Rear seat belt

The middle rear seatbelt is jammed on my Octavia after having the seats collapsed, The tension is so tight I can barely put the seat back upright. Does anybody know how to release the tension?

Happened to me. A fast(ish) drive down a cobbled street free'd it off.

If it is still not working, trying lowering the seat and the ensuring it is locked back into position with a reasonable degree of force.

i had this on my car and the only thing i can suggest is fully removing the back seat out of the car and put it back in, i did this with my vrs seats and as by magic the center belt worked again, not sure why but thats all i can suggest

i had this on my car and the only thing i can suggest is fully removing the back seat out of the car and put it back in, i did this with my vrs seats and as by magic the center belt worked again, not sure why but thats all i can suggest

• 1 year later...

Hi all

I saw this topic whilst looking for a solution to my own problem of a jammed rear centre seat belt. Skoda Octavia VRS Mk1

I decided to take the bull by the horns and its really quite simple.

Take out the rear squab. Place on a clean surface, preferably with a soft covering with the rear flat side uppermost.

Press a wide bladed screwdriver in between the carpet material and the front seat covering. Whilst pressing down to compress the foam, lever upwards at the end of the top of the seat back. All the front material is attached to strips of plastic which are pressed into a channel around the edge of the metal back.. Don't worry if you bend this channel because when you reverse the process to refit the plastic strips you will need to give a tap all round, preferably with a rubber hammer.

Once you have dug the plastic strips out all round, you will be ablle to lift the foam and material up and hinge it from the top.

You will now notice that there is an interlock on the seatbelt mechanism which stops the belt from either rewinding or lossening. This is a safety feature which is overcome when the back is fully locked into the upright position. Once you have got this far its plain sailing. Do not forget to replace the plastic guard that stops the foam from interfering with the operation of the seatbelt. Replacement of the seat cover is simple, as you just compress the foam, insert the plastic strips, give a tap all round and bobs your uncle. Took me 25 minutes to get it apartseatbelt fixed, and material back on.

Dealer wanted about £200.00 + VAT. Any problems [email protected]

Edited by REynards

May be worth remembering this.

Welcome aboard by the way, ( i see this was your first post :nerd: )

• 7 months later...

Hi, I had the same problem on a 1.9Tdi, looks like a common problem only I think I have damaged the mechanism trying to free it. Does anyone have the Skoda part numbber for a replacement the text on the belt is obscure, will any of the seatbelts from the car fit in the rear centre ?.

regards

• 2 years later...

Hi all

I saw this topic whilst looking for a solution to my own problem of a jammed rear centre seat belt. Skoda Octavia VRS Mk1

I decided to take the bull by the horns and its really quite simple.

Take out the rear squab. Place on a clean surface, preferably with a soft covering with the rear flat side uppermost.

Press a wide bladed screwdriver in between the carpet material and the front seat covering. Whilst pressing down to compress the foam, lever upwards at the end of the top of the seat back. All the front material is attached to strips of plastic which are pressed into a channel around the edge of the metal back.. Don't worry if you bend this channel because when you reverse the process to refit the plastic strips you will need to give a tap all round, preferably with a rubber hammer.

Once you have dug the plastic strips out all round, you will be ablle to lift the foam and material up and hinge it from the top.

You will now notice that there is an interlock on the seatbelt mechanism which stops the belt from either rewinding or lossening. This is a safety feature which is overcome when the back is fully locked into the upright position. Once you have got this far its plain sailing. Do not forget to replace the plastic guard that stops the foam from interfering with the operation of the seatbelt. Replacement of the seat cover is simple, as you just compress the foam, insert the plastic strips, give a tap all round and bobs your uncle. Took me 25 minutes to get it apartseatbelt fixed, and material back on.

Dealer wanted about £200.00 + VAT. Any problems [email protected]

I know that this is old topic but i did have the same problem and with help of this i have managed to fix it and while i was doing it i have made some pictures that could help to follow this guide.

post-75214-0-94899100-1430149759_thumb.jpgpost-75214-0-62230400-1430149765_thumb.jpg

post-75214-0-04848400-1430149751_thumb.jpg

post-75214-0-88890200-1430149752_thumb.jpg

post-75214-0-12847600-1430149756_thumb.jpg

post-75214-0-47168700-1430149762_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi thanks for this thread. I got my rear middle seatbelt stuck after messing I must be that person who has to press the button that says do not press... anyway on the Fabia you take off one of the side white plastic covers and there's a very simple but effective mechanism which is a ball bearing in a plastic hammer which locks the toothed wheel. After seeing how it worked I think you could use gravity to unlodge it. I tried this before dismantling but didn't get anywhere. Anyway thanks couldn't or wouldn't have figured it out with this thread.

• 4 years later...