Auto Express Car of The Year 2010.

leckman

About Fiat Uno design, i remind you a man... called Giorgetto Giugiaro...

Chico...

don't forget: Giugiaro and his company (ITALDESIGN) are now members of VAG Group.

Just like Skoda ;)

Edited by medi@wiz

It's a funny old world. It seemed to be a while ago that if AE pits, say a Golf against an Octavia or Yeti or Superb, you could guarantee that the Golf would win. It seems to me that now their photographer has had a Superb and one of their roadtesters has had a Scout, Skodas now seem very popular again and can do no wrong.

Just like any Skoda that the yawnfest that is WhatCar tests at the moment will automatically come last...

Not on salt covered winter roads in the UK!

The bodywork could dissolve whilst you watched.

I seem to recall that the body design for the Uno was a 'reject' by Nissan for the first Micra. It was a neat looking car but not suited to our climate.

Don't think it won anything from Autoexpress as they came into existance after the Uno had been replaced by the 'Full Stop', sorry, Punto.

I had a Uno as a second car for ten years and it did not rust, those honours went to an Alfasud Ti and Alfetta GTV, but boy did I love those cars.

Auto Express is in the same stable as Evo and they rate the Yeti highly (as previously posted) as well. More of an accolade IMHO.

I don't mind that Yeti will come last in the What Car awards - it's an 'orrible magazine that is even worse in their 'new this month' format. It could almost be published by Which magazine.

The EVO report on the unforseen capabilities of the 1.8 TSi Yeti was a major contributing factor to me ordering one. Of all the mags EVO is the one I respect most.

I wouldn't even keep 'What Car' in the bathroom for emergencies.

Smart move - the paper is far too brittle and scratchy. :rofl:

Auto Express is in the same stable as Evo and they rate the Yeti highly (as previously posted) as well. More of an accolade IMHO.

I don't mind that Yeti will come last in the What Car awards - it's an 'orrible magazine that is even worse in their 'new this month' format. It could almost be published by Which magazine.

No, Which? like the Yeti!

Does this mean to say you've tried it then Agerbundsen? emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

'fraid not. But back in the olden days in the United Bluff, the standard back-up in the outside bog was the Sears Roebuck Catalog. Thick as an old London telephone directory and already had a hole drilled through it in the corner, so you could put a string in it to hang it up. Since you had nothing better to read, practice was to read the pages you were interested in, and tear out as many as you needed when done.

Sadly, no Yeti adverts, but the tools section and, to some, the ladies lingerie were always interesting. :no:

Last para added to maintain thread integrety. :giggle:

Edited by Agerbundsen

Has this issue of Auto Express been published yet? Tesco and newsagents next to my office don't have it yet.

Not all Tesco's are the same then :wonder: picked my copy up yesterday from their store in Driffield which is far from being the largest urban metropolis :rofl:

TP

Just picked up my copy of Auto Express from Tescos. I must say, it's rather a good advert for Skoda Cars. "Car of the Year 2010", "Best Crossover", "Best Family Car", "Best Estate Car" and winner of the Driver Power Survey.

That's impressive. Well Done Skoda! emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Well I guess I'm going to find out as I took up their £1 offer last night. Must remember to cancel the DD before the expiry of the offer if it really is that bad.

Great accolade! Well deserved.

I just love telling people who ask that I drive a Brown Skoda!

It's also great to see peoples reactions when they see it.

I've had everything from a car full of young lads overtaking to give me a thumbs up to people stopping me in the car park to take a look.

The night before last I had a chap leave his car in the middle of the road, whilst I had the barriers down, looking at the car, and who then called up to the box window to have a chat about it. His car stayed in the middle of the road the whole time.

Great accolade! Well deserved.

I just love telling people who ask that I drive a Brown Skoda!

It's also great to see peoples reactions when they see it.

I've had everything from a car full of young lads overtaking to give me a thumbs up to people stopping me in the car park to take a look.

It's quite funny the range of different people the Yeti appears to grab the attention of. I had my mother's next door neighbour's grandson, a typical looking teenage hoodie (but very polite one), come up to me the other day and ask me about the car. He seemed quite impressed with it and thought it looked pretty cool.

So, maybe in a few years time, it'll replace the Vauxhall Corsa as the chav's wheels of choice and you'll see lots of them about with 20" alloys, 12" diameter exhausts and blue LED strips emoticon-0136-giggle.gif (let's hope not, eh?)

It's quite funny the range of different people the Yeti appears to grab the attention of. I had my mother's next door neighbour's grandson, a typical looking teenage hoodie (but very polite one), come up to me the other day and ask me about the car. He seemed quite impressed with it and thought it looked pretty cool.

So, maybe in a few years time, it'll replace the Vauxhall Corsa as the chav's wheels of choice and you'll see lots of them about with 20" alloys, 12" diameter exhausts and blue LED strips emoticon-0136-giggle.gif (let's hope not, eh?)

On the contrary, my 22 years old son loves driving my Octavia vRS (well he would wouldn't he) BUT says he doesn't want to be seen dead, yet alone alive and driving, in my Yeti. Maybe he'll change his mind once I've got it.

i havnt come across one person who doesnt like mine, its great to see people stop and stare...had loads asking about it too.....picked up the mag this morning, will read it whilst on my hols tomoz...( 5 hour journey) :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Well I guess I'm going to find out as I took up their £1 offer last night. Must remember to cancel the DD before the expiry of the offer if it really is that bad.

Yep definitely going to cancel - they do seem very anti VAG and I've only had one copy so far of the three I've signed up for.