Turning Alarm Off

Hi everyone

My Octy has developed a fault with the alarm.

It went off at 4.20 this morning :swear: I unlocked the car then, after checking everything, locked it again.

It went off again about 15 minutes later :thumbdown:

Booked it in to be looked at (next Wednesday). I asked if the siren could be disconnected for the time being, but was told no cos there are lots of things that might be affected.

My neighbours will not be happy if the alarm goes off again during the night (nor my OH) so I wondered if I can disable it until it goes in to be fixed.

Thanks for reading & for any tips.

Do you have a button on the bottom of the drivers pillar. The VRS has one here that disables the inside sensors. You press it before locking the car and the sensors inside the car are disarmed (often the fault area of alarms). It may or may not work but worth a try.

Do you have a button on the bottom of the drivers pillar. The VRS has one here that disables the inside sensors. You press it before locking the car and the sensors inside the car are disarmed (often the fault area of alarms). It may or may not work but worth a try.

Thanks but I have tried that & it made no difference.

Not trying to be funny or clever, but are you sure it's not something as simple as a fly inside the car setting the ultrasonics off? Plenty of them about at this time of year, and it wouldn't be the first time my alarm has gone off because of an insect inside the car.

Mike

I'm guessing not as the poster has said he's tried the button on the pillar which turns the interior sensors off...

Hi everyone

It went off at 4.20 this morning :swear: I unlocked the car then, after checking everything, locked it again.

Booked it in to be looked at (next Wednesday). I asked if the siren could be disconnected for the time being, but was told no cos there are lots of things that might be affected.

My neighbours will not be happy if the alarm goes off again during the night (nor my OH) so I wondered if I can disable it until it goes in to be fixed.

According to my manual, fuse 35 in the interior fuse panel is for the anti-theft alarm system. You could try removing that fuse....

Does pressing the lock button on the key twice in quick succession not turn off the alarm?

<edit> Make sure it's your car. SWMBO had a problem with her car's alarm but at 4am with her accusing me of it being the skud I didn't check properly.

Took another our of me clicking buttons at the window and damn thing going off and on to realise it was her feckin tigra.

Edited by Aspman

Hi everyone

I had this problem with mine before mine packed in. Mine was never sett to chirp when arming so didn't know it was at fault. Fitted a new one myself <siren>thanks to Mike Holroyd sending me a PDF file about fitting, thanks again Mike! ,and it has been ok since.The part is expensive though £95 to £115 EDIT Siren part no is 1k0951605c . It would be cheaper to get someone with VAG-COM to check it rather than main dealer :thumbup:

Edited by bluvrs2

Not trying to be funny or clever, but are you sure it's not something as simple as a fly inside the car setting the ultrasonics off? Plenty of them about at this time of year, and it wouldn't be the first time my alarm has gone off because of an insect inside the car.

Mike

Is that why you put a spider in yours? :rofl:

Check the LED on the top of the drivers door card. If the alarm is working OK, it should flash rapidly for a couple of seconds, then immediately go into steady slow flash mode. If it continues to flash rapidly, then there is a fault in the alarm system.

Or if the door LED stays on solid for 4 seconds then the interior monitor sensor is broken IIRC

• 2 weeks later...

... and also disables the interior sensor but not the alarm.

I wasn't aware of that, there is however a switch on the B post trim that disables the interior sensor.

Or if the door LED stays on solid for 4 seconds then the interior monitor sensor is broken IIRC

I have noticed this when locking my car!

Im having a problem with the alarm at the moment that causes the alarm to activate approx 3-4 seconds after i lock the car, if the alarm does sound i quickly unlock and then lock again (it has never went off again after this).

I wonder if a faulty/broken interior sensor is causing this.....

With a little trial and error though the alarm only seems to activate if I - Open the car (Pressing the Key Fob only ONCE), drive around etc and then lock it, that seems to be the case every time.

If i open the car using 2 clicks on the key fob, drive around and then lock it the alarm DOESNT seem to go off!

My car is under warrenty from a non Skoda garage so im going to ask them to look at it, however i wonder if it is a better option taking it over to Skoda or buying myself a VAG COM system.