Any one ever seen this light on there dash?

I imagine it would be handy for child seat users.

Just so you know it's clicked back into place properly before fixing

a child seat. But I don't have kids so that's what I imagine it's for.

Guest BigJase88

It's not pointless, it's fitted on cars from 05> iirc with a three point centre seatbelt. As the belt is contained in the seat it would only work if the seat is shut correctly.

pest then!

im going to remove the bulb :D

It's not pointless, it's fitted on cars from 05> iirc with a three point centre seatbelt. As the belt is contained in the seat it would only work if the seat is shut correctly.

Ahh I see... Of course... That also validates my point about the child seat.

Both of ours have it on a 54 plate. :yes:

My 04 vRS has a three point centre seatbelt and that light. However our 53 Fabia does not have the light, but only has a lap-belt on the centre rear seat.

I have a seatbelt light that only comes with the ignition, but does not come on when belts are undone when moving. (My old Metro had this light and it did)

Edited by Jim H

A mate of mine had this light come up on his dash when he drops his rear seats? I never even knew there was such a light? i dont have it on mine..................

No I have a VRS SE too and I do not have it as the back seat has been down on mine for over a week now and there is no such light.

Maybe they realised that they go wrong and there is not real point to them and removed it from the later versions of the MK1 fab.

56 plate, no light, but the belt won't budge if the seat aint locked back correctly

My 04/54 had it

My 07/07 doesn't - and the belt DOESN'T lock as is suggested above - unlatch the seatback, move it forward slightly and the belt is still free to come out. The manual dated 05.05 doesn't mention it.

I wonder why they stopped this safety feature? Value engineering?

I'd guess it figures your moving big stuff if it's not reset and stops singing (keeps dancing though, just in case) ;)

I like having it myself (04 plate)... How amazingly painful would it be for the peeps in the back in a head on...

The weight of the center passenger would actually be passed through to the shoulder of the side passenger, on top the weight of the seat back. Ouch,

mines an 05 plate and it has it, bit pointless tho, i dropped the seats down, so i know they are down, so you dont need to tell me!

I'm sure you know it's not to tell if they're down or not, but whether they're properly latched or not...

I'm sure that when I have my seats down to go to the tip, it only comes on when you first start the car and only stays on for 30 secs to 1 minute or so. It does not come on when driving, although I only have the seat down for a short journey.

Edited by Jim H