not select the usb option in vagcom for it to find the lead too rather than com 3?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to select one of the COM options as the ebay leads are not actually USB, they're USB > Serial. I think if you have a proper USB cable from Ross-Tech then you can use the USB option.

DBP I am getting exactly the same screens as you have posted above. If I set the COM port for USB Serial in device manager to COM1 then VAG-Com is able to successfully test and LED scan on COM3, however if I set it to COM3 then when I try testing that in VAG-Com it says the port is in use.

In the Setup section of Motordiag, as long as I don't do any testing on COM3 in VAG-Com, I can successfully test COM3 in Motordiag (again, with the USB Serial set to COM1), but then when I try to do the "Aktivace Oken" thing it fails with the "Jednotka Neodpovida" message and if I try to test the port again in Motordiag it fails.

I'm going to try again over the weekend with my work laptop (running Win XP) and not bother installing any drivers off the disk that came with it, I'll see what Windows installs instead. I was trying to uninstall the drivers I had put on last night but the laptop wasn't having it.

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

Hey,

I have a cheapo ebay cable and had it set to COM3 on both device manager and VCDS but it still wouldn't do anything. I went to the USB-Serial device manager entry, advanced options, then changed the latency from 16 to 2. It then worked. Not sure this'll solve your problem, but may help...

Anyway, I'll be trying this window thing tonight.

Cheers,

Tom

then changed the latency from 16 to 2. It then worked. Not sure this'll solve your problem, but may help...

I'll give that a go. I heard back from the ebay seller today and apparently he can send me a zip file of new drivers as he has had a few people saying the drivers on the CDs with the cables are crap.

The drivers I'm using came on CD with the cable and were in both the VCDS Lite folder and 409.1 folder. I'm assuming they're meant for the proper VAG-COM cable? They're not digitally signed.

Anyway, they work fine for me now I've changed the latency, have seen people talking about the drivers here http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm but haven't tried them myself as I've got it working...

Best of luck!

Hey,

I have a cheapo ebay cable and had it set to COM3 on both device manager and VCDS but it still wouldn't do anything. I went to the USB-Serial device manager entry, advanced options, then changed the latency from 16 to 2. It then worked. Not sure this'll solve your problem, but may help...

Anyway, I'll be trying this window thing tonight.

Cheers,

Tom

How do you change the latency?

I've finally managed to get it working :)

I did quite a few things differently this time so will try and run down what I have done, but I think the main points to remember are to change the latency etc and to not use any of the stuff that comes on the CD with the cable. :thumbup:

After finding I couldn't install new programs onto my work laptop I plumbed new depths of desperation and transplanted my home PC into the back of my car... Haynes manual makes a great mouse mat...

computerincar.jpg

So this time round:

1. I was using WinXP

2. I didn't use the drivers or VAG-Com on the CD that came with the cable, instead I downloaded the drivers from this thread (you need to unzip them to your desktop) and a copy of VCDS Lite from the Ross-Tech Site

3. Plugged the cable into the car with ignition switched on, plugged other end into USB port on computer

4. Computer came up with the found new hardware window, told it to search for drivers in a specific location and pointed it at the folder on the desktop with the downloaded drivers. It had to install the drivers twice for some reason, it was like it found two devices. I pointed it at the same folder the second time round.

5. Checked the port in Device Manager and it was showing as USB Serial Port (COM3)

6. Opened VCDS and performed a TEST on COM3 port which was successful

Now is where it gets a bit complicated. It seemed to work ok for VCDS but every time I tried to do the autoclose window thing in Motordiag it cocked up the connection with the "Jednotka Neodpovida" message me and Fatty got previously. So the next thing I did:

6. Open the port in device manager and under "Advanced" change the latency timeout from 16 seconds to 2 seconds, and change the transmitted and recieved rates to 64 (I think the default is 4096).

7. I then performed a TEST on COM3 in VCDS and it was successful

8. Then clsoed VCDS, opened up Motordiag and pressed "Aktivace Oken" and it worked!

I got this stuff come up to show it was successful:

motordiag.jpg

Hope this goes some way to helping anyone having problems, as I said before I don't think it's essential to do it on WinXP but the two things I would recommend trying are using the downloadable drivers and changing the latency and data transfer rate settings of the port :thumbup:

Edited by chicken_eyebrow

Cheers Chicken. Tomorrow I am defiantly all over this! Going to have to format the laptop first but straight after work I am on the case!

Cheers for doing the tutorial Chicken, it worked fine! One big thing though... it doesnt close my windows haha :rofl: :rofl: I pressed active offel what ever it says and it was like "yeah mate its a good'un" in czech so I put down the windows, jumped out of the car, pressed the lock button and nothing. Went back into it and the boxes where checked is Kosovo chicken (the last box on the left) so I don't know what todo now, any ideas?

Do your windows close with the key in the door? (put key in drivers door lock, lock the car then hold it locked for a few seconds, if the windows and sunroof are open they should then close)

I didn't have to check any boxes when I did it, just pressed "Aktivace Oken" although Bertee said he checked two boxes when he did his?

Have you held down the lock or unlock button on the keyfob?? Think it works the same as when you use the key

Just tried it now and it worked fine. I didnt hold it down enough last time.

Edited by DBP

Now most of us have conqured that problem let me thow another spanner in the works....

When you first get in and turn the engine on the seat belt bonger goes off when you are not wearing a seatbelt. Now I always wear a seatbelt and understand why it goes off, but for 5secs then off even though the belt isnt plugged in. What on earth is the point of that!? Is there anyway of taking it off using Vag-com?

If I had to I would even increase the bong, so that it didn't go off until I put my belt in. I get in every morning and shout at it as I get set up. I like to make it question its existance :).

Now most of us have conqured that problem let me thow another spanner in the works....

When you first get in and turn the engine on the seat belt bonger goes off when you are not wearing a seatbelt. Now I always wear a seatbelt and understand why it goes off, but for 5secs then off even though the belt isnt plugged in. What on earth is the point of that!? Is there anyway of taking it off using Vag-com?

You don't need VAG-COM, just unplug the connector under the seat !