Idiot Driver

earos74

I doubt that the driver in question is a member on this site but if he is then I hope that you are one day pulled over by the police and that you are prosecuted for driving like a complete :swear:

The incident occured at J3 M6 (9.30-9.45am) southbound island for coventry where they decided to go from the inside lane to the outside land in 1 go and stuff the rest of traffic in your way. If you had caused me to have hit another car or hit my car i would have had no qualms about doing you some physical harm without feeling guilty.

It wasnt a young driver but a middle aged tos**er probably driving his company vehicle to bedworth - i wish Knobs like him were banned from the road.

sorry rant over but when idiots like the one i had to deal with today cause accidents and leave the mess behind them it makes me :swear:

I doubt that the driver in question is a member on this site but if he is then I hope that you are one day pulled over by the police and that you are prosecuted for driving like a complete :swear:

The incident occured at J3 M6 (9.30-9.45am) southbound island for coventry where they decided to go from the inside lane to the outside land in 1 go and stuff the rest of traffic in your way. If you had caused me to have hit another car or hit my car i would have had no qualms about doing you some physical harm without feeling guilty.

It wasnt a young driver but a middle aged tos**er probably driving his company vehicle to bedworth - i wish Knobs like him were banned from the road.

sorry rant over but when idiots like the one i had to deal with today cause accidents and leave the mess behind them it makes me :swear:

Words of advice from my father when I passed my test: All drivers are stupid but some are more stupid than others!

good advice sounds true i do alot of motorway millage encounter idiots all the time,

one that ennoys me is when small brian retards drive right up your bumper for no reason seen so many accidents cause of this.

remember defence is the key

I take it that they were 'driving' a Yeti?

yep - thats why its in the yeti forum :giggle:

i just hope he wraps his yeti round a lamp post and does himself some serious damage because of the way he drives. Thankfully im old enough and wise enough to let bell ends like him go after such stupid antics behind the wheel. Theres no excuse at the island as the lanes are all marked, signposted. He just wanted to jump the queue and go right across 4 lanes of traffic as soon as the lights hit green as he knew he wanted the outside lane for his exit.

Sadly, you are not the only one who has the privilege of experiencing one of the multitude of Britain's brainless and ignorant drivers. Had a similar incident happen to me not too long back (and this time, the Yeti was the victim). Waiting at traffic lights ON the M5 Junction 1 roundabout, me in the middle lane and a VW Passat in the oustide. When the lights turned green, the Passat just immediately shot across my path over to the left-hand side causing me to break hard and swerve to take evasive action. It's a miracle I didn't hit anything in the left-hand lane.

Unfortunately, as much as you'd like to get out and take a crowbar to the ****'s head, there are many more like him/her that you will encounter on a daily basis and you'd soon rack up a lifetime in prison on gbh charges. As difficult as it may be, exercising anger management by taking a few deep breaths and concentrating on some pleasant thoughts is the best way to tackle these idiots.

Glass houses and stones comes to mind.... :yes:

No offence ment to anyone..

People Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones ( don't criticize other people when you yourself have faults and weaknesses ...

care to explain that - as "No offence ment" is not really going to hide that remark you made.

People Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones ( don't criticize other people when you yourself have faults and weaknesses ...

care to explain that - as "No offence ment" is not really going to hide that remark you made.

I dont feel that I need to explain my thoughs. But if it helps:

Ok, I have been sucked in! 37 years driving experience. Hold every driving category there is including road roller;

1972-1980 Operated Tank Transporters (ANTARS). Also HGV1 Driving Instructor.

1980-1985 As above plus driving examiner.

1985-1988 Chief Instructor at the largest Driver Training Organisation on the HGV Driving Instructors Course.

1988 – 1990 Responsible for all driver training/testing for service personnel and their dependents. Also road safety officer for British Forces Berlin.

1990 – 1992 as above, for British forces Cyprus and the UN. Plus Chief Driving Examiner.

1992- 1995 As above. For Scotland.

And I still wish I could drive from A to B, without getting frustrated with other road users, exceeding the 30 mph speed limit and on occasion clipping an amber traffic light.

pretty impressive.... but where are you going with the I've got all these driving qualifications?, I mean did you read the initial post which had a go at the idiots driving. Yes you do need to explain what you said. You make a remark saying I shouldn't comment on his driving as I have faults myself? WTF has that got to do with his driving and how he nearly caused an accident with 5 other vehicles - I'm fully entitled to comment on his appalling driving behaviour and yet your comment implies that I shouldn't say anything as I'm just as bad as him.

