performance cat back exhaust

vRSy

i know longer have a octavia vRS so i have no need for this cat back exhaust.

Its a piper perfomance stainless steel cat back exhaust, as per the pics below. sound wise it is awesome, as a comparison it is slightly quieter than the miltek turbo back exhaust on shark_90's octy vRS.

SDC11446.jpg

SDC11441.jpg

SDC11447.jpg

quality bit of kit and for a bargain price.

£200+ P&P

or make me a good offer :thumbup:

Maybe a pic on the car will help with sales?

never took one to be honest mate, an exhaust is an exhaust, its the sound that matters :thumbup: . no good now anyway, i dont have the car anymore :thumbup:

hmmmm would this go on a tdi?

the exhuast tunnel and floor plan are identical on both the TDI and TFSI so the exhaust would fit. the only minor issue would be the size of the standard downpipe on the TDI.

If it is 2.5" it will be a direct fit, if not you will require a reducer, which are available for less than £10 on ebay

shame i never read this earlier, because if you were interested i was in plymouth all this week visiting family :doh:

Edited by vRSy

just some ginger bloke

come on guys, need this exhaust to go. its practicllay new. fitted it in february this year, removed it in june. covered about 4000miles. since ive sold the vRS its now really in the way.

guys make me an offer and we can do a deal

• 2 weeks later...

some more info might be useful?

what effect does this have on the car - noise? performance increase?

will this fit only hatch or also estate?

will it fit only TFSI or also FL/Tsi engines?

How would go you go about fitting the OE tailpipes on this? I had a look at my stock exhaust and the tips are welded on..

tia.

There's a pic of mine on here somewhere - can't seem to find the thread just now.

Proper long shot. But are you able to take a small vid clip / sound bits of your piper cat back on idle and rev please?

Maybe a new pic.. Might help Sy with sale .. i may buy my self lol

*Edit (Inside and out side of car)

Edited by Mr Mul

some more info might be useful?

what effect does this have on the car - noise? performance increase?

will it fit only TFSI or also FL/Tsi engines?

How would go you go about fitting the OE tailpipes on this? I had a look at my stock exhaust and the tips are welded on..

tia.

TBF main sale is from a VRS TFSI Hatch..

Any further details / indepth contact the makers?

I'll respond to some of these to help Sy out with his 'buy a crap second car' campaign :)

what effect does this have on the car - noise?  performance increase?

It's noticeably louder than stock, but in a good way - personally I love it. People have commented that it sounds slightly quieter than a Miltec, I think it's slightly noisier. Nicely balanced though, only really roars when you put your foot down and is perfectly acceptable on the motorway. General opinion is that the downpipe is the most important section to swap out, not many gains to be had from the cat back section but at this price worth it for the noise alone in my opinion.

Mine is a hatch, but I bought it off Lee here who had an estate, so I guess it's interchangeable - this is pre-FL anyway. I seem to remember asking JKM at the time as I was worried about the fitment and they mentioned Miltec quoted the same part from their range for both hatch and estate.

How would go you go about fitting the OE tailpipes on this?  I had a look at my stock exhaust and the tips are welded on..

I know Sy mentioned this as an option, but I'd stick with the Piper exit - it fills the gap in the bumper perfectly and looks perfectly OEM, just in an oval-y way! (think Leon Cupra R)

Proper long shot. But are you able to take a small vid clip / sound bits of your piper cat back on idle and rev please?

I'm not sure that would help to be honest - you really don't get an appreciation for what an exhaust sounds like any other way than being there in the flesh as any recording just sounds tinny - could try youtube though or anyone is welcome to pop round (Bristol) if you're passing.

That I can do - I'll try and sort out another pic tomorrow so people can laugh (again) at how dirty my rear bumper [always] is :)

I'll respond to some of these to help Sy out with his 'buy a crap second car' campaign :)

:giggle:

It's noticeably louder than stock, but in a good way - personally I love it. People have commented that it sounds slightly quieter than a Miltec, I think it's slightly noisier. Nicely balanced though, only really roars when you put your foot down and is perfectly acceptable on the motorway. General opinion is that the downpipe is the most important section to swap out, not many gains to be had from the cat back section but at this price worth it for the noise alone in my opinion.

Mine was quieter than bens miltek non res TBE, power gains, maybe 2-5Hp if your lucky. i will free up flow, so it should give a better cuurve but cant see to many changes in overall peak outputs. its the downpipe that does provides the resrictions as standard

Mine is a hatch, but I bought it off Lee here who had an estate, so I guess it's interchangeable - this is pre-FL anyway. I seem to remember asking JKM at the time as I was worried about the fitment and they mentioned Miltec quoted the same part from their range for both hatch and estate.

Absolute identical fitment from turbo through to the tail pipes. same tunnel, same mounts, same bumper same size etc etc

I know Sy mentioned this as an option, but I'd stick with the Piper exit - it fills the gap in the bumper perfectly and looks perfectly OEM, just in an oval-y way! (think Leon Cupra R)

The std tail pipes connect onto the silencer with a small pincer ish style clamp. a pair of pliers would release the twin pipes from the std exhaust and they would fit on the piper silencer as they are the same bore. the oval looks better IMO, thats why i bought it. replacment tailpipes can be had for £20 if you wanted a change. ebay is your friend there

I'm not sure that would help to be honest - you really don't get an appreciation for what an exhaust sounds like any other way than being there in the flesh as any recording just sounds tinny - could try youtube though or anyone is welcome to pop round (Bristol) if you're passing.

i dont have a vRS so cant help with that, and fom similar style vids, i think vids are pointless as they distort

That I can do - I'll try and sort out another pic tomorrow so people can laugh (again) at how dirty my rear bumper [always] is :)

Cheers timmy

*Edit (Inside and out side of car)

make me a sensible offer mate, and its yours. :thumbup: