Invite to the Allams Fabia VRS launch day

James at Allams of Epsom has kindly invited any Briskoda members to the Launch day of the New Fabia Vrs on Saturday the 31 st July from 10am onwards.....now is the chance to try out this fantastic car and meet the very helpful staff at Allams (and no I don't work for them)

The address is 12-13 Felstead Road, Longmead Business Park, Epsom, Surrey.

KT19 9AS

Google maps link http://maps.google.c...m&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=12.136041,28.256836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Felstead+Rd,+Epsom+KT19+9,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.34266,-0.264375&spn=0.001565,0.003449&t=h&z=18

Edited by Octygone

Indeed! We'll have the Fabia vRS available to test drive.

Also have a TSi 85bhp SE available to try as that's a new engine.

We have also got a Yeti 1.8TSi 4x4 and a 1.2TSi to try out. Sadly don't have a Octavia vRS as I keep selling them!

We've got a Superb Estate Elegance on site also.

As some of you may know we are Skoda & Alfa Romeo at our Epsom showroom and the Alfas will be here to test drive (if you feel like being bitterly dissapointed). Oh and if they deliver them in time the new Alfa Romeo Giulietta will be here, which is apparently a rather good car even though it's an Alfa....

Although we mustn't loudly slag off the Alfas as I think there will be some people from the alfaowner forum here!

Would be great if we could get a few Briskodians down.

Have a bit of a mini-meet.

Just bring your driving licenses. Drinks and nibbles will be here for you and I'll even turn the AC on in the showroom so we don't all bake!

Someone bring a camera and get a few snaps for our website please!

Would love to come but we are on holiday.

If it's like the last Allams event, it is well worth the trip there :thumbup:

James is there a prize this time for who can get the lowest mpg out of a Superb 3.6 :rofl: if my memory serves me right around 7.5mpg :rofl:

If any other Briskoda members - like me - were invited for Sunday 1 August, you need to note that they've changed the date to Saturday 31 July (they didn't tell me - I had to E-mail when I saw this thread).

A pity - i can't do 31st so will have to look for a test drive locally (Berks.)

I didn't realise Karen had sent the invites for 1st already!

Yes we changed the date as it was easier to do it on a Saturday than a Sunday.

Mike, be realisitc. It was 7.8mpg!!

Everyone is welcome. Be nice to hear your thoughts on the new Fabia vRS, I'm sure SkodaUK would be keen to know too.

Hi there I may try to get down to this along with Beryls Chief Pilot: will we have a resonable amount of time in the car though? A guy is bringing one to the South East meet the same evening which we are going to but he's limiting people to max 10 minutes.

Would love to try the new Guiletta too as both the VRS and the Alfa are on my consideration list when I look for another car next summer.

ill hopefully be able to pop in as im working in the area saturday

especially as not heard anything from either my local dealer or the dealer i brought my vrs from 3yrs ago, i guess there not doing anything special!

cant wait to see the new vrs and try out the dsg gearbox

I will be in Esher on Wed and Thurs, This coming week

I have been looking at the VRS for the wife, she has a 3 yr old Ibiza 1.8 T at the moment but Seat don't do a petrol FR in 5 Door? so I am looking around.

Just ordered a Superb 170DSG SE (NOT LEATHER) with options.

2 superbs, 2 passats, and a mondeo(mistake!!!!) and a Seat Altea XL... love the Seat but it is too hard on suspension despite specifying soft.

I have always stuck to VW.

We drove the new Ibiza FR 3 dr and got a great offer but couldn't convince her to go for a 3 door......Kids, don't you love em!!!???

So looked at the VRS... more powerful and cheaper... suits me... just got to convince her to let go of her beloved Ibiza.

Seat or Skoda or even VW just don't look as good as the last gen Ibiza FR.... Difficult Sell.

Plus although I have driven the more powerful VRS and Cupra they just don't seem as comfortable at accelerating as the 1.8T... May be it is CC after all as the Yanks say?

Please convince us to go for the VFR

Thanks

ABP

Our pleasure.

I was a bit dissapointed that I didn't make anyone throw up on any of the test drives.... :rofl:

Hope you made it home okay on the M25 Rob!

Yes thanks a lot James, was a great morning. Will come and talk to you when I'm back from the Netherlands!