Seriously don't ever tell me I'm just as bad as him because you DID NOT see his driving , YOU DONT know how I drive and I find your remark offensive for implying such a thing.

You make a remark saying I shouldn't comment on his driving as I have faults myself?

Where? please show me.

I would not dear comment on your driving. as I said "stones and glass houses". My point, if I have to make one is that the road should be a partnership between all users. The perfect driver is yet to be born. If its a case or wreckless driving then that person should be reported.

The form is for the sharing of information. It is not my intention to wind people up.

So what is your point in posting this in the Yeti forum - particularly as you doubt that the culprit is a member of this forum.

Surely intended to wind up everyone here who I would hope trys to avoid upsetting fellow road users. That and to get it off your chest. - which I can perhaps understand. Is there some sort of collective blame for your experience that you feel that we all need to share because we all drive Yetis?

In my experience, if you had made a note of the reg no, you would have been quite in order in reporting what you saw to the Police. Particularly if other people had made similar reports, the driver could be traced and an officer could then have had a polite word.

Practically every day I witness stupid antics from other drivers and no doubt in my time I could also be accused of doing some silly things. The next time however that I am cut up by a Mini, hire car Focus or dopey Vectra, the last thing I would do would be to post some nonsense on their respective forums (if they exist) with the hope that the idiot driver would see my comments and then feel chastised.

Before you ask, my Yeti was safely tucked away on an MoD base at the time with ANPR confirmation of that!!

earos74,

I saw some divi in an Octavia this evening cutting across some double white lines on the approach to my level crossing.

Can I therefore presume that this makes every Octavia driver a dangerous prat? That is how your original posting reads.

No matter how annoyed the incident made you, might it not have been a good idea to take a deep breath and thought before you put finger to keyboard?

And since we are listing experience:

been through 3 RoSPA Assesments and Silver pass each time

blue light response trained,

front line Ambulance trained,

assessor for 4x4 Response Wales.

And the first to admit that we ALL make mistakes, and no-one is perfect.

not me ether yeti not been that far away from home yet

Edited by wakev

... If you had caused me to have hit another car or hit my car i would have had no qualms about doing you some physical harm without feeling guilty.

Good God earos :o - you're member title should be earache!! cos you're giving me one! :rofl:

Serious over-reaction and anger issues though man!! You need to take some anger management training or go into therapy if you are thinking of reacting react like this- it's hardly a calm road user on the loose is it?!

Your reaction and any despicable actions you may take are your fault not theirs!

Try this website:

http://counsellingresource.com/ask-the-psychologist/2010/02/11/road-rage-and-stress-management/

In the Nuneaton /Bedworth area is some training that might help you: :yes:

http://www.findleys.co.uk/articles/road_rage_and_anger_management.html

You say in a later post "Thankfully im old enough and wise enough to let bell ends like him go after such stupid antics behind the wheel." - what on earth else would any sensible road user or for that matter just fellow human being do?... apart from report the matter to the police immediately and let them deal with it.

Anyone can miss signs especially if you don't know the area- road users- yes I mean you- should always be aware of other peoples potential actions and drive accordingly!! and if other drivers who obviously are not up to your high standard of road driving make a mistake/ error please be tolerent, kind, considerate... and that way you will not end up like Kenny Noye :no:

Best wishes for calmer journeys in the future :sun:

Lady Penelope

Maybe someone more adept than me might like to start a poll on other drivers most annoying habits.

For me the are in no particular order

1) Not stopping at traffic lights when they turn to red - let alone yellow as I was taught :thumbdown::thumbdown:

2) Driving as close to ones rear as they can :thumbdown::thumbdown:

3) Middle lane cruising on motorways causing stupid impatient drivers to undertake :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

4) Motorbikes driving down the middle of the road on MY side :thumbdown:

5) Tarring all drivers of a particular make/car with the same brush- ie BMW drivers are thrusting bankers (rhyming slang) :rofl:

mine CAN'T make it that far from home yet!

Don't loose your time, no one but me pays attention to your posts.(I do that 'cause I'm trying to learn english -no other reason, at all-).

Don't loose your time, no one but me pays attention to your posts.(I do that 'cause I'm trying to learn english -no other reason, at all-).

Do you have a English Girlfriend ? possibly older than you?